Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What coach lets his team score 21 goals in a game?.
    to make a statement......get ready for the new sheriff in town!

Comment

What coach lets his team score 21 goals in a game? Real class right there.
      I agree/disagree. Yes if two teams are mismatched it is an embarrassment and no one is learning anything from the game, but what is the magic cut off point? 2 goals? 5? 10?

In boxing, do you stop fighting because you knocked your opponent down three times?

In NFL we see teams coming back from a 20+ point deficit. Should the other team let them catch up before they start playing again?

Comment

I agree/disagree. Yes if two teams are mismatched it is an embarrassment and no one is learning anything from the game, but what is the magic cut off point? 2 goals? 5? 10?

In boxing, do you stop fighting because you knocked your opponent down three times?

In NFL we see teams coming back from a 20+ point deficit. Should the other team let them catch up before they start playing again?
        You're joking right? Yes, if you knock your opponent down 3 times in a round, it is deemed a knockout and the fight is stopped. You do realize that goals in soccer are 1 point, so making up a 20 point deficit in soccer is considerably more difficult than in football points can be racked up very quickly (3, 6 +1). In any NFL game, the talent spread between even the best and worst teams is not all that great compared to unevenly matched YOUTH soccer teams. You are comparing apples and skyscrapers, not even remotely similar that is.

Comment

21-0 isn't a mismatch or an embarrassment? I would imagine that it was pretty clear early in the game that it was a complete mismatch. At that time its up to the coach to pull his players aside and tell them that enough is enough.These are 11 y/o kids, not professional athletes. Why were they playing in the silver division to begin with? Can't handle the better competition in the gold division?

Comment

You are a joke, this is YOUTH soccer. There is NEVER a situation where a team in a soccer match should win 21-0. A real coach would pull back his team, have them work on pocession, passing, etc. This is another example of Boynton and their bubble they live in, big fish in a little pond, always play down to win those trophies and tell everyone how great they are. Pick any legit club in the area, the DOC would never allow this.

Comment

You are a joke, this is YOUTH soccer. There is NEVER a situation where a team in a soccer match should win 21-0. A real coach would pull back his team, have them work on pocession, passing, etc. This is another example of Boynton and their bubble they live in, big fish in a little pond, always play down to win those trophies and tell everyone how great they are. Pick any legit club in the area, the DOC would never allow this.
              Shall I give you examples of where other teams have done this to Boynton teams????? I have seen where other clubs have beaten a Boynton team by more then double digits and showed no mercy. So only Boynton are guilty of this kind of play? Come on, according to everyone on the board Boynton is a glorified rec team, but here you are saying they are the powerhouse of soccer in the area. Make up your mind.

In my son's team the coach did exactly this earlier this year, we were beating the other team by a large margin and he pulled his major players out after the first quarter and told the rest to stop scoring and work on passing. So stop making general statements about the whole club.

Comment

21-0 isn't a mismatch or an embarrassment? I would imagine that it was pretty clear early in the game that it was a complete mismatch. At that time its up to the coach to pull his players aside and tell them that enough is enough.These are 11 y/o kids, not professional athletes. Why were they playing in the silver division to begin with? Can't handle the better competition in the gold division?
                You might have missed my second sentence. I was agreeing that it is an embarrassment, work on your reading and comprehension skills.

Comment

I just took a look at the West Pines tournament, the U12 team played in the highest bracket (Premier Black). Mmmmm, what was that again about playing down to win trophies?

Comment

I just took a look at the West Pines tournament, the U12 team played in the highest bracket (Premier Black). Mmmmm, what was that again about playing down to win trophies?
                    No, that is a team playing in the division/skill level they should be playing in, not playing down to beat a team 21-0

Comment

Shall I give you examples of where other teams have done this to Boynton teams????? I have seen where other clubs have beaten a Boynton team by more then double digits and showed no mercy. So only Boynton are guilty of this kind of play? Come on, according to everyone on the board Boynton is a glorified rec team, but here you are saying they are the powerhouse of soccer in the area. Make up your mind.

