Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The coach is the one that picks the division for tournaments and leagues, since he is the one that is solely responsible for player development. They look to be high div II, low div I. Take a look at the palm beach strikers record. They have been carefully managed and know how to pick the right tournaments to play div I and II. Here is the rule of thumb, go div I for smaller tournaments, div II for larger ones. West Pines and Weston are the two top tournaments in s fl, so do not do div I unless you want to be out in three games.
    From the rules for PBSL:
    "The Director shall have the right to move teams either in age groups or between Divisions as necessary to balance the League and/or should their performance indicate improper placement."

So, not only the coaches responsibility.

Comment

From the rules for PBSL:
      "The Director shall have the right to move teams either in age groups or between Divisions as necessary to balance the League and/or should their performance indicate improper placement."

So, not only the coaches responsibility.
      No but it is coaches responsibility to teach 11 year old kids proper sportsmanship. If my kids coach ran up a score 21-0, I as a parent would have a big problem with that and what it is teaching my kids about sports and life. Just a real scum bag thing to do

Comment

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=

Here is the record of the u12 RPB Strickers, ranked number 4 in the state. They lost 0-3 to AC Delray (u11) and also lost to Weston U11 Black last month, so they are not really the 4th strongest u12 team in Florida, just on paper. They are a solid team with a coach that understands they are not going to win any big tournaments div I. This coach is getting the most out of his players, and the kids are finding success. I would be very happy if my son had a coach like this that understood the teams level, and would allow them to compete where they still can find success.

Some would look at it as trophy hunting, challenge the team and maybe they become better. Your only as good as the competition you play.

Comment

Some would look at it as trophy hunting, challenge the team and maybe they become better. Your only as good as the competition you play.
          I do not think they are trophy hunting. If a coach knows his teams level, he needs to put them in the right tournaments where they can be challenged, yet still find success if they are on their A game. They are not going to win a big Div I tournament, but possibly some of the smaller ones, and that is just what he did. There are a lot of good coaches out there, but are bad managers. This coach has managed his strong div II team perfectly.

Comment

I do not think they are trophy hunting. If a coach knows his teams level, he needs to put them in the right tournaments where they can be challenged, yet still find success if they are on their A game. They are not going to win a big Div I tournament, but possibly some of the smaller ones, and that is just what he did. There are a lot of good coaches out there, but are bad managers. This coach has managed his strong div II team perfectly.

Everyone has a different look at things which is great. For me, making sure they have a chance to win every tournament they are in is secondary to making sure they are being pushed to elevate there pay.

Comment

So winning very tournament they are in is managing them perfectly? Why not challenge them a bit? No, i would say it is trophy hunting.

Comment

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=

Here is the record of the u12 RPB Strickers, ranked number 4 in the state. They lost 0-3 to AC Delray (u11) and also lost to Weston U11 Black last month, so they are not really the 4th strongest u12 team in Florida, just on paper. They are a solid team with a coach that understands they are not going to win any big tournaments div I. This coach is getting the most out of his players, and the kids are finding success. I would be very happy if my son had a coach like this that understood the teams level, and would allow them to compete where they still can find success.
                They are ranked 4 because of all the points they get for winning lower divisions in tournaments. That's the downside of gotsoccer rankings....Teams with lower rankings are playing in higher divisions than them. Look at the west pines tournament, they played against teams ranked 56,42,69!!!!!!!!

Comment

U12 soccer exists for one reason and one reason only,not to win tournaments, not got soccer rankings. It exists to get kids ready to play he game properly when they are U15 and up. I guarantee no kid remembers their ranking or what tournaments they won 5 years ago. No college coach ever asked a kid what was their team ranking at U12. If or when parents realize his they will look at U12 soccer differently. Beating teams by such large margins is not getting kids ready physically or mentally to play the game properly when they get older.

Comment

Parkland Preditors are in it to win it everyone else is playing Div 2 !

Comment

For the love of God stay away from the Boynton program. The people running the club embezzled 30k from the club and got fired, the coaching is a gross misrepresentation and the parents have no clue how to play/rules.

