Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Numbnuts, if fall HS soccer is cancelled so is DA.
    MIAA still has their current plan as coming back for this season you ****tard

Comment

Best coaches are at those schools. You sound f’n stupid. Go back to Sleep.

Comment

Referees are not being driven out by the money! Most people do not do it for the money anyways! It is the assignors (people that gives a referee their game assignments) that drive them out for being absolute f***** ass***es and not caring about anyone but themselves and the money the clubs pay them.

Comment

Referees are not being driven out by the money! Most people do not do it for the money anyways! It is the assignors (people that gives a referee their game assignments) that drive them out for being absolute f***** ass***es and not caring about anyone but themselves and the money the clubs pay them.
          Still, there is an element of supply and demand that is not working because there's always shortages; especially that many 11v11 games only have one ref in the spring. There is a certain rate where the supply of willing refs will fill all the spots on the schedule... and it's obvious the rates should go higher to support it. It's the clubs that are charging premium prices and NEP is made of representatives from each club that makes those decisions... similar with other leagues.
          And keep in mind there's town leagues that compete with clubs on Spring Sundays that pay the same $70 but if the ref works alone they get time and a half to make it $105. So working for town soccer can pay off moreso than club!

Comment

Numbnuts, if fall HS soccer is cancelled so is DA.
            High school sports are dictated by schools. DA isn't tethered to school cycles. One has nothing to do with the other.

Comment

re: ref shortages

this thread is actually a valid topic. in USSF games- there are assigning groups (USO) that have a monopoly. They make crazy $$ but dont pass it on their refs. The are like dictators who can hold a refs career hostage. Overall refs are down and then the pay with taxes taken out makes it not worthwhile-- from the treatment and the pay. New England cost of living doesnt help this either.

HS is more diverse as more assignors and better pay

Comment

Fewer players=fewer teams=fewer games. No?

Encourage your teens to get certified. Better do it yourself, set a good example for your kids. Be a part of the solution

Comment

this thread is actually a valid topic. in USSF games- there are assigning groups (USO) that have a monopoly. They make crazy $$ but dont pass it on their refs. The are like dictators who can hold a refs career hostage. Overall refs are down and then the pay with taxes taken out makes it not worthwhile-- from the treatment and the pay. New England cost of living doesnt help this either.

Yeah the monopoly is the real issue here, I'd rather work for the assignors of my local youth soccer making more money with way less travel sometimes. These guys make me sick. Although they have one good assignor within their team that I love working for.

They are also holding payment for our tournament because GPS is f***cked up

Comment

Yeah the monopoly is the real issue here, I'd rather work for the assignors of my local youth soccer making more money with way less travel sometimes. These guys make me sick. Although they have one good assignor within their team that I love working for.

They are also holding payment for our tournament because GPS is f***cked up
                    This is true. Did you notice that USO assignors paid themselves, but not refs.

Comment

HS can pay more but can pay less depending on the situation. Subvarsity rates average out to be the same rate given sometimes you may call 35 minute halves and you may call 40 minute halves for others; plus preseason rates with a partner are lower to begin with.

It is very rare to have back to back HS games than club soccer, but it can be more favorable if you are assigned games solo in which case you get time and a half. The frequency of that happening all depends on where you are. I also find it is rare to get back to back games.

Comment

in HS depends on the league. There is doubleheaders and solo jv/fresh which get you a way better fee. Fee and 1/2. This happens in north chapter - north leagues.

USO and their cronies are running a big corrupt monopoly. Many refs finding that out and sick and tired of low fees, paying late etc. And their leaders of PA,DA,LA,SD are clowns. They get their big assignor fees and refs get screwed. look at this latest thing with GPS as proof

Comment

in HS depends on the league. There is doubleheaders and solo jv/fresh which get you a way better fee. Fee and 1/2. This happens in north chapter - north leagues.

USO and their cronies are running a big corrupt monopoly. Many refs finding that out and sick and tired of low fees, paying late etc. And their leaders of PA,DA,LA,SD are clowns. They get their big assignor fees and refs get screwed. look at this latest thing with GPS as proof
                          You sound like someone with the name MW and I fricken love you if that's you! SDiL is a good guy though.

Comment

I love it. Someone finally going at these assignors who don’t give 2 f’s who they put in to Ref games. Talk about a group who has lost a grip on the landscape of their sport. All the people just mentioned are clowns. I never met a pompous bunch who think their s$&t doesn’t stink. Let’s not give JM and KM a pass either. South coast and RI. Mass Ref? Have you ever had to sit through a class with these bozos? It’s a shame especially when the best refs aren’t reffing anymore. Don’t tell me it’s money because it is. When they use to get $75 for a middle that was decent. $40 for a line in a high level 90 minute game is horrible. Increase their pay! Now with getting taxed and only paid once a month. It’s pathetic. It would be one thing of the good refs were still their to mentor refs but they are not. Kids are thrown to the wolves! Only sport where kids are reffing kids and all the while trying to manage adult personalities on the bench not to mention having to listen to A-hole parents on the sidelines. USO/Mass Ref you have a problem! Fix it! You suck!

Comment

With the spring season likely gone, this is going to make the current problem of referee shortages much worse. More elderly refs are going to retire and right now there are no new referees coming in to replace them. And the with so many people losing their jobs right now, most will not have the money to lay out to take the referee courses, get the background checks and to buy the uniforms and equipment.
                              Can we stop being doom and gloom about everything. This is not even close to a concern at the moment.

Comment

I love it. Someone finally going at these assignors who don’t give 2 f’s who they put in to Ref games. Talk about a group who has lost a grip on the landscape of their sport. All the people just mentioned are clowns. I never met a pompous bunch who think their s$&t doesn’t stink. Let’s not give JM and KM a pass either. South coast and RI. Mass Ref? Have you ever had to sit through a class with these bozos? It’s a shame especially when the best refs aren’t reffing anymore. Don’t tell me it’s money because it is. When they use to get $75 for a middle that was decent. $40 for a line in a high level 90 minute game is horrible. Increase their pay! Now with getting taxed and only paid once a month. It’s pathetic. It would be one thing of the good refs were still their to mentor refs but they are not. Kids are thrown to the wolves! Only sport where kids are reffing kids and all the while trying to manage adult personalities on the bench not to mention having to listen to A-hole parents on the sidelines. USO/Mass Ref you have a problem! Fix it! You suck!
                                Get.A.Real.Job. You loser.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X