Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is not a false statement. And if parents are letting their kids run around based on this information then god help us. What you are talking about is herd immunity where 60% of our population receives the virus. We aren’t even near this number.

If we even tried to achieve this number, with the lack of proper medical equipment and PPE, we are looking at 2 million deaths. That number coming directly from Trump. WITH social distancing we are looking at 100,000-200,000 deaths (again Trump numbers).

Herd immunity is not an option, the U.K. implemented it , and abandoned it when they realized what the true death toll would be. At this rate, we are trying to keep the number affected to under 1%. This is the only way our healthcare system will be able to minimize the amount of deaths. The longer these kids keep going out and spreading it and creating stress on our healthcare system, the longer we will be in this.
    So what you are saying is I am correct. I said we are closer to returning to normalcy once 60% of the population has come in contact with the virus or there is a cure. You yourself cannot deny this statement. You know what you are talking about. This make take years to achieve but it’s fact. I am 100% convinced that this will end in herd mentality at some point. It’s absolutely inevitable. The method that is in place right now saves lives right now, however, it isn’t sustainable. We are months if not years away from a viable vaccine and that is the only other route to return to normalcy. I’m curious if you don’t agree, what you hypothetical resolution and time frame is to this. Civilly speaking amongst intelligent adults.[/QUOTE]

If 60% of us get it that = 195M cases = 19.5M hospitalizations (10% hospitalization rate) = 1.95M deaths (if 1% mortality rate sticks)

You good with those numbers? Because I sure as F am not. Not only do I prefer to keep it out of my house and not burden the healthcare system, I don't want my kids to carry the guilt that they may have contributed to someone getting sick.

Comment

It is not a false statement. And if parents are letting their kids run around based on this information then god help us. What you are talking about is herd immunity where 60% of our population receives the virus. We aren’t even near this number.

If we even tried to achieve this number, with the lack of proper medical equipment and PPE, we are looking at 2 million deaths. That number coming directly from Trump. WITH social distancing we are looking at 100,000-200,000 deaths (again Trump numbers).

Herd immunity is not an option, the U.K. implemented it , and abandoned it when they realized what the true death toll would be. At this rate, we are trying to keep the number affected to under 1%. This is the only way our healthcare system will be able to minimize the amount of deaths. The longer these kids keep going out and spreading it and creating stress on our healthcare system, the longer we will be in this.
      So what you are saying is I am correct. I said we are closer to returning to normalcy once 60% of the population has come in contact with the virus or there is a cure. You yourself cannot deny this statement. You know what you are talking about. This make take years to achieve but it’s fact. I am 100% convinced that this will end in herd mentality at some point. It’s absolutely inevitable. The method that is in place right now saves lives right now, however, it isn’t sustainable. We are months if not years away from a viable vaccine and that is the only other route to return to normalcy. I’m curious if you don’t agree, what you hypothetical resolution and time frame is to this. Civilly speaking amongst intelligent adults.[/QUOTE]

Herd immunity with this virus is only attainable with a vaccine and we are a ways away from that. So in the meantime, we have no choice but to slow down this virus. The death rate is too high to just let nature take its course. The number of hospitalizations alone, is enough to completely decimate our healthcare system. We won’t be able to handle normal things like asthma, strokes, heart attacks and cancer because our brightest minds, the ones that treat those patients, will be dead. If we allow this to happen, the deaths won’t stop at 2 million, there will be a devastating multiplying effect, because the people on the front lines are our health care workers.

And as far as normalcy. Well i truly believe there will be a new normal for the rest of the year. I can see schools reopen in the fall and having practice after school but i don’t think there will be competitions against other schools especially out of the city. I think people will need to be contained as much as possible on a local level. I think travel soccer will be out.

That’s best case scenario, and assuming we all practice social distancing. If we don’t, and continue to have our heads up our butt, like Dabo Swinney, I don’t think the kids will ever return to school, because it’s all about data, as long as the numbers keep going up, the longer we have to stay on lockdown.

And to achieve best case scenario, I also think we need to ramp up testing and source tracing and we learn from other countries and create a pandemic protocol. This is not new to other countries. I believe Taiwan has pretty much came up with a way to handle pandemics effectively. We should be looking to them.

We are just buying time to consult with those who have experience and know how to handle a pandemic so we are better prepared for the second wave. Or worse another unrelated pandemic. We have to make sure our next leadership understands that this is not new, we can’t be using our gut and flying by the seat of our pants, there are things we can do to not allow this to happen again. When people think 2 million people dying and achieving herd immunity is our best option, we are in big trouble as a country.

Comment

Glad kids are still training..my son trains on his own 3 days aweek...we will not stop our life over this..I won't die broke eathier...this country wasn't designed to sit..trump needs to open this country back up and ignore the leftist media who has put fear into America..I truly think some of you lazy Americans really hope this doesn't end so you can stay home stuck up your wives butts..

Comment

Glad kids are still training..my son trains on his own 3 days aweek...we will not stop our life over this..I won't die broke eathier...this country wasn't designed to sit..trump needs to open this country back up and ignore the leftist media who has put fear into America..I truly think some of you lazy Americans really hope this doesn't end so you can stay home stuck up your wives butts..
          You are broke as a joke. Stfu

Comment

You are broke as a joke. Stfu
            That's not what your mother said😉

Comment

That's not what your mother said😉
              I dont know what his mother told you, she def told me I was broke as a joke, but she would keep coming back cause Its the size of a pringles can.

Comment

Don't be afraid of covid 19. Be afraid of being poor. If you are able to call the family doctor and get a prescription at the first sign of covid 19, you will survive. Go out and play. French kiss the coach, if you feel he/ she does not have STDs. Be more concern about std than covid19. Last year alone before covid19 over 100000 people died from other illnesses.
                looks like you've overdosed your prescription of OxyMoron.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/centralfloridaSC/

These guys have been doing team training during the pandemic. Shame on Stetson FA for providing them passes....

Comment

Stetson does not care.

The president is on the boards of directors of GCF. He is shrewd. All he cares is about money and the 15-mile radius.

I do not know why Robby and Naji are doing that. They should stop. Naji was always criticizing this pandemic.

Amazing!!!!!!

Wake up Naji.

These guys have been doing team training during the pandemic. Shame on Stetson FA for providing them passes....

Comment

That is bizarre. Guess they gotta get the training for the finals of the state cup:) They might as well be playing the local YMCA all stars. The results will be the same..

Comment

I dont know what his mother told you, she def told me I was broke as a joke, but she would keep coming back cause Its the size of a pringles can.
                        I had to have money because the old bitch said she needed to buy false teeth. I said for what your going to do you don't need them

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X