In my son's team the coach did exactly this earlier this year, we were beating the other team by a large margin and he pulled his major players out after the first quarter and told the rest to stop scoring and work on passing. So stop making general statements about the whole club.
                      Haha…powerhouse of soccer in the area, I didn't see anyone on this board other than the disillusioned boynton parents thinking that much less saying it out loud…21-0 is a ridiculous score and for anyone from boynton to not be nothing but embarrassed by this is doing nothing but showing everyone again why this club is a joke and will always be nothing but a place for better players to get a start before they leave for another club or for rec players to have a nice place to play soccer

Comment

Haha…powerhouse of soccer in the area, I didn't see anyone on this board other than the disillusioned boynton parents thinking that much less saying it out loud…21-0 is a ridiculous score and for anyone from boynton to not be nothing but embarrassed by this is doing nothing but showing everyone again why this club is a joke and will always be nothing but a place for better players to get a start before they leave for another club or for rec players to have a nice place to play soccer
                        Again, try to read what is said in stead of twisting things to suit your responses. Where did i say they are a powerhouse?

Or maybe the teams they were beating were playing in a too high a division?

Comment

Again, try to read what is said in stead of twisting things to suit your responses. Where did i say they are a powerhouse?

Or maybe the teams they were beating were playing in a too high a division?
                          3-0, 6-2, 10-1, 10-0, 21-0, 7-0, 2-1. No they were playing in the wrong division. The u-12 team from AC Delray thats playing up this season would have beat the crap out of them.

Comment

3-0, 6-2, 10-1, 10-0, 21-0, 7-0, 2-1. No they were playing in the wrong division. The u-12 team from AC Delray thats playing up this season would have beat the crap out of them.
                            OK, fair enough. They seem to strong for silver. Why is Jupiter Yellow playing silver? They gave a goal diff of 7-62, so its not only Boynton beating them.

What about Treasure coast in Bronze, they have a goal diff of 52-9, maybe they should move up to silver.

It is up to the league to place these teams competitively. The fact is in other competitions the Boynton team played in the highest division (and get beaten), so saying they play down to trophy hunt is false.

Unfortunately Delray has not played in other competitions so far this season, so we cannot compare.

Comment

OK, fair enough. They seem to strong for silver. Why is Jupiter Yellow playing silver? They gave a goal diff of 7-62, so its not only Boynton beating them.

What about Treasure coast in Bronze, they have a goal diff of 52-9, maybe they should move up to silver.

It is up to the league to place these teams competitively. The fact is in other competitions the Boynton team played in the highest division (and get beaten), so saying they play down to trophy hunt is false.

Unfortunately Delray has not played in other competitions so far this season, so we cannot compare.
                              The coach is the one that picks the division for tournaments and leagues, since he is the one that is solely responsible for player development. They look to be high div II, low div I. Take a look at the palm beach strikers record. They have been carefully managed and know how to pick the right tournaments to play div I and II. Here is the rule of thumb, go div I for smaller tournaments, div II for larger ones. West Pines and Weston are the two top tournaments in s fl, so do not do div I unless you want to be out in three games.

Comment

The coach is the one that picks the division for tournaments and leagues, since he is the one that is solely responsible for player development. They look to be high div II, low div I. Take a look at the palm beach strikers record. They have been carefully managed and know how to pick the right tournaments to play div I and II. Here is the rule of thumb, go div I for smaller tournaments, div II for larger ones. West Pines and Weston are the two top tournaments in s fl, so do not do div I unless you want to be out in three games.
                                http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=

Here is the record of the u12 RPB Strickers, ranked number 4 in the state. They lost 0-3 to AC Delray (u11) and also lost to Weston U11 Black last month, so they are not really the 4th strongest u12 team in Florida, just on paper. They are a solid team with a coach that understands they are not going to win any big tournaments div I. This coach is getting the most out of his players, and the kids are finding success. I would be very happy if my son had a coach like this that understood the teams level, and would allow them to compete where they still can find success.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X