Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You won't name the 2 tournaments because they are probably bottom of the barrel level tournaments and low divisions within those tournaments. Did not and do not see one team at the Disney Senior & Junior showcase from Largo/TBU west. Never, ever do you see a Largo team competing at State Cup. Please, for the sake of the kids, get real and just for a minute consider that what the people there are telling you is wrong. Largo/TBU west is an average to more likely, below average club. This is all fine to be a below average club, but don't pretend it to be one of the top competitive clubs in Pinellas county. Better there than to have your kid sit at home on video games. If, as you say, that your kid is ODP (Alabama selection) quality (very unlikely), you need to seek a better team and better competition (NPL, FSPL, State Cup team, DA). I compare it to school, why would you have a gifted kid go to classes at Gibbs high school? You don't think the people around him are going to dumb him down? Now, you put that gifted kid around other gifted kids at a private school or fundamental that is only going to help that kid. Largo/Tbu west is like the Gibbs high school of soccer.
    You have too many factual errors for me to respond to all of them. But just a few.... You didn't look closely enough at Disney Showcase brackets - there ARE TBU West teams in there. I didn't say my child was selected to ODP Alabama. My child was selected to train with ODP leading up to Alabama selection. I get your school analogy up to a point because my child is in the fundamental school system. But I am not arrogant enough to believe that Gibbs is not a viable opportunity for SOME kids, nor do a I think a private school would necessarily be better than my child's great fundamental experience. Finally, we constantly seek out better competition. One GREAT thing about being in a larger club like TBU West is that my child HAS access to better competition like NPL. Matter of fact, my child has already played in 2 NPL games this year. The level of play was high but not significantly better than many teams we have faced in tournaments. I'll say it again, parents in Pinellas County and the Tampa Bay area should give TBU West a serious look. It is very good now and will get better each year from here on out.

Comment

I hope your kid isn't on the U13 G team because that sure isn't the experience we are getting . One step forward 3 steps back . Little less screaming from the coach might just help a bit .

Comment

You won't name the 2 tournaments because they are probably bottom of the barrel level tournaments and low divisions within those tournaments. Did not and do not see one team at the Disney Senior & Junior showcase from Largo/TBU west. Never, ever do you see a Largo team competing at State Cup. Please, for the sake of the kids, get real and just for a minute consider that what the people there are telling you is wrong. Largo/TBU west is an average to more likely, below average club. This is all fine to be a below average club, but don't pretend it to be one of the top competitive clubs in Pinellas county. Better there than to have your kid sit at home on video games. If, as you say, that your kid is ODP (Alabama selection) quality (very unlikely), you need to seek a better team and better competition (NPL, FSPL, State Cup team, DA). I compare it to school, why would you have a gifted kid go to classes at Gibbs high school? You don't think the people around him are going to dumb him down? Now, you put that gifted kid around other gifted kids at a private school or fundamental that is only going to help that kid. Largo/Tbu west is like the Gibbs high school of soccer.
        Problem is that there are no good clubs in Southern Pinellas county.

Comment

FYI coach SS is the best coach at TBU-WEST . Sorry you don't like his style

Comment

FYI coach SS is the best coach at TBU-WEST . Sorry you don't like his style
            100% Agreed! Really knows to how develop athletes. His yelling is not mean like some coaches - he's just very passionate about the sport.

Comment

100% Agreed! Really knows to how develop athletes. His yelling is not mean like some coaches - he's just very passionate about the sport.
              Athletes or Soccer players?

Comment

The TBU West U13 girls would beat the TBU U13 Premier team!

Comment

Be nice to win the occasional game though . Over rated coach but good vocal cords .

Comment

You have too many factual errors for me to respond to all of them. But just a few.... You didn't look closely enough at Disney Showcase brackets - there ARE TBU West teams in there. I didn't say my child was selected to ODP Alabama. My child was selected to train with ODP leading up to Alabama selection. I get your school analogy up to a point because my child is in the fundamental school system. But I am not arrogant enough to believe that Gibbs is not a viable opportunity for SOME kids, nor do a I think a private school would necessarily be better than my child's great fundamental experience. Finally, we constantly seek out better competition. One GREAT thing about being in a larger club like TBU West is that my child HAS access to better competition like NPL. Matter of fact, my child has already played in 2 NPL games this year. The level of play was high but not significantly better than many teams we have faced in tournaments. I'll say it again, parents in Pinellas County and the Tampa Bay area should give TBU West a serious look. It is very good now and will get better each year from here on out.
                    I guess your daughter is on the LARGO U13G. The way you are so overwhelmed means you came from a much smaller club like Shooting Stars,P.Park or PCU. Better kids are not coming to LARGO. Especially at this age group and older. And please don't brag about ODP. It's a joke. Your kid's best shot at success is only playing for her high school. Winning the big tournaments is NOT in Largo's alley. Never has. Glad your having a blast though.

Comment

I guess your daughter is on the LARGO U13G. The way you are so overwhelmed means you came from a much smaller club like Shooting Stars,P.Park or PCU. Better kids are not coming to LARGO. Especially at this age group and older. And please don't brag about ODP. It's a joke. Your kid's best shot at success is only playing for her high school. Winning the big tournaments is NOT in Largo's alley. Never has. Glad your having a blast though.
                      My posts not related to other U13G posts. The ODP training has been great - not sure why it's a joke? I am having a blast... by your overall negativity I can only assume your youth soccer experience has not gone well and I hope for a better experience for you in the future.

Comment

Count your blessings, your kid could be at Celtic learning the boot and scoot

Comment

now that's original

Comment

Be nice to win the occasional game though . Over rated coach but good vocal cords .
                            Said a parent who's never coached the game and really doesn't know squat about developement.

It's OCTOBER. Slow down Al Davis.

Comment

FIrst of all, I have to say that LARGO's girls are doing okay. The BOYS programs --- A DISASTER! Senior season have brought the great reality that AS and his entire program for the boys is not only weak but also not even close to any of the CDL teams. Well, when your entire tenure, you only play USA at 2nd or 3rd div., join tournaments at rec.level (bottom) brackets, that is what you are. And the junior Boys squads will find that out too first hand this weekend. Expect scores from 8 to 15 - 0. Just ask the senior boys parents how they feel, and how far off LARGO's training is. Good luck this weekend. Y'all gonna need it.

Comment

It took a long time, but southern Pinellas finally has a good club in TBU West, for too many years the people the area were forced to choose between terrible clubs like Celtic and PCU, now they can at least get competent training at TBU West

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X