X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crossfire Premier 3, FC 0

So... the final standings of all Oregon DA clubs, plus Timbers Academy, are as follows:

1) Capital FC Timbers. 2-1-1 (7 points), 13GF, 6GA, +7GD.
    2) Westside Timbers. 1-2-1 (5 points), 4GF, 5GA, -1 GD.
    3) United PDX finishes 1-1-2 (4 points), 2GF, 7GA, -5GD
    4) Washington Timbers finish 0-2-2 (2 points), 2GF, 7GA, -5GD.
    5) Timbers Academy finishes 0-2-2 (2 points), 1GF, 8GA, -7GD.
    6) Crossfire Oregon finishes 0-1-3 (1 point), 3GF, 11GA, -8GD
    7) FC Portland Academy finishes 0-0-4 (0 points) 2GF, 13GA, -11GD.
    Impressive Oregon.

4 wins out of 28 games. Let's devote an entire thread to the 05 age group.

Comment

So, sounds like things didn't go as bad as predicted? I will not pretend to know the California clubs, but I am curious if there is a site that ranks teams? Not Got Soccer, as I know their rankings are based on tournaments that utoze Got Soccer. I would like to see the competition and how they are ranked. I assume TA had the toughest schedule, being the Top and best DA in Oregon. After that, how were schedules made? Thanks.
      Ass...ume nothing. TA isn’t the “Top” or “best” anything, TA didn’t have the toughest schedule and TA only scored one, 1!!, goal.

To answer your question though:

LAFC - first or second best team in Western US (San Diego surf being the other). Won Concacaf tourney. TA lost 4-0, XFire 4-1 to LAFC.
      Real Salt Lake - a very good team, probably top 5 at tourney, but not same caliber as LAFC or Surf. Got boat raced by Surf at Surf Cup.
      Arsenal - upper third of the pack San Diego team. Good, not great.
      Ballistic United - upper third of the pack NoCal team. TA tied1-1, Westside tied 1-1.

Facts don’t lie. “TA” is just another “little DA”, pretending to be something they simply aren’t. I really wish they were more, but they aren’t yet.

Comment

Ass...ume nothing. TA isn’t the “Top” or “best” anything, TA didn’t have the toughest schedule and TA only scored one, 1!!, goal.

To answer your question though:

LAFC - first or second best team in Western US (San Diego surf being the other). Won Concacaf tourney. TA lost 4-0, XFire 4-1 to LAFC.
        Real Salt Lake - a very good team, probably top 5 at tourney, but not same caliber as LAFC or Surf. Got boat raced by Surf at Surf Cup.
        Arsenal - upper third of the pack San Diego team. Good, not great.
        Ballistic United - upper third of the pack NoCal team. TA tied1-1, Westside tied 1-1.

Facts don’t lie. “TA” is just another “little DA”, pretending to be something they simply aren’t. I really wish they were more, but they aren’t yet.
        So then...Westside had the toughest schedule? Wow, Westside must be better than I thought/heard? Again though, how were schedules determined? What happened to Crossfire? I thought they were better than that?

Comment

So then...Westside had the toughest schedule? Wow, Westside must be better than I thought/heard? Again though, how were schedules determined? What happened to Crossfire? I thought they were better than that?
          That was TA's schedule.

Westside played Ballistic (1-1 tie), Albion (1-1 tie), Placer (1-0 victory), and LAGSD (3-1 loss). The tie with Albion and the victory over Placer were probably more impressive results. But Westside did well.

Tying Ballistic was a major letdown for TA, on the other hand; this is a team that TA should have beaten handily. Losing to LAFC and RSL is understandable; both MLS clubs have better-run academies than the Timbers, so those are expected results. Don't know about Arsenal FC (I assume this is the SoCal youth club), but this https://youthsoccerrankings.us/ranki...gion4/14/Boys/ has it a bit further down the table.

