Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should FYSA consider SAT Test Dates when scheduling State Cup

In conjunction with the other thread, let's have a poll to see how the majority of people on this site feel. The other thread has had many participants.

My opinion is, of course FYSA should consider SAT Test Dates and try to work around them. As it stands now, State Cup Round 1 and the State Cup Round of 16 conflict with two test dates that are encouraged for High School Juniors to take.
    Yes, FYSA should try to schedule around SAT Test Dates
    48.72%
    No, serious soccer players should be able to schedule SAT testing around State Cup
    51.28%

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In conjunction with the other thread, let's have a poll to see how the majority of people on this site feel. The other thread has had many participants.

My opinion is, of course FYSA should consider SAT Test Dates and try to work around them. As it stands now, State Cup Round 1 and the State Cup Round of 16 conflict with two test dates that are encouraged for High School Juniors to take.
    No, serious soccer players should be able to schedule SAT testing around State Cup

Comment

How about 6pm games on Sat or Sunday games?

Comment

Serious soccer players at the age that SAT testing is a concern are signed and playing in an academy linked to a pro club or playing pro already.

Comment

Serious soccer players at the age that SAT testing is a concern are signed and playing in an academy linked to a pro club or playing pro already.
          get your head out of your butt! Not every talented player has access to academy or pro opportunities. These players are looking to play in college, so the SAT is important to them.

Comment

Another example of what is wrong with youth sports. Serious students sometimes need to take the SAT multiple times and if that time frame is what works, that is when they should take it. I also have a hard time drawing the line between serious soccer players and State Cup. I think it is more about serious soccer parents and State Cup. The tournament should not schedule games for the affected age group at that time.

Comment

Another example of what is wrong with youth sports. Serious students sometimes need to take the SAT multiple times and if that time frame is what works, that is when they should take it. I also have a hard time drawing the line between serious soccer players and State Cup. I think it is more about serious soccer parents and State Cup. The tournament should not schedule games for the affected age group at that time.
              Agree!

Comment

Veruca Salt is back! I WANT THAT GOLDEN GOOSE DADDY! NOW!! NOW!!! NOW!!!

You said "consider" maybe they did consider it. What you should have said was "FYSA should not schedule state cup matches on SAT testing days." Funny how you think if they had considered it they would have made the obvious choice, the one that agrees with your biased view.

Comment

get your head out of your butt! Not every talented player has access to academy or pro opportunities. These players are looking to play in college, so the SAT is important to them.
                  It was a sarcastic post, please sign yourself up for the SAT as well

Comment

Veruca Salt is back! I WANT THAT GOLDEN GOOSE DADDY! NOW!! NOW!!! NOW!!!

You said "consider" maybe they did consider it. What you should have said was "FYSA should not schedule state cup matches on SAT testing days." Funny how you think if they had considered it they would have made the obvious choice, the one that agrees with your biased view.
                    If they considered it, they wouldn't have scheduled State Cup on BOTH of the test dates available from March through May.

If this poll is correct, 40% of the people saying FYSA should consider SAT Test dates is enough for me to say State Cup should be scheduled around SAT.

My son has a 100% chance of going to college but only a 20% chance of playing college soccer.

Comment

While I agree they should consider the SAT dates, it is a big animal to mange. Overall the kids have to do what is most important for them. They should be prepared and not be so dependent on taking another test over and over. I think they need to stop this one game a day crap as well. This make for 2 extra weekends with added hotel & travel costs, but I'm sure more money for FYSA with the select hotels agreements.

Comment

If they considered it, they wouldn't have scheduled State Cup on BOTH of the test dates available from March through May.

If this poll is correct, 40% of the people saying FYSA should consider SAT Test dates is enough for me to say State Cup should be scheduled around SAT.

My son has a 100% chance of going to college but only a 20% chance of playing college soccer.
                        The last line above says it all and your choice should be clear!

Comment

Only 33 votes on this topic -- shows you how few people are actually on Talking Soccer. Beware of the loud minority.

Comment

20% change of playing college soccer? Yeah, you are nuts.

Comment

20% change of playing college soccer? Yeah, you are nuts.
                              No Sir, you are nuts, as this poster is right on! You have been sold the golden goose! Please go up a bit, and look at players and families before your time! Where are these players?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X