Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The is fact that most USMNT & USWMT in the younger ages are dominated by the state of CA and other states. Rarely do you see a FL player on those rosters. So why is that? and yes the PC 12 doesn't play the level of football as the SEC & Big Ten.
    Again, that doesn't mean the Pac-12 isn't the best players and teams from the West Coast.

You do understand that being the best player or team in an area doesn't mean you are the greatest player or team in the world right? Because that seems to be the distinction you can't make. California DA teams and players can be superior to Florida DA but Florida DA teams could still be better, or even FAR superior, to the other teams and competition in that state.

Hell, you can already see the drop in South Florida girls level of play now that so many of the top talent has been siphoned off by GDA. None of these remaining top teams except at the older end of the age groupings could probably stay on the field with a DA team for more than half a game. There's far less talent and players on the girls side of the game so the impact is really noticeable.

But again, it doesn't mean the top stars of South Florida can compete with the top stars of Greater Los Angeles. The two concepts are not synonymous.

Comment

How exactly does what happened prove that statement wrong? It is all relative. The highest level of competition in Florida might not be as high as it is in California or Texas.

For example, if I said that all the best players in the NBA were in the Western Conference does that suddenly mean that you can't say that those teams in the Eastern Conference are playing at the highest level of basketball? If almost all the top NFL draft choices and highly regarded players were from the SEC does that automatically mean that somehow the Pac-12, one of the Big 5 conferences, isn't the highest level of college football on the West Coast?

The amount of ridiculous statements and assumptions on this board is truly mind boggling.
      CA kids dominate at top D1 programs as well. Great clubs, obviously massive player pool.

Comment

Or

CA kids dominate at top D1 programs as well. Great clubs, obviously massive player pool.
        Just having a lot of players doesn't mean anything unless you can develop them. I'm thinking the majority of coaches are South American, not British.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
          released today , no one from weston or orlando?

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/club...training-camp/
          sunrise?????

Comment

Just having a lot of players doesn't mean anything unless you can develop them. I'm thinking the majority of coaches are South American, not British.
            Who cares if they're from Mars? They're getting it done it seems.

Comment

this roster is skewed, the girls picked were promoted by their coaches and looked at during the national camps, some coaches will not promote a girl if they dont interact or have a non friendly relationship with the parents, and of course they will promote their own kids.

the u14s haven't even participated in showcases.

US Soccer set up the GDA system to avoid these biases, it will work itself out and hopefully a Florida girl is good enough to get a shot.
              these girls were identified by their coaches, coaches notified ussoccer scouts, who in turn invited them to the various regional national camps, then they were watched during regular season GDA games.

showcases will open it up for the scouts but they will most likely be watching for particular girls, get your coach to start harassing their contacts....

Comment

this roster is skewed, the girls picked were promoted by their coaches and looked at during the national camps, some coaches will not promote a girl if they dont interact or have a non friendly relationship with the parents, and of course they will promote their own kids.

the u14s haven't even participated in showcases.

US Soccer set up the GDA system to avoid these biases, it will work itself out and hopefully a Florida girl is good enough to get a shot.
                If you'd had any experience with BDA you'd already know that USSf and NT invites and call ups are hardly free and clear of politics. Most of the time it's about the skill but definitely not always. GDA will be exactly the same

Comment

I thought the female triplet whonis the goalie for the ocys da had a shot
                  How about the forward for OC? Most goals in the country at u14. She played with my daughter a couple years ago and scored 4 or 5 against us early this year.

Comment

Regional and political biases are obviously involved. It's going to catch up with them. The u20s recently lost to....Haiti. It was poor soccer.

Comment

How about the forward for OC? Most goals in the country at u14. She played with my daughter a couple years ago and scored 4 or 5 against us early this year.
                      They are looking at her too and a couple on the 03 Pride team

Comment

U14s haven’t even had a showcase yet.... how is ussoccer analyzing them? Sounds like same old system as always

From what I understand scouts were at the Pride DA game in NC... I'm sure it's the same old crappy system for sure.. I don't give this political BS game any more credit than it deserves but from what I understand they were there, so guess they didn't see anything they needed at this point.

Comment

From what I understand scouts were at the Pride DA game in NC... I'm sure it's the same old crappy system for sure.. I don't give this political BS game any more credit than it deserves but from what I understand they were there, so guess they didn't see anything they needed at this point.
                          Roster was set before that. Emails had already gone out a couple days before.

Comment

Roster was set before that. Emails had already gone out a couple days before.
                            Guess they were just confirming their decisions.

Comment

Guess they were just confirming their decisions.
                              Guess so. The initial roster is not the only girls that will be called in this cycle. There is another camp in another month or two and they will bring in at least a handful of new girls. Some will be dropped and some more will be called in to look at.

Comment

Guess so. The initial roster is not the only girls that will be called in this cycle. There is another camp in another month or two and they will bring in at least a handful of new girls. Some will be dropped and some more will be called in to look at.
                                They are 13 year old girls , lol , lots of changes !!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X