X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hue is in charge for Florida and Georgia.
    Wrong, Tricia is in charge. She is currently out in California with the 18s girls national team. Hue is on staff and does a pretty good job, but Tricia is in the boss for the whole state.

Comment

Raise the Discourse!

Your comparing apple to oranges with odp and pdp. Both have different traits, one being pdp is exactly that PLAYER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM ie developing skills, not to advance in stages but to "Player develop" this is a good thing. ODP on the other hand is completely different in the aspect of advancement to state pools and possibly state teams and hopefully a region team and of course the holy grail of a national camp. Try and remember ODP is purely try out based anyone can try out, PDP on the other hand is you are recommended by YOUR club doc. I am not bashing either because they both have qualities beneficial to the player. The best part about PDP is the price (zero) The best about ODP is having to make your way through. I believe the training is about the same.
      Thanks for the reasoned post. You are correct. I should not have compared the two so off-hand. Thanks for providing context.

Comment

Can you be seen by National team coaches and make it to the National Team from PDP?

Do they give you feedback on if you have a roster spot at the next National Team camp?

ODP is very last year and I heard PDP and ID2 are the places to be seen by the National team coaches.

Comment

Can you be seen by National team coaches and make it to the National Team from PDP?

Do they give you feedback on if you have a roster spot at the next National Team camp?

ODP is very last year and I heard PDP and ID2 are the places to be seen by the National team coaches.
          No, you can be recommended to Id2 camp from PDP to be seen by National scouts. We have never gotten feedback from PDP either It is like US soccer training centers in that way. Id2 feedback is hard to come by too I am told.

Comment

Good efficiency of having others check players in and assign numbered pinnies before the start. The players are there for short sessions and happy to see the staff made the most of the players time. The training drills were exceptional. Only suggestion would be to get the team waiting on the bench during the scrimmages up and active with a drill and to keep their muscles warmed up. Twenty minutes on the bench is too long. Keep track of who subs in for another team so those players don't get 100% field time. Like that it is held on one day as opposed to ODP held on two days.
            I would disagree somewhat. The girls who did not get much playing time were the ones who the staff dual numbered. when it came to scrimmages, other girls from the different age groups had their numbers. The "numberless" girls then had to go find a penny with another number, which meant they sat out and only got about 15 minutes playing time.

Comment

Who replaced Tricia as she was with the U18WNT? My daughter was invited but we missed the event. I heard there was more coaches for the boys than the girls.

Comment

A mess

This was worst event that I have been to have seen odp,us soccer,id2, this by far was the worst run event I have seen. The head guy shows up 10 minutes before the event ends!! Very poorly run. Had 97's playing against 2001 girls made no sense of what they were doing! If invited again my advice don't go wasn't worth it.

Comment

This was worst event that I have been to have seen odp,us soccer,id2, this by far was the worst run event I have seen. The head guy shows up 10 minutes before the event ends!! Very poorly run. Had 97's playing against 2001 girls made no sense of what they were doing! If invited again my advice don't go wasn't worth it.
                  How is that possible. I was there, 01 combined and scrimmaged with 02 . They finished and left before older girls began. HM showed up at the end of the 01&02 scrimmage, talked to a few girls and stayed for they older girls. Your story is shifty.

Comment

"worth" this would mean you had payed for it ? It's free of course it's worth it.

Comment

Glad we won't be seeing you next time. No need to give advice to the rest of us. Were capable of making our own decisions for our own children.

Comment

"worth" this would mean you had payed for it ? It's free of course it's worth it.
                        Value means different things to different people. If driving 3 hrs and committing an entire Sunday for 2hrs of mediocre soccer is worthwhile to you just because it's "free" then that's fine. But don't tell others what's "worth it" to them.

Comment

Value means different things to different people. If driving 3 hrs and committing an entire Sunday for 2hrs of mediocre soccer is worthwhile to you just because it's "free" then that's fine. But don't tell others what's "worth it" to them.
                          No matter how "mediocre" you perceived the session it was beneficial to your kid, if they want soccer if they don't want soccer then yes you should be selfish and not commit to an entire Sunday of soccer. 6 hours in the car with my kid sounds fun lots of bonding time because at 18 years old they have had 6,570 days I think 1 is not to much if they want SOCCER

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X