Roger Thomas and SAT expanding program for U13-U15

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer is also a sport that doesn't really need many components. ... Secondly, soccer is a great game that requires massive skill. Unlike some sports, in soccer there is no room for flaws. ... SAT is committed to your child's development every aspect of our training is designed curriculum to enhance your child confidence and skill this is our choice to develop first games are used in training not used to teach winning only we educate the youth as development teaching ideas with positive coaching. Up to u13 this we feel is the key .

Comment

Club Soccer always tells parents we want our teams to keep the ball does not mean that you will turn up and look like Barcelona. A positive philosophy is a great thing to have, but you also need the players to apply it.

If clubs can get a left back or right back who can provide width going forward (to allow more freedom for the mid fielders) and a striker(s)who can hold the ball up, they can start thinking about employing a more attacking style of play. Until then, clubs may want to considering just putting themselves in the best possible position to win.

You need effective training with players that are using there minds and finding the angle needed to keep the ball in your terms. With SAT it is far more the propaganda it is a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Club Soccer always tells parents we want our teams to keep the ball does not mean that you will turn up and look like Barcelona. A positive philosophy is a great thing to have, but you also need the players to apply it.

If clubs can get a left back or right back who can provide width going forward (to allow more freedom for the mid fielders) and a striker(s)who can hold the ball up, they can start thinking about employing a more attacking style of play. Until then, clubs may want to considering just putting themselves in the best possible position to win.

You need effective training with players that are using there minds and finding the angle needed to keep the ball in your terms. With SAT it is far more the propaganda it is a way of life.
        Stop it!

Comment

Stop it!
          Say Please and sorry for putting down SAT then I will stop !

Comment

Say Please and sorry for putting down SAT then I will stop !
            I have been following this post for the pure entertainment value, but I would like to give my two cents.

There seems to be a lot of different people that don't like this guy. Luckily in America, people are free to voice there concerns, even anonymously. Some of the comments have been thoughtful, funny, and some plain out mean.

To the gentleman that owns this business and keeps posting, I would advise you to stop posting, since you are only feeding the flame. I understand you want to defend yourself, but a lot of your posts only solidify what many people say about you, and make you look mentally unstable.

This forum is for parents to talk, vent, and entertain. If you find yourself being talking about, do not try to defend yourself or prove how much you know. As hard as it might be, stay quiet and do not respond, and it will all go away shortly. The very fact that you keep posting strange random speeches only solidifies what everyone says about you.

If you let it go, and it will all go away.

Comment

I have been following this post for the pure entertainment value, but I would like to give my two cents.

There seems to be a lot of different people that don't like this guy. Luckily in America, people are free to voice there concerns, even anonymously. Some of the comments have been thoughtful, funny, and some plain out mean.

To the gentleman that owns this business and keeps posting, I would advise you to stop posting, since you are only feeding the flame. I understand you want to defend yourself, but a lot of your posts only solidify what many people say about you, and make you look mentally unstable.

This forum is for parents to talk, vent, and entertain. If you find yourself being talking about, do not try to defend yourself or prove how much you know. As hard as it might be, stay quiet and do not respond, and it will all go away shortly. The very fact that you keep posting strange random speeches only solidifies what everyone says about you.

I'm sorry I didn't see that the website says Parentstalkingsoccer.com oh yeah thats right it says Talkingsoccer.com so anybody can post on here if they want, coaches, doc's, parents, players, ref's anybody....He is not defending himself I will tell you from first hand from working with this guy and knowing him for years ... I owe a lot to Roger Thomas he has been a mentor of mine for years now and I have learned so much from working with him it has made me 100 times better coach. He teaches the correct technique in every aspect to the young players and he puts them in different situations to help with their decision making on the ball. I always recommend it to players looking for extra training because they cover a lot of things that other clubs don't focus on. They help build a players confidence on the ball and really utilize futsal training well to help with the development of a player. People have their own opinions on SAT but I know for sure what was going on at SAT when I was working there for almost 2 years and that is great training and some of the best players in south florida trained there boys and girls.

Comment

Thank you for your input we accept and forgive the mistake you made "Apology accepted"

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't see that the website says Parentstalkingsoccer.com oh yeah thats right it says Talkingsoccer.com so anybody can post on here if they want, coaches, doc's, parents, players, ref's anybody....He is not defending himself I will tell you from first hand from working with this guy and knowing him for years ... I owe a lot to Roger Thomas he has been a mentor of mine for years now and I have learned so much from working with him it has made me 100 times better coach. He teaches the correct technique in every aspect to the young players and he puts them in different situations to help with their decision making on the ball. I always recommend it to players looking for extra training because they cover a lot of things that other clubs don't focus on. They help build a players confidence on the ball and really utilize futsal training well to help with the development of a player. People have their own opinions on SAT but I know for sure what was going on at SAT when I was working there for almost 2 years and that is great training and some of the best players in south florida trained there boys and girls.
                  hate to break your bubble but it's not what it was 2 years ago. It's not producing elite soccer players it just training for money that's all. If you know so much about it then you know the only player that has a future of being an elite player is his youngest son. And even you know that. The rest are just bodies does roger provide a service yes and parents pay for the service but majority of the time it doesn't produce into elite players on the field and once again YOU KNOW THAT!

