Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is the distance? you have to define what that is is on a personal level. You have no clue what the optimal path for a kid is and nor do I. I dont know her. The underlying jealousy in posts like yours shine through.

Lets see where she goes witht eh game and hope she enjoys the ride.

Dont be bitter.

PS I dont know the kid concerned, but have read this so many times.
    Actually I do know the path. Been down it. If that kid wants to stay on the path to the full WNT she needs to stop training with middle - high school kids and start working against legit college and pro level players. She has to be playing up at least 4-5 years. That what a real YNT player actually needs and last I looked SSS didn't exactly have those sorts of resources.

Comment

Actually I do know the path. Been down it. If that kid wants to stay on the path to the full WNT she needs to stop training with middle - high school kids and start working against legit college and pro level players. She has to be playing up at least 4-5 years. That what a real YNT player actually needs and last I looked SSS didn't exactly have those sorts of resources.
      You have no idea what this or any other players wants. Worry about your own player.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        You have no idea what this or any other players wants. Worry about your own player.
        Exactly. It must be really awful for her to drive a short distance to a solid program instead of driving an hour each way to Mendon for lesser instruction.

Comment

Exactly. It must be really awful for her to drive a short distance to a solid program instead of driving an hour each way to Mendon for lesser instruction.
          Well i guess your criteria dont match hers. Oh well.

Comment

What do people hate? That talent is talent? in so many of the posts I read, the underlying theme is that every player can be great with coaching, the right club , the right initials etc etc. Its parents not willing to accept that Jane is way better than Sue.

If you are good enough, none of this stuff matters.

most are not which is why these discussions continue.
            Bingo!! Then if you have the talent is really comes down to how hard you work to maximize it. Have to operate as though there is always someone out there who is better and working harder. In a lot of respects the mindset you have to have is its a race to see who can work the hardest.

Comment

Well if you are telling me that you know that the player doesn't want to play for a high level D1 college program or have any shot what so ever to make a national team then I guess I will buy whatever koolaide you are selling. If she wants those things then she had better look real hard at what is around her and what it is doing for her. My bet is she is already better than just about every player in the club. Fair bet? How is she going to get better working against that? Who is going to challenge her?

Comment

Quite frankly she may need to travel quite a distance to find what she actually needs and it may even be out of the region now that the Breakers have folded. One thing I will tell all of you is that IF the NT sees any potential in her, both her family and SSS already knows they have to do something because they will gotten direct feedback specifically addressing her training. That's how it works. At the very least SSS should be lining something up for the girl to be training periodically with a WPSL squad if not one of the full NWSL franchises so if you see this girl more than randomly playing for her age appropriate team you will know that SSS failed her.

Comment

Bingo!! Then if you have the talent is really comes down to how hard you work to maximize it. Have to operate as though there is always someone out there who is better and working harder. In a lot of respects the mindset you have to have is its a race to see who can work the hardest.

but you have to define your finish line. College, top College , Pro, Full NT ? I dont know the kid at all, but to suggest you have to be playing up 4/5 years....what does that even mean? in most soccer cultures, age is irrelevant. You play with players of similar ability. your game dictates your level. here for $$$$$$$$$$ reasons we have all these ages.

Comment

but you have to define your finish line. College, top College , Pro, Full NT ? I dont know the kid at all, but to suggest you have to be playing up 4/5 years....what does that even mean? in most soccer cultures, age is irrelevant. You play with players of similar ability. your game dictates your level. here for $$$$$$$$$$ reasons we have all these ages.
                    What part do you find difficult to understand? The kid is on the YNT path. The poster noted that IF she wants to STAY on that path those were the things she needed to do. Why are you even interjecting such silliness questioning what her finish line would be? If a kid like her isn't supposed to be chasing the NT what is anyone doing in club soccer? Seriously if you don't know the kid why are you arguing to dumb down her training? The minimum speed of play she needs to prepare for is found at the high D1 college level. International is even faster. That is the ability level of players that she needs to be playing against right now in order to take a shot at the full NT. The fact that those players are 4-8 years older is irrelevant. That's her actual peer group. SSS will ruin the kid is they keep her playing with kids that are in middle and high school at this point because the gap between where a kid like that is and where the rest of them is huge. I just hope you aren't with SSS and giving input to the family because you don't know what the F you are talking about.

Comment

What part do you find difficult to understand? The kid is on the YNT path. The poster noted that IF she wants to STAY on that path those were the things she needed to do. Why are you even interjecting such silliness questioning what her finish line would be? If a kid like her isn't supposed to be chasing the NT what is anyone doing in club soccer? Seriously if you don't know the kid why are you arguing to dumb down her training? The minimum speed of play she needs to prepare for is found at the high D1 college level. International is even faster. That is the ability level of players that she needs to be playing against right now in order to take a shot at the full NT. The fact that those players are 4-8 years older is irrelevant. That's her actual peer group. SSS will ruin the kid is they keep her playing with kids that are in middle and high school at this point because the gap between where a kid like that is and where the rest of them is huge. I just hope you aren't with SSS and giving input to the family because you don't know what the F you are talking about.
                      She'll be fine. Parents will save money. She'll have high school memories.

GDA girls will have more frequent flier miles and less high school memories.

Easy choice.

Comment

BS. You need to stop spouting this crap. The most dynamic young player currently on the WNT is Mallory Pugh. Pugh played High School soccer. Let me repeat that: Pugh played High School soccer. She also practiced with and against Academy boys teams. She didn't need to play up 4 years and skip all the crap boot ball High school play to make the NT. You really don't know crap about the process as it relates to anyone other than your D.

Comment

Really? And your kid is who on the NT? Im not with SSS but im sure she is getting great training there, evidenced by her call ups. I dont even know who the kid is, but you dont want her out grinding everyday with a bunch of kids that are so much bigger and stronger. If she is an early developer, maybe occasionally. You dont want her to break down. If she wants to work with faster players she can also work with the boys teams. Theres no need to kill yourself to find good training environments. If she really has the talent and drive she will be fine.

Comment

Last two posts are just bad advice. You are talking about trying to help a kid become one of the best in the world. The normal rules don’t apply.

Comment

Last two posts are just bad advice. You are talking about trying to help a kid become one of the best in the world. The normal rules don’t apply.
                              My kid is a NT player, my advice is to let them figure it out themselves. You think a true champion player had to be pushed by their parents?

Comment

My kid is a NT player, my advice is to let them figure it out themselves. You think a true champion player had to be pushed by their parents?
                                Exactly. First, burn out is a very real thing. How many players quit soccer or whatever sport they played because they were constantly pushed by parents and coaches past the point where they could mentally handle the pressure and grind? I hear the stories of talented players in many different sports quitting sophmore, junior, senior year.

Then there is the "pathway". There are many ways to get ID'd and there are many ways to improve your game. The same path that works for one may not work for another. Look at Horan and Press in the NT. One played in college then went to play in Europe. One went pro with PSG instead of college. Neither were really on the NT radar until they came back to the states. There are many different stories currently on the NT and most don't match the crap being posted here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X