MA gda

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as stars have SM coaching their Academy teams, it will be looked at as a sub-par program. #clueless

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      As long as stars have SM coaching their Academy teams, it will be looked at as a sub-par program. #clueless
      Ouch.

Comment

I would most certainly add JB to the list. Awful coach!

Comment

I would most certainly add JB to the list. Awful coach!
          Which is probably why JD is stepping in to take over. We'll see where he goes on days there is a conflict. Rumor has it there is a lot of unrest in the older DA teams. Im sure he got an earful after the Florida showcase and his lack of involvement overall. I have heard the NT players on my Ds team may leave. Idk if that's true, but I haven't seen them yet.

Comment

A lot of excellent players on the 19s DA team... to have SM try and coach some of those kids, terrible. He needs to go coach his futsal teams.... that is his level. JD should step in, but really need better back-up staff.

Comment

Stars is a mess. They are not putting all the eggs in 1 basket and their talents are divided. Now they are mediocre in one league (GDA) and very average->mediocre in another (ECNL).
              Kind of like GDA overall - very inconsistent clubs and teams across the region and country. Creating a new league doesn't create more talented players; it just means everyone is fighting over the same players. Some of the clubs selected are definitely not good with poor coaching. Is it true, as rumored, that they will be adding more clubs? I hope they don't. They need to solidify what they have first, but USSF seems more concerned about making ECNL go away then doing what is best for DA.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Kind of like GDA overall - very inconsistent clubs and teams across the region and country. Creating a new league doesn't create more talented players; it just means everyone is fighting over the same players. Some of the clubs selected are definitely not good with poor coaching. Is it true, as rumored, that they will be adding more clubs? I hope they don't. They need to solidify what they have first, but USSF seems more concerned about making ECNL go away then doing what is best for DA.
                My daughter isn’t with Stars, but I don’t understand the criticism of offering alternatives. Isn’t that what every club does? We have NPL. I worry that NPL has turned from the top league to third or fourth. But my daughter’s friends at Stars seem pretty happy, and some are on DA and some are on ECNL.

Comment

My daughter isn’t with Stars, but I don’t understand the criticism of offering alternatives. Isn’t that what every club does? We have NPL. I worry that NPL has turned from the top league to third or fourth. But my daughter’s friends at Stars seem pretty happy, and some are on DA and some are on ECNL.
                  The talent is spread too thin. Some very good players will chose one league over another because of the training, competition, HS vs no HS etc. Players would get more out of being on a team with 10 good players than 5 good the rest mediocre. Choice is good for the consumer but not necessarily good for making soccer better

Comment

I should clarify, I am referring to '05
                    There is no DA at 05, so you should have your answer there.

Comment

Wait awhile there will be soon.

Comment

Wait awhile there will be soon.
                        And it will just as underwhelming as the rest of the GDA.

Comment

And it will just as underwhelming as the rest of the GDA.
                          US soccer needs to just get on with it, and make the GDA the new ECNL. Allow HS, knock off the silly substitution rules, more on that later. Demand that clubs make that their best team, with the best coaching. train 4x a week, except weeks with 2 games. And play 2 games each weekend. Ridiculous traveling anything over 3 hrs for just one game. Basically hijack the ECNL. theres not enough talent for two top leagues. It probably wont be any less corrupt, but at least the talent will be consolidated again.
                          As far as the sub rules go, its really more for the coaching than the players. All the top players already play most of the game anyway. Whats the sense. If US soccer wants to see how a kid does for 90 mins, they can make that happen. Otherwise, play Ecnl sub rules. Everyone can get in, the quality doesnt drop with fatigue, and less risk of injury.

Comment

US soccer needs to just get on with it, and make the GDA the new ECNL. Allow HS, knock off the silly substitution rules, more on that later. Demand that clubs make that their best team, with the best coaching. train 4x a week, except weeks with 2 games. And play 2 games each weekend. Ridiculous traveling anything over 3 hrs for just one game. Basically hijack the ECNL. theres not enough talent for two top leagues. It probably wont be any less corrupt, but at least the talent will be consolidated again.
                            As far as the sub rules go, its really more for the coaching than the players. All the top players already play most of the game anyway. Whats the sense. If US soccer wants to see how a kid does for 90 mins, they can make that happen. Otherwise, play Ecnl sub rules. Everyone can get in, the quality doesnt drop with fatigue, and less risk of injury.
                            Ok, but forget HS, it reverses development.

Comment

Ok, but forget HS, it reverses development.
                              for some you are right. For others, HS develops character, and offers bigger stage than DA and most D1 games

Comment

for some you are right. For others, HS develops character, and offers bigger stage than DA and most D1 games
                                Exactly. HS for most is NOT doing much in the form of technical development, but it is a big deal to many for a variety of reasons. I just think if DA is going to be what it wants to be in the current size it is, it's going to have to allow for kids to play HS, and come back when that is over like ECNL currently is. There was a push for ECNL to drop HS a few years back, and it didn't work. Clubs can put something together for the kids that don't want to do HS during the HS season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X