Comment

For the love of God stay away from the Boynton program. The people running the club embezzled 30k from the club and got fired, the coaching is a gross misrepresentation and the parents have no clue how to play/rules.
                        Some truth , yes, but sweeping generalizations never win an argument. So you know the knowledge of each parent regarding soccer?

Comment

Some truth , yes, but sweeping generalizations never win an argument. So you know the knowledge of each parent regarding soccer?
                          Here are some sweeping generalizations: You are a glorified rec club, as long as you are affiliated with AYSO, it will always be that way. Please name me one legit tournament a Boynton team has won? And please don't tell me U8 Plantation or U10 Wellington or some other crap like that. Wags? Disney Premier? CASL? Anything? How many State Cups has a team from Boynton won? How many Boynton teams have even made it into State Cup, or made a run in State Cup? How many coaches on the Boynton staff played professional soccer? How many have an E license, which anyone can get if they take the class? How many have an A or B license? How many "daddy's" still coach in Boynton, either head coach or assistant? Why are there so many age groups, especially the older age groups, with entire teams missing? They have plenty of U8 teams, but not the older groups. How much money did the AYSO Board, the board that runs the Knights, steal last year when the all went on their cruise? Was that money every paid back? Was anybody ever held accountable for it?

You don't like sweeping generalizations, so answer some of the specific questions above if you can. You wonder why people have an opinion about Boynton, the above is a big reason why. It is a glorified rec club, which is OK, I am sure there are plenty of kids that benefit by getting some exercise and getting out on the field, but you should not come one here talking about how great the club is or specific teams are, because in the big picture, Boynton is not even in the conversation.

Comment

Here are some sweeping generalizations: You are a glorified rec club, as long as you are affiliated with AYSO, it will always be that way. Please name me one legit tournament a Boynton team has won? And please don't tell me U8 Plantation or U10 Wellington or some other crap like that. Wags? Disney Premier? CASL? Anything? How many State Cups has a team from Boynton won? How many Boynton teams have even made it into State Cup, or made a run in State Cup? How many coaches on the Boynton staff played professional soccer? How many have an E license, which anyone can get if they take the class? How many have an A or B license? How many "daddy's" still coach in Boynton, either head coach or assistant? Why are there so many age groups, especially the older age groups, with entire teams missing? They have plenty of U8 teams, but not the older groups. How much money did the AYSO Board, the board that runs the Knights, steal last year when the all went on their cruise? Was that money every paid back? Was anybody ever held accountable for it?

You don't like sweeping generalizations, so answer some of the specific questions above if you can. You wonder why people have an opinion about Boynton, the above is a big reason why. It is a glorified rec club, which is OK, I am sure there are plenty of kids that benefit by getting some exercise and getting out on the field, but you should not come one here talking about how great the club is or specific teams are, because in the big picture, Boynton is not even in the conversation.
                            Wow, hate much? where did I say Boynton is wonderful or the best? I said do not generalize. And then you go and vomit out a bunch a questions to show your hate. Fine. Tell me your club an I am sure we can also come up with a list of questions for you.

Comment

Wow, hate much? where did I say Boynton is wonderful or the best? I said do not generalize. And then you go and vomit out a bunch a questions to show your hate. Fine. Tell me your club an I am sure we can also come up with a list of questions for you.
                              I have one kid playing for Team Boca and one kid playing for Sunrise. And I really don't think it is vomit or hate, I would just be happy if for once someone at Boynton would stop drinking the Kool Aide, take a honest look at the program and answer some questions, that is all.

Comment

And yes, you are right, every club has issues, no club, including the two my kids are at, are perfect, but it just gets tired to see Boynton parents keep coming on here and blindly defend the club…don't let the facts get in the way of the truth. And since you seem to be the defender of Boynton, know so much about all the other clubs around, and know so much about soccer, feel free to answer any of the questions, would love to see your "specific, not general" replies.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X