Comment

As a alumni of SAT training, I can say for sure that my child learned how to play soccer the right way, and now at their new club, the coach is thankful for SAT teaching my child the basic technique to play soccer, and play it well. They were up front on our next chapter and stated time for us to move on! Their program is the real deal and the teams that have their kids are thankful that they learned the game and can work from there. THANK YOU SAT!

Comment

Sorry to break your bubble but its not true ...I do know a lot about SAT and I know there are more kids than just his youngest son trust me I know more than you probably know. I especially know because I have a lot of his older players on my team now and I can tell you i love having them apart of my team because they are smart, coachable players that understand the game. It makes practice so much easier to explain things when the kids get it at the first try instead of having to repeat yourself over and over again. I am very proud to have been apart of SAT and all the players there. I am also proud to say Roger is a great Trainer/Coach and an even better friend. There is so much behind the scenes that you have no idea about

Comment

As a alumni of SAT training, I can say for sure that my child learned how to play soccer the right way, and now at their new club, the coach is thankful for SAT teaching my child the basic technique to play soccer, and play it well. They were up front on our next chapter and stated time for us to move on! Their program is the real deal and the teams that have their kids are thankful that they learned the game and can work from there. THANK YOU SAT!
                        happy for you and your child but for every one of this post there is 3-4 posts saying stay away from this program shouldnt that tell you something? Would you eat at a restaurant with more bad reviews then good? No so this is no different.

Comment

happy for you and your child but for every one of this post there is 3-4 posts saying stay away from this program shouldnt that tell you something? Would you eat at a restaurant with more bad reviews then good? No so this is no different.
                          Seriously your argument is weak stay on topic were not talking about restaurants over here we are talking about young soccer players...every kid is different and some take longer than others to develop...not every soccer player that goes to SAT is going to be a big time baller and you have to realize that as a parent...Have goals set up for your kid based of his skill level and how he retains information given to him Stop blaming someone else for your kids

Comment

BUT we did benefit with SAT! Yes, we no longer go, because it was time for us to leave and benefited tremendously from the program. So we ARE advising it is a great program for young players to learn now to play.

Comment

Seriously your argument is weak stay on topic were not talking about restaurants over here we are talking about young soccer players...every kid is different and some take longer than others to develop...not every soccer player that goes to SAT is going to be a big time baller and you have to realize that as a parent...Have goals set up for your kid based of his skill level and how he retains information given to him Stop blaming someone else for your kids
                              Sorry my kid is a baller. He gets recruited by teams all the time. If I were trying to really prove my point I would screen shot text messages from coaches wanted him. SAT is basic training that anyone can do don't tell me any different. The problem are parents like yourself sometime are unrealistic and live their soccer dreams thru their kids stop dreaming let the kid play and stop controlling his or her future. Let go of the leash and let the kid play what is a kids game not yours. If it was your you be a pro. Goals are great but let your kid set them for themselves not you. Your kid probably goes to SAT because you force them too. Trust me majority of those kids don't even wanna be there.

Comment

Sorry my kid is a baller. He gets recruited by teams all the time. If I were trying to really prove my point I would screen shot text messages from coaches wanted him. SAT is basic training that anyone can do don't tell me any different. The problem are parents like yourself sometime are unrealistic and live their soccer dreams thru their kids stop dreaming let the kid play and stop controlling his or her future. Let go of the leash and let the kid play what is a kids game not yours. If it was your you be a pro. Goals are great but let your kid set them for themselves not you. Your kid probably goes to SAT because you force them too. Trust me majority of those kids don't even wanna be there.
                                Well good for your kid that he is a baller and all these coach's want him I forgot thats what determine's how good a player is? ...No its not! A good player is based of his technical ability and his ability to do that technique under high pressure and also his tactical understanding of the game. I am not a parent, I am a coach actually I already said that in my last thread if you were reading correctly and I said I use to work for SAT ...I now work at a different club and I have a lot of Roger's older kids on my team now....I have played at a high level so I don't need to dream through a little kid trust me...I'm talking about setting goals for yourself as a parent for your kid so you don't get so upset

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X