Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mickey wants you guys to take this conversation to another thread.

Thank you.
    Oh contraire - Mickey would love for the conversation to move away from the BS debacle

Comment

Just wrong

Let me help you out with your “for most kids” distinction.

2004’s = u14 = split some 14 and some 13 = 8th grade
      2003’s = u15 = split some 15 and some 14 = 9th grade

None of these BOYS are being looked at by coaches OR meeting coaches. What don’t you get about this? Guess what, neither are the 2002’s unless they are absolute studs. You must have a daughter.
      You are just wrong on this, I'm sorry. I'm not guessing, its FACT.

College coaches start putting 100 players on their radar from 8th grade (first year) to 10th grade.

Guess what, kids don't change often. Some do, and they get found. Most don't. The stud at 9th grade is the same stud at 12th grade. They know that.

You will to some day.

Comment

College coaches start putting 100 players on their radar from 8th grade (first year) to 10th grade.

Guess what, kids don't change often. Some do, and they get found. Most don't. The stud at 9th grade is the same stud at 12th grade. They know that.

You will to some day.
        First of all it’s too, as in also. Second of all, you’re flat out wrong for boys. Where are these college coaches seeing these 8th grade boys to put on their radar. Please tell us. Third of all, I’ve been through the process already, twice, with a daughter and a son, one more about to start the “prime recruiting years”.

Comment

You will to some day.
          Are you a college coach? Or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Comment

Are you a college coach? Or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?
            He took an online course with Phoenix University

Comment

First of all it’s too, as in also. Second of all, you’re flat out wrong for boys. Where are these college coaches seeing these 8th grade boys to put on their radar. Please tell us. Third of all, I’ve been through the process already, twice, with a daughter and a son, one more about to start the “prime recruiting years”.
              I as well. The poster knows as much about recruiting as Trump does about the constitution

Comment

You will to some day.
                The only boy players identified as early as 8th grade are those on national teams. Additionally there's only a handful of colleges doing the 8th grade identification. There is only a handful of players and yes that handful of players will still be on the list in 12th grade. For the vast majority of boy players they get identified much later in high school

Comment

Soccer Coaches/ID 8th Grade

Listen gentlemen.

This discussion is not intended to argue the validity of my comments; they are in fact indisputable.

I've been a part of them as a father
                  I've been a part of them as a coach (not college, but local club)
                  I've been a part of them as an administrator

But you don't have to ask me, or take my word for it. I will instruct any of you to reach out to an independent group that does exactly what I'm stating takes place.

Reach out to:

Jess Gregory
                  coordinator@exactsports.com

Or you can attend the event July 24-26th yourself. I have participated in events like these, and there ARE DIV 1, 2, and 3 soccer coaches there. They take it seriously and begin ID process as early as 8th grade.

I'm not making it up, I'm not saying anything negative about you, I'm just giving you the information.

Imagine that, just giving you the information. Now its up to you to do your own homework instead of discrediting me and mine.

Thank you, have a great day and good luck to all.

We will be finalizing together details for the “Soccer Coach BBQ” over the next couple weeks. I will keep you in the loop as it comes together.

On a related note, I wanted to get you involved in our player recommendation program. The Connecticut Boys Academic 50 ID Camp on July 24-26 is an intensive 3-day college training camp for rising 8th - 12th graders. It is geared toward high-achieving student-athletes (3.0 ) looking to play college soccer at a strong academic school.

Comment

Listen gentlemen.

This discussion is not intended to argue the validity of my comments; they are in fact indisputable.

I've been a part of them as a father
                    I've been a part of them as a coach (not college, but local club)
                    I've been a part of them as an administrator

But you don't have to ask me, or take my word for it. I will instruct any of you to reach out to an independent group that does exactly what I'm stating takes place.

Reach out to:

Jess Gregory
                    coordinator@exactsports.com

Or you can attend the event July 24-26th yourself. I have participated in events like these, and there ARE DIV 1, 2, and 3 soccer coaches there. They take it seriously and begin ID process as early as 8th grade.

I'm not making it up, I'm not saying anything negative about you, I'm just giving you the information.

Imagine that, just giving you the information. Now its up to you to do your own homework instead of discrediting me and mine.

Thank you, have a great day and good luck to all.

We will be finalizing together details for the “Soccer Coach BBQ” over the next couple weeks. I will keep you in the loop as it comes together.

On a related note, I wanted to get you involved in our player recommendation program. The Connecticut Boys Academic 50 ID Camp on July 24-26 is an intensive 3-day college training camp for rising 8th - 12th graders. It is geared toward high-achieving student-athletes (3.0 ) looking to play college soccer at a strong academic school.
                    Funny that you are using an “independent group” aka a money making organization as your proof. My kid has been getting these for years. It’s in their best interest to increase the pool for 8th graders. Doesn’t mean it’s reality

Comment

Funny that you are using an “independent group” aka a money making organization as your proof. My kid has been getting these for years. It’s in their best interest to increase the pool for 8th graders. Doesn’t mean it’s reality
                      Lol, agree completely. My kid has been getting ID camp invites all year and he’s in 8th grade. I’m not foolish enough to think he’s being recruited yet. We’re being mass marketed to in an attempt for the colleges to make bank.

