Why your child isn't playing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rule number 1. Don't get on a team where the coach has a kid on the team, a relatives kid, a friends kid, or his kids neighborhood friends. Find the most unbiased coach possible. Favoritism stinks especially at U10 and U11.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Rule number 1. Don't get on a team where the coach has a kid on the team, a relatives kid, a friends kid, or his kids neighborhood friends. Find the most unbiased coach possible. Favoritism stinks especially at U10 and U11.
      It gets much worse as they get older! At U10 and U11 its still kind of fun….at U16 its stinks to have child of coach playing; most are having a struggle enough, and then the struggle comes out on the pitch. Stay clear of, "Daddy coaches," and any type of Daddy involvement in club soccer!!

Comment

Id that true for mommy coaches or mommy that is somehow playing interst in the team somehow or way ?

Comment

So your kid must have that impressive slide tackle down pat. Love when she slides and knocks the ball away from a striker headed to goal, only for it to be pushed back into the possession of the opposing teams center mid and they move right past her, because she is still on the ground from the slide tackle. Slide tackles are so impressive :)
          The one thing that is worse than a parent bragging about their kid is the one who talks bad about other kids. You are both. Way to go.

Comment

Let's put it this way ....... There will always be a kid at every position better then your kid or my kid always there out there ...... It is true for parents also .......

Comment

Let's put it this way ....... There will always be a kid at every position better then your kid or my kid always there out there ...... It is true for parents also .......
              Your "there", "they're", and "then" and "than's" are all f'ed up in your post my friend. I have no clue what you are trying to say, but you proved your own point as most parents are smarter than you!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                your "there", "they're", and "then" and "than's" are all f'ed up in your post my friend. I have no clue what you are trying to say, but you proved your own point as most parents are smarter than you!
                lol!!!

Comment

As parents we have more important things to do than to educate ourselves on soccer. Sorry pal but wth can't you just let your kid play without being that over involved know-it-all parent? The over involved parent is the biggest issue in youth sports.
                  read from the begining and try again.

Comment

Some coaches like the boot and scoot and some like possession, my kid is a good possession player and in the end most colleges look for this. Unforunately the club coach seems clueless and looks for the big girl with the big boot, despite the fact that the ball ends up in the possession of the opposing team.
                    Have you ever watched college soccer? All they play is the boot and scoot. I suggest if your kid is a good possession player they have no chance of playing good college soccer.

To play college soccer your kid should learn the boot and scoot, how to tackle hard, run fast, be in good shape and be aggressive. They could then play for any top college team.

Possesion and college soccer do not go together.

Comment

Have you ever watched college soccer? All they play is the boot and scoot. I suggest if your kid is a good possession player they have no chance of playing good college soccer.

To play college soccer your kid should learn the boot and scoot, how to tackle hard, run fast, be in good shape and be aggressive. They could then play for any top college team.

So true it hurts all that money I have put in my kid to learn possesion soccer and it might be a waist ..... The point clear unless your kid goes to a college that has 9 starting players at least that can play possesion soccer your kid is screwed !

Comment

So true it hurts all that money I have put in my kid to learn possesion soccer and it might be a waist ..... The point clear unless your kid goes to a college that has 9 starting players at least that can play possesion soccer your kid is screwed !
                        The best style of soccer most kids will ever play with be with their ECNL or DA teams. They learn to play great with the club, get a college scholarship and then go back to REC style soccer.

At least school is cheaper...

Comment

You are so wrong. Watch the girls at UF, not much boot and scoot. Winning teams play possession.

Comment

read from the begining and try again.
                            I guess you have nothing better to do. So feel free to waste your own time.

Comment

You are so wrong. Watch the girls at UF, not much boot and scoot. Winning teams play possession.
                              The eyes don't lie. Catch any FSU v UNC last night. Terrible, Terrible display of soccer. Bunch of launching the ball, hard tackles, bad passes, sloppy running around with no purpose and physical beatings.

No soccer skill from either team supposed to be the best some the best in the Country for Women.

Comment

Hey...it's the d_o_u_c_h_e_bag!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X