Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow your hero ? I am sure all of our military would enjoy your opinion of a "hero".
    Easy big fella. Just a figure of speech. Stop being so uptight and angry. Not good for your health and blood pressure. Maybe you are jealous because your wife is a fat cow married to an angry little man. Dudes wife is a smoking babe. Gotta give him props for that. No job takes away the fact that he is going home to that every day and you are going home to you troll of a wife and life.

Comment

U r an idiot. Please tell me ur not a coach
      Not a coach, a Doc.

Comment

Not a coach, a Doc.
        Why did he resign and where will he go work now. That was his only job .

Comment

I heard it was a firing, but many here say he quit. In any case, with RB out of the picture, this is THE chance for WC and GTB to finally get together. Neither club will be competitive in the near future unless they get together, and the next goal should be getting absorbed / merged with a larger club. The way things are going, it will be TBU, WFF, and Chargers as the players in the TB market. Either join up or stay feeder clubs to them.

Comment

I heard it was a firing, but many here say he quit. In any case, with RB out of the picture, this is THE chance for WC and GTB to finally get together. Neither club will be competitive in the near future unless they get together, and the next goal should be getting absorbed / merged with a larger club. The way things are going, it will be TBU, WFF, and Chargers as the players in the TB market. Either join up or stay feeder clubs to them.
            I would be adamantly opposed to any GTB merger with TBU/Chargers/WFF/etc., but would be wildly supportive of a GTB/WC merger. That would be a great thing for everyone involved, and would likely preclude the need for either club to sell its soul to any of the "bigs" for the foreseeable future.

Comment

There are so many kids in the WCAA/GTB footprint, and so many houses being built, that a combined club would hold its own against any of the " Big 3 ". I would envision 3 teams at every age group, with the top team being very competitive.

Comment

The board will not pull the trigger on a merged club. Expect more of the same. Good rec program, talented kids leave for big3 clubs after that.

Status quo.

Comment

Why did he resign and where will he go work now. That was his only job .
                  Does anyone know what happened? Heard rumors he got into with one of the parents at the club who had a lot of say so. Multiple kids playing. Someone's gotta know what went down.he was at tournament last weekend with his girls team

Comment

I would be adamantly opposed to any GTB merger with TBU/Chargers/WFF/etc., but would be wildly supportive of a GTB/WC merger. That would be a great thing for everyone involved, and would likely preclude the need for either club to sell its soul to any of the "bigs" for the foreseeable future.
                    No one from Wesley Chapel is wanting a merger with GTBFC, especially if DR is going to run the show.

Comment

No one from Wesley Chapel is wanting a merger with GTBFC, especially if DR is going to run the show.
                      No one? Or no one on the board? As a parent, I'd love to see a merger. I've had discussions with lots of other parents (from both clubs) who feel the same way. Many of us don't have the time to take out kids south to the bigger clubs and have to settle for the yearly musical chairs between mediocre WCAA, LR and GTB teams.

Comment

No one? Or no one on the board? As a parent, I'd love to see a merger. I've had discussions with lots of other parents (from both clubs) who feel the same way. Many of us don't have the time to take out kids south to the bigger clubs and have to settle for the yearly musical chairs between mediocre WCAA, LR and GTB teams.
                        Agree! The only ones opposed to a merger are the ones whose gravy train would leave the station. As usual, it comes down to $$$, not the kids.

Comment

Does anyone know what happened? Heard rumors he got into with one of the parents at the club who had a lot of say so. Multiple kids playing. Someone's gotta know what went down.he was at tournament last weekend with his girls team
                          These are the facts: His filter was once again not in place and he said something inappropriate to one of his female players. The parent of this player and prominent soccer committee members went to RB and asked several reasonable things to rectify the situation including a verbal apology to the player and the parent. He got into it with said soccer committee member and resigned. He was not fired. There may have been additional stuff but this was the proverbial "straw that broke the camels back" for RB. Obviously there were other things brewing in his mind and he must have something else lined up as this was his living. No let's move on!!

Comment

Double agree. I have one kid at WC, one at GTB. I've had this discussion countless times with groups of parents at both clubs. In general, parents would like one club with better/more teams.

Comment

There are so many kids in the WCAA/GTB footprint, and so many houses being built, that a combined club would hold its own against any of the " Big 3 ". I would envision 3 teams at every age group, with the top team being very competitive.
                              How about 750 competitive players and over 60 teams to start?? Quality would not be there to begin with but it is a start. You don't have to combine both clubs; just have a common competitive tryout. Leave GTBFC as is; Leave WCSC/WCAA as is; form a third entitiy like: Pasco County Soccer Alliance (PCSA). The alliance pays a portion back to both home clubs for lights, paint, etc. This keeps WCAA and GTBFC happy w/ overhead, etc. This leaves rec where it is (which keeps WCAA happy as it is the cash cow). If it doesn't work. . . . . desolve the alliance. Cape Coral and South Florida Premier formed Island Coast Soccer Alliance back 5-6 years ago and instituted a similar model.

Comment

Who is FM?
                                Steely Dan favorite. "No static at all.''

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X