Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Poaching? When is the line crossed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The poaching begins with guest players. Look at teams that have 18 players but go to a tournament with 5 guest players. You can bet your ass that next year they will most likely move to that team. Legal poaching...I guess:)
    No guest playing for DA but poaching and recruiting allowed all year in DA.

Comment

Oh shut up. There's nothing more irritating than a pseudo-intellectual lawyer wannabe. The scenario is known as "tortious interference" with a contract. Go look it up and quit pretending you know what you're talking about.
      Look, the rule is stupid. Why, because bad coaches are trying to protect good coaches from talking to their players. Pure and simple. If the bad coaches were really doing their job, they would worry about some idiotic poaching rule. You have the kids for the rest of the year, that should be good enough. Here's something, make the FYSA coaches better, rather than worry about poaching.

Comment

You are making an asumption, not fact. Experts witnesses can be brought into court arguing both points. Either way, it would put into question regarding the validity with regards to the following year. Once there is doubt in the judge's mind, the parent/player would effectively win the case, contingent that the discussions only were related to an uncontracted year. And combined with an expert witness, if you put a player and/or parent in the chair saying that they are committed through the entire contracted year, but only were discussing the following uncontracted year, the judge in all probability rule for the parent/player. Ultimately, the contract would need to provide some consideration towards the following year to be enforceable. Honestly, the only reason the rule still is in effect, is that no one has challenaged and gone to court based on those grounds.
        You are required to exhaust your FYSA administrative remedies before you proceed with any lawsuit and if those exhausted remedies have afforded any due process there is little chance a judge will make any attempt to second guess the result.

Comment

Now, imagine that another soccer program approached you and told you that they didn't think your child deserved to play Div2 last year with a certain soccer club even though they had a Div1 team in your age group, and they would "virtually assure" you that your child would get an 'Div1 placement' this year if they left and joined the their soccer program.

Would you take your child to the other soccer program?

Not likely.

What's the message to the child?

Comment

Now, imagine that another soccer program approached you and told you that they didn't think your child deserved to play Div2 last year with a certain soccer club even though they had a Div1 team in your age group, and they would "virtually assure" you that your child would get an 'Div1 placement' this year if they left and joined the their soccer program.

Not likely.

Coaches would never lie about something like that. Right? For years, I never cared about my daughter playing for some Div 2 team, because they would still play in one Div 1 league and a Div 2 league. She was asked to play on two Div 1 teams over the years, but we didn't want to pull the trigger. It got to the point that the coach and DOC in our own club actually made a point to move her to the Div 1 team. She plays there now, but the group is definately more cut throat with tons more pressure. She has a good time, but I miss the relaxed group of parents that I used to hang out with. And no, I don't trust outside coaches that make promises like that, because they come accross like used car salesmen.

Comment

No. We are soccer savvy enough to know that our child probably shouldn't play on a Division 1 team.

However, we would report the contact so our club could decide whether to report the violation of the FYSA poaching rules.

Comment

Not likely.

poaching is going on at every club in florida

Comment

Head Hunters

poaching is going on at every club in florida
                  Poaching is a life skill. Everyone would love to be offered a better job, more money, etc in the adult world. Those who say something is wrong with it and teaches the kids the wrong thing are just slaves to mindset of a slave.

Comment

Head hunters are poachers !

Comment

Poaching is a stupid rule that can rarely be enforced. It's meant to protect clubs, but who cares. The rule should be applied to the current year, so that teams don'y disappear half way through the season. Clubs can withhold Player Passes to enforce this. And if you are recruiting for the following year, it should be OK, because no one has been commited for the following year. Poaching is in place because of weak coaches and manipulative parents with significant influence at FYSA that want to keep their teams together.

If you're a good coach, you don't need to worry about losing players, they come to you over time. Bad coaches lose players, because they are inferior to the good coaches, or drive players away. Pure supply and demand. If you can buy an apple that is 20% bigger and just as good as another apple, people will get the larger apple (and even pay more for it). Show me a case where you FYSA levied a fine without an e-mail, video or voice recording. Heresay will never work, and you really need to be dumb to get caught with actual evidence. Just get rid of the rule.
                      very true statement good players always going to be poached. You have to do what's best for your child

Comment

If soccer were about the kids then this rule that you are stuck with a club for an entire year would not exist. I think if a kid is unhappy at a club, for any reason at all, should be able to leave at any time they want. I am paying them so I should be able to fire them and go somewhere else. Technically, I am not paying because my kid is on scholarship and plays for free, but that is beside point. The governing body here in FL does not take care of the kids it takes care of the clubs. A happy kid is not going to be poached so it is a stupid rule.

Comment

Can you poach a coach ? My thought is it is my kid not yours he or she is a minor so it's a stupid rule a judge would never take a case of poaching anyways.

Comment

Can you poach a coach ? My thought is it is my kid not yours he or she is a minor so it's a stupid rule a judge would never take a case of poaching anyways.

Please poach my coach…..I'll give you money (lol)!

Comment

Q: When is it acceptable to actively recruit another clubs player?

A: When you're wearing a Purple Shirt.
                              Haha haha love it!!! Go purple!!!

Comment

My child has been poached plenty of times it about what you feel is best for your child at the end of the day. What do you think if the Coach of your club doesn't have a better opportunity elsewhere he or she won't leave? Of course! They are doing what's best for them as you should for your kids. So if you ask me is poaching wrong I say no If you are happy with the club coach team etc poaching doesn't matter then.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X