Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teamates Dating - When is it ok!

So, we have a u14 team where teammates are now not so openly dating. When is this a issue or is this something best left alone!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, we have a u14 team where teammates are now not so openly dating. When is this a issue or is this something best left alone!
    Well boys will be boys. In this day and age with same sex marriage being a hot issue I am certain your 14 year old boys dating each other may be a sensitive issue for some of your parents and players. Perhaps you organize a campfire night and sing Kumbaya and show support.

Comment

Hopefully its just an experimental stage.

Comment

Hopefully its just an experimental stage.
        Experimental? Really? Andrew Dice Clay said it correctly. Either you do, or you don't.

Comment

That is NASTY!!!!! EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Comment

Not an easy question. Not sure a coach can directly tackle this one but set the same expectations for all your players. When you are there for soccer, you are there for soccer. What players do on their personal time is really not the coach's business. If dating is coming into soccer time, then it should be addressed individually not as a team. Those are my first thoughts.

Comment

Well boys will be boys. In this day and age with same sex marriage being a hot issue I am certain your 14 year old boys dating each other may be a sensitive issue for some of your parents and players. Perhaps you organize a campfire night and sing Kumbaya and show support.
              Problem is the DOC at our club will certainly not be ok with this. And he controls everything at our club.

Comment

Time to find another team...

Comment

Are you crazy? That is really not something I have ever seen before out in the open on an athletic field with 13 year olds.

Comment

I would have to assume that it is a girls team. Couldn't see this happening on a boys team.

Comment

I would leave it alone unless a distraction to your kid on the team. If it is a distraction or a problem for you, then change teams.

Comment

I would leave it alone unless a distraction to your kid on the team. If it is a distraction or a problem for you, then change teams.
                        Our coach would kick them off the team!!!!!

Comment

I would have to assume that it is a girls team. Couldn't see this happening on a boys team.
                          True. Usually would see this at older ages.

Comment

Name of the club....South Beach chupahuevos

Comment

Name of the club....South Beach chupahuevos
                              Do they where purple?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X