Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How is it back to normal in 3-4 weeks, when thousands of people are dying every day? Are you nuts? Even if the stay home orders are lifted, which they won't be, people aren't going back to normal life while the bodies pile up.

Going back to normal will depend on us finding an effective treatment/preventative. Once people stop dying -- however that is achieved-- then we will go back to work and life as we knew it.
    The one glimmer of hope is that each area will peak at different times depending on how when they started shutdowns. The NE was much earlier than say the SE. It is possible, albeit low, that this area could resume late spring and go into summer. Just practices and games, no events that require travel.

Possible...but likely?

Comment

People die every day from the flu as well. It would have been great if everyone took care of themselves from jump street. This shocking virus is going to come to an end sometime and when it does the world will be a much cleaner safer place. Hope we all learned a good lesson. Don't eat bats and wash your hands.

Comment

Not sure if it's worth starting school back up for a few weeks. Kids are spreaders. Keep them out of school until the fall and hope there isn't a big 2and wave in the fall
        Yes kids are spreaders but by end of summer things will be very different. Too many chicken little, MSM watchers on TS. The following is the most likely scenario for the fall:

1) Point of contact testing will be widely available with <15minute tests allowing for containment, contact tracing. We are in mitigation mode now, not containment.
        2) Therapeutics will most likely be available, allowing for decrease in severity of symptoms and much less chance of needing a ventilator even for those with underlying conditions.
        3) The stay at home orders would be lifted by May but there will be continuous changes to it and little by littles easing over time. The only restrictions by late summer will probably be to nursing homes and new guidelines to those that have underlying conditions. The rest of the population will be free to move around.
        4) In the end COVID will probably have less deaths this year than seasonal flu which will probably end up at around 60k deaths for the 2019-2020 seasonal flu season.

Comment

^ yes valid and hopeful points..But we won't know until we know, including your last point which even the WH isn't agreeing with let alone actual health officials and epidemiologists

Comment

If they are not allowed to play high school sports in the fall the. Kids won’t be going back to school either. Economy will crash. Housing market will be disgusting. And everyone will be out of a job
            Yeah, not sure I follow how kids would be allowed to go to school and sit in classrooms and lunchrooms but then you're not letting them play sports. If no sports, then no school. So if you think there won't be sports you're saying no one is going back to school in the fall? I guess it's possible, but it's also 6 mos. out from now and 7+ months from when this thing got serious. If we're all still in lock down then, no sports will be the least of our problems.

Comment

Am I the only one hoping to get let go from my job? I want a career change and need a kick in the butt to push me. I want unemployment or I'd quit. The sooner the better so I can stop being exposed to the virus at work.

Comment

Am I the only one hoping to get let go from my job? I want a career change and need a kick in the butt to push me. I want unemployment or I'd quit. The sooner the better so I can stop being exposed to the virus at work.
                Unemployment won't even cover your mortgage and you have to pay taxes back on it later. Health insurance through your job? Gone too.

Be glad you have a job when so many do not. Sort out your career change later, in better times

Comment

yes you are

Comment

How is it back to normal in 3-4 weeks, when thousands of people are dying every day? Are you nuts? Even if the stay home orders are lifted, which they won't be, people aren't going back to normal life while the bodies pile up.

Going back to normal will depend on us finding an effective treatment/preventative. Once people stop dying -- however that is achieved-- then we will go back to work and life as we knew it.
                    Effective treatment, vaccine (not only developed but also administered, etc. spring 2021 is a best case for getting back to normal life. The experts know...

Comment

Effective treatment, vaccine (not only developed but also administered, etc. spring 2021 is a best case for getting back to normal life. The experts know...
                      Do you work for the cdc? Probably a HS English teacher, but you know so much from watching cnn.

Comment

Yeah the experts really know. The same people who said 2.2 million would die.

Comment

Yeah the experts really know. The same people who said 2.2 million would die.
                          Stop cherry picking... 2.2 million would die if we did nothing and went business as usual.

Comment

hearing multiple sources at state level talking seriously about no fall sports

maybe leagues will recalibrate seasons to help senior and college coaches with recruiting

CT school districts are planning to stay closed through the current semester:
                            https://dailyvoice.com/connecticut/s...c-year/786202/

Comment

CT school districts are planning to stay closed through the current semester:
                              https://dailyvoice.com/connecticut/s...c-year/786202/
                              Not surprised and some schools have already done this.

Comment

Of course they are. Towns are saving soooooo much money by not being open. Why would they open? I feel bad for the families that have single parents that are still working. What are they supposed to do?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X