•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why your child isn't playing...

Cause maybe they aren't good enough?

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/o..._month_or.html

Maybe because another kids' mommy & daddy donate to the club! I see a lot of this. Sometimes because coach/ dad too interested in promoting their own child.

Comment

7 questions to ask yourself when you are tempted to intervene

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Cause maybe they aren't good enough?

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/o..._month_or.html
      http://annejosephson.wordpress.com/2...-to-intervene/

Comment

If a kid isn't playing it is often because they are not at the same level as the other players on the team. Everyone plays a part in that. Is the kid working as hard as he can to keep up with his teammates? Did the club place him on the right team and are they doing enough to develop all players? Are the parents putting him in the right environment for him to be successful or did they push to have him on a higher level team.

No kid should pay to play and end up sitting out. He should be placed on the right team that balances his abilities and commitment so that he can feel successful. But it takes all parties to be honest in the assessment.

I am so tired of hearing parents complain about play time when they are the ones who pushed for their kid to be on the team or their kid doesn't have a good work ethic. I am so tired of coaches who pick their favorites and base playtime on that..and sometimes it is the best players who are the favorites and other times it is not. Despite the fact that it is a team, that team is often influenced by tge selfish individual motives of parents, players and coaches.

Comment

If your kid isn'tplaying then take them to one of the weaker clubs like PCU or Celtic, everyone plays on those teams because they lack talent.

Comment

Maybe because another kids' mommy & daddy donate to the club! I see a lot of this. Sometimes because coach/ dad too interested in promoting their own child.
            if your kid is really good this won't matter in the long run. concentrate on your kid not anybody else:(

Comment

This season my 14 g joined a new team. We knew her skills were better than most on the team. First 6 games she never started but would get subbed in and get a good amount of time. I asked her if she should talk to coach about starting. She said no because she wanted to earn her spot through performance. Her strategy worked she starts and rarely gets subbed out. This is just an honest answer.... Your kid will need to perform better than others to stay on the field.

Comment

This season my 14 g joined a new team. We knew her skills were better than most on the team. First 6 games she never started but would get subbed in and get a good amount of time. I asked her if she should talk to coach about starting. She said no because she wanted to earn her spot through performance. Her strategy worked she starts and rarely gets subbed out. This is just an honest answer.... Your kid will need to perform better than others to stay on the field.
                the problem is; many parents believe their kid is performing well when in reality; they are not. As parents we must educate ourselves on what good soccer is and the rest will fall in place.

Comment

This is such a BS discussion. Some coaches play to win and never sub anyone others play to develop and let everyone play. If your child is not playing leave the team the coach is not interested in developing. Our team everyone plays and that is why we are good because while teams go to the bench our subs are as good as starters and we beat them

Comment

This is such a BS discussion. Some coaches play to win and never sub anyone others play to develop and let everyone play. If your child is not playing leave the team the coach is not interested in developing. Our team everyone plays and that is why we are good because while teams go to the bench our subs are as good as starters and we beat them
                    keep smoking that stuff......you have to have talent to develop...you should just play with all 18 at the same time in the cumbaya league!!

Comment

the problem is; many parents believe their kid is performing well when in reality; they are not. As parents we must educate ourselves on what good soccer is and the rest will fall in place.
                      Some coaches like the boot and scoot and some like possession, my kid is a good possession player and in the end most colleges look for this. Unforunately the club coach seems clueless and looks for the big girl with the big boot, despite the fact that the ball ends up in the possession of the opposing team.

Comment

As parents we have more important things to do than to educate ourselves on soccer. Sorry pal but wth can't you just let your kid play without being that over involved know-it-all parent? The over involved parent is the biggest issue in youth sports.

Comment

Some coaches like the boot and scoot and some like possession, my kid is a good possession player and in the end most colleges look for this. Unforunately the club coach seems clueless and looks for the big girl with the big boot, despite the fact that the ball ends up in the possession of the opposing team.
                          Seriously dude? Nobody wants to hear some parent blah blah blah bragging about their kid. Don't you have any friends you can share with or are they already sick of it?

Comment

If a kid isn't playing it is often because they are not at the same level as the other players on the team. Everyone plays a part in that. Is the kid working as hard as he can to keep up with his teammates? Did the club place him on the right team and are they doing enough to develop all players? Are the parents putting him in the right environment for him to be successful or did they push to have him on a higher level team.

No kid should pay to play and end up sitting out. He should be placed on the right team that balances his abilities and commitment so that he can feel successful. But it takes all parties to be honest in the assessment.

I am so tired of hearing parents complain about play time when they are the ones who pushed for their kid to be on the team or their kid doesn't have a good work ethic. I am so tired of coaches who pick their favorites and base playtime on that..and sometimes it is the best players who are the favorites and other times it is not. Despite the fact that it is a team, that team is often influenced by tge selfish individual motives of parents, players and coaches.
                            Agree there are a number of reasons why a kid sits out. Ultimately a parent, assuming the kid is young, needs to help him find the right fit so that he can enjoy the game. There is no point to playing if you don't play.

Comment

Seriously dude? Nobody wants to hear some parent blah blah blah bragging about their kid. Don't you have any friends you can share with or are they already sick of it?
                              So your kid must have that impressive slide tackle down pat. Love when she slides and knocks the ball away from a striker headed to goal, only for it to be pushed back into the possession of the opposing teams center mid and they move right past her, because she is still on the ground from the slide tackle. Slide tackles are so impressive :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X