Comment

Those who keep trying to make the case that D1 recruiting takes place later than age 14/15 are simply trying to justify why their 14/15 year old did not hear from any coaches.

It is true that the weaker the program, the later they recruit. A school like Stanford is unquestionably speaking to 14 and 15 year olds (or younger). If you have even the slightest doubt... don't believe me or some other idiot on TS and simply email Kennedy at Stanford, Fahey at Notre Dame (they both handle this area and are nice enough to respond to a stupid question) or any other coach at a top program.

Some podunk D1 school in Mississippi will get to students later. Why? Because the studs will already have met with the top schools and the podunk school has no chance with the studs. They have no urgency because the solid kid will still be available to them in a year or two.

It's simple math. Roughly 200 D1 soccer programs. Each looking to add about 10 kids/year (scholarship and non scholarship). The top 25 programs are battling to the death to find 250 of the best (non-pro) prospects. Kids that good are unquestionably on MULTIPLE radars well before age 14/15. Once those kids are contacted by multiple coaches, they are nearly impossible to attract to lesser schools... so they don't bother and they have no choice but to expand the target talent pool. Expanding the talent pool means you can recruit later because the pretty good 14/15 year olds may develop into a strong player. Strong enough for the podunk school but not good enough for a top program.

I love the dads who posted "i have been through this with my kid". There is no way to verify, but I guarantee their kids are at a weaker D1 school or a stronger D1 school that is academically/geographically undesirable.

Your opinions are cute and your individual experience with 1 or 2 kids is not representative of what is happening nationally.

Comment

Those who keep trying to make the case that D1 recruiting takes place later than age 14/15 are simply trying to justify why their 14/15 year old did not hear from any coaches.

It is true that the weaker the program, the later they recruit. A school like Stanford is unquestionably speaking to 14 and 15 year olds (or younger). If you have even the slightest doubt... don't believe me or some other idiot on TS and simply email Kennedy at Stanford, Fahey at Notre Dame (they both handle this area and are nice enough to respond to a stupid question) or any other coach at a top program.

Some podunk D1 school in Mississippi will get to students later. Why? Because the studs will already have met with the top schools and the podunk school has no chance with the studs. They have no urgency because the solid kid will still be available to them in a year or two.

It's simple math. Roughly 200 D1 soccer programs. Each looking to add about 10 kids/year (scholarship and non scholarship). The top 25 programs are battling to the death to find 250 of the best (non-pro) prospects. Kids that good are unquestionably on MULTIPLE radars well before age 14/15. Once those kids are contacted by multiple coaches, they are nearly impossible to attract to lesser schools... so they don't bother and they have no choice but to expand the target talent pool. Expanding the talent pool means you can recruit later because the pretty good 14/15 year olds may develop into a strong player. Strong enough for the podunk school but not good enough for a top program.

I love the dads who posted "i have been through this with my kid". There is no way to verify, but I guarantee their kids are at a weaker D1 school or a stronger D1 school that is academically/geographically undesirable.

Your opinions are cute and your individual experience with 1 or 2 kids is not representative of what is happening nationally.
                          Stanford is two time national champion of course they have kids early on the radar IF they can qualify academically...

Comment

Stanford is two time national champion of course they have kids early on the radar IF they can qualify academically...
                            Actually 3 years in a row for Stanford.

Comment

Actually 3 years in a row for Stanford.
                              While Stanford may be on the extreme end... the poster is generally correct. Top D1 talent is identified by age 14.

Bringing this back to BS. It makes it all the more crazy when MK tries to convince academy parents of the pro/D1 dream. Any parent of a uLittle with legit pro/D1 talent should know by age 14. Therefore paying $4k to be in MK's DA club if you've not already been in contact with pro/D1 coaches is just a waste of money (or delusional thinking).

Perfect example is TS. He was a BS kid for a while, but by the time he was 12 or 13, he was on NYCFC, playing for US U15, and speaking to colleges. I don't know exactly when he committed to Stanford officially but most people knew he was going there when he was still a Sophmore.

Comment

While Stanford may be on the extreme end... the poster is generally correct. Top D1 talent is identified by age 14.

Bringing this back to BS. It makes it all the more crazy when MK tries to convince academy parents of the pro/D1 dream. Any parent of a uLittle with legit pro/D1 talent should know by age 14. Therefore paying $4k to be in MK's DA club if you've not already been in contact with pro/D1 coaches is just a waste of money (or delusional thinking).

Perfect example is TS. He was a BS kid for a while, but by the time he was 12 or 13, he was on NYCFC, playing for US U15, and speaking to colleges. I don't know exactly when he committed to Stanford officially but most people knew he was going there when he was still a Sophmore.
                                And there will be a kid like that in CT once every 3- 5 years. One.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X