Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odp,id2,pdp

How do Florida Players stack up against other states best?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How do Florida Players stack up against other states best?

Do they have a tournament of any kind to determine this?

Comment

ODP has a tourney in Alabama in July with 17 states attending.

Comment

yes, Disney showcase in Dec. the odp games in Alabama? my kid went through it. most underreported, unsupported event on earth.

Comment

ODP has a tourney in Alabama in July with 17 states attending.
          Correct but to take it a step farther, you will find the 4 Regions competing against each other over Thanksgiving week in an Inter regional event. After each region camp a player pool is formed from the best players at the region camp for example in our region the 17 states compete against each other and players are selected to represent the entire region in the Inter Regional event. This is highly regarded event in the Nation. http://regioniii.usyouthsoccer.org/s...nterregional_/

Comment

The same for the boys as well.

http://regioniii.usyouthsoccer.org/s...interregional/

Comment

To answer the original post also about how Fl. does against the states in our region on a player basis.

Boys - 90 players selected across 5 age groups to represent Region 3 at the Inter Regional event, 19 of them are from Fl. about 22%. Every state does not have to be represented.

http://regioniii.usyouthsoccer.org/O...BysLatestNews/

Girls - 80 players selected across 4 age groups to represent Region 3 at the Inter Regional event, 27 of them were from Fl. about 34%. Every state does not have a rep.

http://regioniii.usyouthsoccer.org/a...sters%20v2.pdf

Comment

To answer the original post also about how Fl. does against the states in our region on a player basis.

Boys - 90 players selected across 5 age groups to represent Region 3 at the Inter Regional event, 19 of them are from Fl. about 22%. Every state does not have to be represented.

Girls - 80 players selected across 4 age groups to represent Region 3 at the Inter Regional event, 27 of them were from Fl. about 34%. Every state does not have a rep.

There may be higher percentages from other state's I did not look at the other 16 representatives but these are non the less high percentages for Fl. players. Well done.

Comment

There may be higher percentages from other state's I did not look at the other 16 representatives but these are non the less high percentages for Fl. players. Well done.
                  Undoubtedly the next post will be from some know-it-all who's kid didn't make the cut at ODP and will now claim that the best players in other states do not participate in ODP. Wait for it.....

Comment

Undoubtedly the next post will be from some know-it-all who's kid didn't make the cut at ODP and will now claim that the best players in other states do not participate in ODP. Wait for it.....
                    Or the mom that calls in special favors to coaches she knows go get her daughter "looked at"

Comment

Or the mom that calls in special favors to coaches she knows go get her daughter "looked at"
                      There are NO favors at the region level, If your college coach is a Region coach, maybe but if your committed to one of the coaches schools your pretty good.

Comment

I think this is pretty solid for Florida to have these %'s considering 17 States at 90 boys is only 19% if each state had 1 representative. So we are above the average.

Comment

ODP vs ID2

My kid was selected for the ODP pool and for the ID2 pool. The ID2 form says you can't participate in ODP. ID2 is free. I don't think ODP is free. It seems ID2 being free is attracting the better talent. I am assuming ID2 is the way to go. Any thoughts?

Comment

My kid was selected for the ODP pool and for the ID2 pool. The ID2 form says you can't participate in ODP. ID2 is free. I don't think ODP is free. It seems ID2 being free is attracting the better talent. I am assuming ID2 is the way to go. Any thoughts?
                            Id2 is a 4-day camp, and for most kids a once in a lifetime event. It's free, they get all kinds of nice Nike gear, and eat, sleep, and play with the best from all over the country. All you have to do is get them there. If your kid gets invited by all means do not pass it up. I don't know what you mean by "Id2 pool". There's no "pool", you get invited to camp or you don't. I have never heard that you can't participate in both Id2 and ODP. My daughter has done both and it has never been an issue. Not saying you're wrong, maybe they've changed the rule this year, I don't know. I do know boys in DA cannot participate in PDP or Id2, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're talking about.

Comment

Id2 is a 4-day camp, and for most kids a once in a lifetime event. It's free, they get all kinds of nice Nike gear, and eat, sleep, and play with the best from all over the country. All you have to do is get them there. If your kid gets invited by all means do not pass it up. I don't know what you mean by "Id2 pool". There's no "pool", you get invited to camp or you don't. I have never heard that you can't participate in both Id2 and ODP. My daughter has done both and it has never been an issue. Not saying you're wrong, maybe they've changed the rule this year, I don't know. I do know boys in DA cannot participate in PDP or Id2, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're talking about.
                              The OP asked how players from Fl ranked against other states, so the post with the links may be the best answer to the OP .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X