Crossfire had a very rough schedule--LAFC, again, is one of the top teams in the country, and Total Futbol Academy is also way up there. A tie against LAUFA was a good result for Crossfire. De Anza Force isn't as strong in the 05s as in other years. Crossfire actually didn't do badly, despite only claiming one point.

Comment

Golden Boot Race

Miguel Lopez 8 Westside
            Aidan Brouddus 6 Crossfire
            Antuan Peterson 6 FCP
            Gavin Ripley 5 Crossfire
            Muhammed Sanneh 5 WashT
            Hector Martinez Morales 4 Westside
            Richard Anderson 4 Crossfire
            Angel Jareth Solis 4 Capital
            Andrew Zohner 4 Capital
            Zac Levin 3 Crossfire
            Kenechi Nnoli 3 Westside
            Drew Pederson 3 Crossfire
            Jonathan Gaspar Perez 3 UPDX
            Brandon Martinez Ventura 3 Capital
            Ryan Sanchez 3 FCP
            Tristan Olvera 3 Capital
            Maximus Yermachenkov 3 Capital
            Lucas Witthauer 2 WashT
            Aldair Barocio 2 Capital
            Ian Kenyon 2 UPDX
            Axel De La Torre 2 UPDX
            Nathan Olszewski 2 UPDX
            Henry Dennis Nahl 2 Westside
            Samuel Dreyer 2 Capital
            Alexander Harris 2 WashT
            David Arbuto Martinez 1 Westside
            Brian Johnson 1 Westside
            Farzaan Wadiwalla 1 FCP
            Carter Gorczyca 1 WashT
            Alexander Chen 1 UPDX
            Riley Beillard 1 Crossfire
            Owen Swartout 1 Crossfire
            Ryan Sliva 1 FCP
            Ethan Voves 1 WashT
            Taka Nakano 1 FCP
            Devin Nies 1 WashT
            Austin Gienger 1 Capital
            Andrew Kuculyn 1 FCP
            Quincy Lea 1 UPDX
            Jonathan Malkiel 1 UPDX
            Axel Medina Madrigal 1 Westside

Comment

That was TA's schedule.

Westside played Ballistic (1-1 tie), Albion (1-1 tie), Placer (1-0 victory), and LAGSD (3-1 loss). The tie with Albion and the victory over Placer were probably more impressive results. But Westside did well.

Tying Ballistic was a major letdown for TA, on the other hand; this is a team that TA should have beaten handily. Losing to LAFC and RSL is understandable; both MLS clubs have better-run academies than the Timbers, so those are expected results. Don't know about Arsenal FC (I assume this is the SoCal youth club), but this https://youthsoccerrankings.us/ranki...gion4/14/Boys/ has it a bit further down the table.

Crossfire had a very rough schedule--LAFC, again, is one of the top teams in the country, and Total Futbol Academy is also way up there. A tie against LAUFA was a good result for Crossfire. De Anza Force isn't as strong in the 05s as in other years. Crossfire actually didn't do badly, despite only claiming one point.
              IMHO, I would say that based on the eyeball test that xfire had the toughest schedule, then TA, then westside. I would rank all four of xfires opponents and 3 of four (with one common) of TA’s over the teams westside played (and I am not from any of the 3 clubs FYI) I also will not come on here and anoint xfire Or westside better than TA based on how they played common opponents. TA would win an overwhelming majority of head to head games if they played either and are a much deeper and talented bunch. TA fell pray to the athletic side of the whole “athletic vs technical” debate and xfire fell to the technical ability side vs lafc. For those TA honks that constantly say athletic does not matter do you want to rethink that? Our market does not expose the issue, but seeing kids deemed to be 13 (some questionable) having the equivalent skill but are 3-6 inches taller and 20-40 pounds heavier and 3-4 steps quicker is the difference. No more telling anyone that the athletic part of the equation does not matter...

