Is DA or ECNL worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has come to my attention that most clubs will support ECNL and FYSA.

ECNL is run by US Club soccer and FYSA by a bunch of nitwits that pretend to play soccer.

DA is going away.

Lets make FYSA go away too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It has come to my attention that most clubs will support ECNL and FYSA.

ECNL is run by US Club soccer and FYSA by a bunch of nitwits that pretend to play soccer.

DA is going away.

Lets make FYSA go away too.
      Tend to agree with you. ECNL especially boys side is now becoming a real deal and clubs that trashed it in the beginning are the ones trying hard to now get in. Unfortunately ECNL will not over saturate with to many clubs. Top players from none ECNL teams should make a point to go to tryouts.

Comment

I have seen several posts about OCDA partying too much and not winning any games. I have also read about IMFC bringing in Weston coaches. I also read that SC is getting or it did not get ECNL. Also, TBU is a perfect club with outstanding parents that don't influence who gets to play and who rides the bench. Finally, JAX is in dire straits with two clubs in Miami.

So is DA and ECNL worth it?

Why not everyone joins the FYSA organization and everyone plays the same league?

Why travel 3 hours from Central Florida to play the Southern teams? What is the point of traveling to Miami to play Boca?

I know FYSA is an upside-down organization that does not anything about the sport. But lets reform.

This of creating leagues and traveling afar is out of control.

The north should stay in the north, the central clubs should play themselves and the south should play together.

Use the divisions.

So is DA really worth it? Is ECNL really that elite?

DA if your really that good, go spank IdeaSports. TBU are you that great go spank Plant City. Doesn't Barcelona just spank everyone in Catalunia.

In Spain, you have promotion and relegation.
        You have RM, ATM, Leganes, Getafe and other teams. These are the top teams. If you loose you drop to the second division.
        Second Division has great teams. It will have ATM B team. Why its B team because it lost and got demoted. ATM will then regroup and have a great team an then move up, back to Division 1.
        Third division has the school teams, these are the kids that pay. Now there are teams from this division that move up.

My point, call your self ECNL, DA, NPL, or FYSA, but lets all play each other.

So if DA can beat ECNL and ECNL can beat NPL then why not prove it on the field. Don't travel. Do showcases do tournaments.

Your isolation and segregation has destroyed the sport.

Think how good you will feel OCDA every weekend "beating" all teams in the region. How big your head will be. IMFC, think how great it will be to show your pretty pink colors and just taking numbers.

Step up and play every club.

So is DA and ECNL really worth it?
        In Florida there is not much difference kids are faster in the DA but technically pathetic. Game understanding is better in ayso than the DA. In Florida it’s all BS money scam! It’s an inferior product and everyone knows it at least those that moved here and there children started off in other states. It’s un organized it’s crooked on all levels, it’s selfish soccer and it comes from the top down. There is no moral fabric or loyalty to anything except ones self. Parents are generally pissed off no matter what club there with because there getting ripped off but continue to pay. This is the most expensive state to play the game and also the worst coaching training I have ever seen anywhere. The same group of idiots control south Florida soccer go look at inter. The area really needs to grow up and get with the modern game.

Comment

Let's face it...

Let's face it, the ECNL and the DA are all about putting up walls and eliminating or minimizing the competition. The old system was better, where you actually had to compete against everyone to prove you were the best. Remember how tough State Cup use to be. Now the ECNL is frightened of the DA, the DA is frightened to play the ECNL, and both the DA and the ECNL are frightened to play the small independent clubs.

Comment

In Florida there is not much difference kids are faster in the DA but technically pathetic. Game understanding is better in ayso than the DA. In Florida it’s all BS money scam! It’s an inferior product and everyone knows it at least those that moved here and there children started off in other states. It’s un organized it’s crooked on all levels, it’s selfish soccer and it comes from the top down. There is no moral fabric or loyalty to anything except ones self. Parents are generally pissed off no matter what club there with because there getting ripped off but continue to pay. This is the most expensive state to play the game and also the worst coaching training I have ever seen anywhere. The same group of idiots control south Florida soccer go look at inter. The area really needs to grow up and get with the modern game.
            Ordinarily, I wouldn't take the time to respond to this because there are so many errors, inconsistencies, flat out misunderstandings, etc. To be respectful, I have to believe that the poster just doesn't have much experience with youth soccer outside Florida - and his/her experience in Florida has been negative.

I come from a large family based in Michigan and moved to FL 15 years ago. Since then our kids played youth soccer and have played for TBU the last 6 years. My brothers and sisters kid's also play youth soccer in MI and most recently play for Michigan Wolves-Hawks Soccer Club. Over the last 10 years we've talked about youth soccer constantly during family holidays, a week at the lake house, etc.

Michigan Wolves-Hawks is considered one of the top clubs in the country and they can hang with (and beat) the teams from So Cal that are considered the top of the heap. Based on our very detailed conversations, I don't see a big gap between the operations and cost at TBU and Wolves-Hawks.

Maybe your experience has been different in the Southern part of FL, but ours has been consistent between TBU and Wolves-Hawks.

Comment

Failure looks for blame. I'm sorry your dreams of soccer glory for your kid have evaporated. The trick is to figure out the system and make it work for you. Maybe look inward for a reality check. Is your kid actually any good?

