Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Development?

Many people in this forum talk about development.

What is development?

Will like to know what you all think. Please do not bring up a club or association. Very interested in knowing what you all think.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

What is development?

Will like to know what you all think. Please do not bring up a club or association. Very interested in knowing what you all think.
    Spit ====> Swallow ==== Developement

Comment

What is development?

Most of the time it is a catch-phrase that coaches use to justify their existence to take your money.

Comment

In DA mafia, development is when you stand your ground and learn more about life than soccer. Do you want to learn more about your club? Take a stand!

Comment

It should be varying as the kids mature. Soccer isn’t always about the strong physical capabilities but also the game smart...able to read the field, know where to be and where to go when you don’t have the ball...which is 90% of the game

Comment

Number 1, there should be a love for the game.

Development

1. Technical skills. This is a way to control the ball.
            a.) juggle
            b.) control the ball
            i.) head
            ii.) chest
            iii.) feet

2. Tactical Understanding of the game
            a.) formations
            b.) style
            c.) move the ball
            d.) use what is above in the technical skills

3. Mental and Physical
            a.)taking instruction and executing
            b.) working out
            c.)fast and strong

This to me is a player that is developed.

Comment

It should be varying as the kids mature. Soccer isn’t always about the strong physical capabilities but also the game smart...able to read the field, know where to be and where to go when you don’t have the ball...which is 90% of the game
              you must be joking. is your kid playing at a high level? if he was, you would know ... in USA we will always take a kid with high athleticism and average technical and soccer IQ over a kid with average athleticism and high technical and soccer iq.

Comment

Number 1, there should be a love for the game.

Development

1. Technical skills. This is a way to control the ball.
                a.) juggle
                b.) control the ball
                i.) head
                ii.) chest
                iii.) feet

2. Tactical Understanding of the game
                a.) formations
                b.) style
                c.) move the ball
                d.) use what is above in the technical skills

3. Mental and Physical
                a.)taking instruction and executing
                b.) working out
                c.)fast and strong

We do not develop players in the USA. Show me how many 5'7" or 5'8" players with high soccer IQ and technical have come through DA? If you are 6' or more, you can play in the USA. And will lose against 5'6" players from mexico.

Comment

DA Joke

DA does not develop.

My son plays overseas. He trains about 3-4 hours a day with the club. He arrives early jumps in the gym, hangs out with the team. Trainers train them with weights and bands. They review the film. They go out with the trainers and warm up. They stretch. Then it is on. They train for 1.5 hours. If the coach feels they are lazy or out of shape, They run or suicide. Then they end and eat as a team and then they are released.

This is development. You cant do that above your not developing all your doing is leading a practice. Besides a team or coach does not have the gym, does not have the staff. The only reason why we can is because my son plays for a big international team that recruits from its academy.

In DA mafia, development is when you stand your ground and learn more about life than soccer. Do you want to learn more about your club? Take a stand!

Comment

Sounds great! We don’t have that here in SF. But you can see across states they do achieve development and players move up.

Comment

We used to be good.

2-0

What happened is that we forgot about our future because we never had it.

Mexico came and recruited our best players.

Many of the TV rights for Mexican soccer have made the Mexican teams rich and ready to invest in the sport. Aside from Europe, Mexico pays more per player than any other team in the world.

That being said, they have developed a style for each region.
                      In Monterey they pay more than anywhere in Mexico. America is America. GDL destroys and I can continue.

So they train, they develop. They train about 3-4 a day. They don't mess around. There is no amateur system. It is pro or nothing.

So yes they are better. They will rule until we understand what we are doing.

So go Mexico

We do not develop players in the USA. Show me how many 5'7" or 5'8" players with high soccer IQ and technical have come through DA? If you are 6' or more, you can play in the USA. And will lose against 5'6" players from mexico.

Comment

DA does not develop.

My son plays overseas. He trains about 3-4 hours a day with the club. He arrives early jumps in the gym, hangs out with the team. Trainers train them with weights and bands. They review the film. They go out with the trainers and warm up. They stretch. Then it is on. They train for 1.5 hours. If the coach feels they are lazy or out of shape, They run or suicide. Then they end and eat as a team and then they are released.

This is development. You cant do that above your not developing all your doing is leading a practice. Besides a team or coach does not have the gym, does not have the staff. The only reason why we can is because my son plays for a big international team that recruits from its academy.

Are you talking about soccer or the Marines?

Comment

We used to be good.

2-0

What happened is that we forgot about our future because we never had it.

Mexico came and recruited our best players.

Many of the TV rights for Mexican soccer have made the Mexican teams rich and ready to invest in the sport. Aside from Europe, Mexico pays more per player than any other team in the world.

That being said, they have developed a style for each region.
                          In Monterey they pay more than anywhere in Mexico. America is America. GDL destroys and I can continue.

So they train, they develop. They train about 3-4 a day. They don't mess around. There is no amateur system. It is pro or nothing.

So yes they are better. They will rule until we understand what we are doing.

So go Mexico
                          we are light years behind mexico and europe. go to bigsoccer where a lot of the scouts talk about US academy prospects. read their observations. first thing they notice is athleticism. second thing they notice is athleticism. now, i agree, athleticism is important. but at 14? that's the thing you look at number 1 and number 2? how many boys don't grow into their bodies until 16? So all we see is athletes, all the way through the system. the kids that are not athletes at 14 don't get spotted. mexico will kill us until this changes.

Comment

First, lets all agree clubs in florida are not about development. This is not club bashing, simply stating the facts. Second, parents are not realistic about their childs ability. Third, America doesn't foster a soccer culture. Fourth, Parents and players don't realize the amount of time and sacrifices needed to play at the highest level. So, what is development? Development is a learning process, that requires many years of hard work and the right guidance. Guidance you will not find at any florida club.

Comment

First, lets all agree clubs in florida are not about development. This is not club bashing, simply stating the facts. Second, parents are not realistic about their childs ability. Third, America doesn't foster a soccer culture. Fourth, Parents and players don't realize the amount of time and sacrifices needed to play at the highest level. So, what is development? Development is a learning process, that requires many years of hard work and the right guidance. Guidance you will not find at any florida club.
                              I completely agree. But for other reasons. When a coach sees all of this in a player, they do not care about taking him to the other level. Many good players removed only for retaliation. They can remove you for posting here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X