Comment

For those TA honks that constantly say athletic does not matter do you want to rethink that? Our market does not expose the issue, but seeing kids deemed to be 13 (some questionable) having the equivalent skill but are 3-6 inches taller and 20-40 pounds heavier and 3-4 steps quicker is the difference. No more telling anyone that the athletic part of the equation does not matter...
                LOL. The debate over athleticism isn't about youth soccer results: it's about developing good adult soccer players.

You can select and/or give minutes/resources on the basis of athleticism at u14, and your results at the youth level will surely be improved...but you'll end up looking like an idiot when those kids are 18.

If anything, teams in Oregon interested in development need to put MORE of their eggs into technical players. When you have a small population, you can't afford to be producing athletes that aren't good enough soccer players. Like Croatia learned, better to put your eggs into technical baskets and hope a few of those grow up to be big lads.

Any kid relying on speed and strength at 13 is going to be trash at 18, and that goes for lafc players, xfire players, and ta players.

Comment

LOL. The debate over athleticism isn't about youth soccer results: it's about developing good adult soccer players.

You can select and/or give minutes/resources on the basis of athleticism at u14, and your results at the youth level will surely be improved...but you'll end up looking like an idiot when those kids are 18.

If anything, teams in Oregon interested in development need to put MORE of their eggs into technical players. When you have a small population, you can't afford to be producing athletes that aren't good enough soccer players. Like Croatia learned, better to put your eggs into technical baskets and hope a few of those grow up to be big lads.

Any kid relying on speed and strength at 13 is going to be trash at 18, and that goes for lafc players, xfire players, and ta players.
                  I agree with this!

Comment

You completely missed the point as usual- LAFC players were just as technically sound and way more athletic than TA which is why they beat them 4-0 whereas xfire matched LAFC on the physical side for the most part but got picked apart technically and beat them 4-1. Both Oregon baskets have flaws...

Comment

Are you ready for some futsal?

OYSA Winter 1 league starts this weekend, and many 05 DA and Premier teams are going to be involved:

In the 04 Premier divisions (there are two of them, I think of roughly equal strength), many 05 DA teams are to be found: FC, WashT, Westside, and UPDX all have teams competing here. (One other 05 team, "raintown", is also at this level--they might be from Seattle).

The actual 05 division has a lot of 05 OYSA teams, and 06 DA teams.

Don't see any TA teams participating, though....

Comment

I agree with this!
                        Results for TA don’t say it’s working out so far....

Comment

You completely missed the point as usual- LAFC players were just as technically sound and way more athletic than TA which is why they beat them 4-0 whereas xfire matched LAFC on the physical side for the most part but got picked apart technically and beat them 4-1. Both Oregon baskets have flaws...
                          Kids that are both technically sound and great athletes are pearls of great price. Plenty in SoCal; but not so many in Portland.

And assuming a reasonable definition of "great athlete" (i.e. you don't have to be built like LeBron, but you have to have natural abilities that are well above the average athletic population, let alone the general population), it's the kids who have both who are most likely to make it.

Comment

So your thesis here is that if you concentrate the best players from LA into 2-3 teams, they're going to be - on average - more talented and more athletic than Oregon teams.

Where do we send the Nobel prize?

Portland isn't LA, so Portland better innovate. Right now it looks like those in a position to do anything are just putting it in neutral.

Comment

So your thesis here is that if you concentrate the best players from LA into 2-3 teams, they're going to be - on average - more talented and more athletic than Oregon teams.

Portland isn't LA, so Portland better innovate. Right now it looks like those in a position to do anything are just putting it in neutral.
                              No d1ck that is not what I am saying. The pure fact that you there tells me you are just on here to create controversy. You can smear lipstick patch on an unathletic pig who can juggle and weave between cones until the cows comee home but it’s still a slow dirty pig. Yes TA you are the metaphorical pig being referred too...,

Comment

Send the Nobel prize to the TA for the stellar job they are doing both selecting and developing the next wave of first team talent

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X