Comment

Let's face it, the ECNL and the DA are all about putting up walls and eliminating or minimizing the competition. The old system was better, where you actually had to compete against everyone to prove you were the best. Remember how tough State Cup use to be. Now the ECNL is frightened of the DA, the DA is frightened to play the ECNL, and both the DA and the ECNL are frightened to play the small independent clubs.
                Or when ODP was actually a thing...

Comment

Ecnl is worth it. Player will get exposure and a scholarship to a D1 school.

Comment

Failure looks for blame. I'm sorry your dreams of soccer glory for your kid have evaporated. The trick is to figure out the system and make it work for you. Maybe look inward for a reality check. Is your kid actually any good?
                    What system ?

Comment

Ecnl is worth it. Player will get exposure and a scholarship to a D1 school.
                      Exposure is also with D2 & D3 schools.
                      True for most boys involved with ECNL but im sure there are a few that it might not work for. We came from NPL and the experience with ECNL has far exceeded our time with NPL club. We pay no more then when we were at the NPL club and our son has so far had multiple contacts from coaches and the exposure to higher level of play. ECNL is not for everyone and you might be happy where your at but at least kick the tires, you never know. No I am not a staff member but just a parent that took a chance.

Comment

Ordinarily, I wouldn't take the time to respond to this because there are so many errors, inconsistencies, flat out misunderstandings, etc. To be respectful, I have to believe that the poster just doesn't have much experience with youth soccer outside Florida - and his/her experience in Florida has been negative.

I come from a large family based in Michigan and moved to FL 15 years ago. Since then our kids played youth soccer and have played for TBU the last 6 years. My brothers and sisters kid's also play youth soccer in MI and most recently play for Michigan Wolves-Hawks Soccer Club. Over the last 10 years we've talked about youth soccer constantly during family holidays, a week at the lake house, etc.

Michigan Wolves-Hawks is considered one of the top clubs in the country and they can hang with (and beat) the teams from So Cal that are considered the top of the heap. Based on our very detailed conversations, I don't see a big gap between the operations and cost at TBU and Wolves-Hawks.

Maybe your experience has been different in the Southern part of FL, but ours has been consistent between TBU and Wolves-Hawks.
                        Our daughter played ECNL in Florida and just completed her freshman year of college soccer at a college in the New England area (Boston). We have gotten to know several families very well from New Jersey, Mass, Rhode Island, etc. While sitting around before/after games we compare notes a lot about their club experience and it's all pretty much similar costs, quality, etc. Some played ECNL, some played GDA. GDA is definitely weaker than ECNL overall in the Northeastern states of the U.S.

Comment

What system ?

If you have to ask "what system" it's too late for you and you already have your answer. For others, the system is:

How to contact coaches, what to do before during and after showcases, how to train and with whom, how to get help from your club during the recruiting process etc etc. There is way too much to go over here. My suggestion is to actually sit down with a parent who has had success with their kids and learn what they did. But that will require two things: 1) be honest with yourself...is your kid any good? 2) remove that giant chip off your shoulder and stop believing that the world is stacked up against you and is set up to make you fail.

Comment

Our daughter played ECNL in Florida and just completed her freshman year of college soccer at a college in the New England area (Boston). We have gotten to know several families very well from New Jersey, Mass, Rhode Island, etc. While sitting around before/after games we compare notes a lot about their club experience and it's all pretty much similar costs, quality, etc. Some played ECNL, some played GDA. GDA is definitely weaker than ECNL overall in the Northeastern states of the U.S.
                            You said the truth. Not long ago my daughter went to an ID Camp (She’s GDA) and I can tell you that when they separated the groups by ability for scrimmaging, the ECNL kids were in the top 2 teams. GDA girls from other states were also much better that the 3 Florida GDA kids at the camp. When you go to this type of events outside FL is when you realize how much room for improvement there is.

Comment

Exposure is also with D2 & D3 schools.
                              True for most boys involved with ECNL but im sure there are a few that it might not work for. We came from NPL and the experience with ECNL has far exceeded our time with NPL club. We pay no more then when we were at the NPL club and our son has so far had multiple contacts from coaches and the exposure to higher level of play. ECNL is not for everyone and you might be happy where your at but at least kick the tires, you never know. No I am not a staff member but just a parent that took a chance.
                              Our 16yr old son also moved to one of the Orlando ecnl clubs this year. He wanted to play HS so da was out. Ecnl seems to also gaining some credibility for some of his old teammates want to join him. Can't comment on da but ecnl is worth it.

Comment

If you have to ask "what system" it's too late for you and you already have your answer. For others, the system is:

How to contact coaches, what to do before during and after showcases, how to train and with whom, how to get help from your club during the recruiting process etc etc. There is way too much to go over here. My suggestion is to actually sit down with a parent who has had success with their kids and learn what they did. But that will require two things: 1) be honest with yourself...is your kid any good? 2) remove that giant chip off your shoulder and stop believing that the world is stacked up against you and is set up to make you fail.
                                That’s not a system that’s your opinion on how to kiss ass to get what you want for your kid. It’s not wrong either it’s how things work in USA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X