Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im Jewsih. Why would I celebrate easter?
    Are you that insensitive? Been a long time since US was christian centric. You need to become more current with social norms. My kids would tell you to get woke.
    “Jewsih” - homynym for Juicy?
    Replace Communion wine with IPA, my kinda religion

Comment

A few sad cases, like the 31 year old in the Globe. Mostly its folks past their expiration date. Earth is awesome, it has a wonderful ability to regulate itself. Population Pruning
      Boston is planning that EVERY single bed in EVERY hospital will contain a COVID patient. How's that for your social pruning when you need a cancer bed or have a stroke or an MI? It will have an impact on your life too.

Comment

Perhaps, but I think during days of doom and gloom some are trying to stay optimistic. It is possible that things could resume in some parts of the country by late May but any kind of multi state play and certainly tournaments will be out. We'd all love to see some normalcy, but we also know that if the data isn't there then cancelling is totally appropriate.
        Exactly. As to the Eyeore's out there, some will always only see the glass as half full.

Also cancelling school has a lot to do with the teacher's union calling for it.

Comment

Boston is planning that EVERY single bed in EVERY hospital will contain a COVID patient. How's that for your social pruning when you need a cancer bed or have a stroke or an MI? It will have an impact on your life too.
          Well those are nice wishes for someone. At least with covid 19, if you don't have an underlying condition (diabetes 2 is taking the most), you will recover. The other diseases/events you noted, you may not.

Comment

Well those are nice wishes for someone. At least with covid 19, if you don't have an underlying condition (diabetes 2 is taking the most), you will recover. The other diseases/events you noted, you may not.
            Why would you read that as wishing that on someone? Talk about negativity. I'm giving a real scenario. I am saying see the big picture. Unfortunately those with other diagnosis will not have access to the medical care they need. This will impact all.

Comment

https://www.usclubsoccer.org/news_article/show/1098682

Club Soccer’s CEO letter starts out ok, but by the end it just shows what self-centered, insensitive a-holes are running the show. We have the experts saying we’ll see 100,000-200,000 dead if we somehow manage social distancing perfectly and a peak might be 2-3 weeks away. A peak doesn’t mean it disappears entirely either; this is definitely running into May, and probably June. So why after acknowledging that these are tough times and safety is the most important thing in the letter does he not just show leadership and say the season’s over and do the honorable thing and advocate for clubs to give refunds? Instead we get the season might be extended into July and it’s premature to inquire about refunds. Because in the end it’s not about families and players, it’s about keeping your money in their greedy pocket. Millions are losing there jobs! Thousands are dying! Show some dignity, Club Soccer, and do the right thing!
              If you just start refunding people now, there is also a cost to clubs/facilities/vendors. There are people who are dependent on that money. They just don't work for free. We have no idea what or where this is going. If they can get a partial season out of it they will. As it stands, you are going to see some clubs/facilities that you played for or at closing shop if this continues.

Comment

If schools are closed, you CANNOT and SHOULD NOT run any sports, especially club soccer. July is the earliest time to even consider, and that's doubtful. Make the smart decision, get ahead of this early and cancel until the Fall. Save a lot of headaches and anxiety.

Comment

Exactly. As to the Eyeore's out there, some will always only see the glass as half full.

Also cancelling school has a lot to do with the teacher's union calling for it.
                  No one knows better what petri dishes schools are than teachers. Since kids are often asymptomatic carriers for Covid I don't blame them for pushing to close early. It was the right call. NY waited way too late and is paying the price. I know MA numbers are scary but compared to NY we're in ok shape.

Comment

Buddy of mine just got out of the hospital in NJ after 13 days. He was lucky and didn't have to be on a vent. He lost 25 pounds and is still incredibly weak. He's 48 years old, ate right (looks sickly thin now), exercised regularly, only "underlying" issue was slight elevated blood pressure which was controlled with the lowest dose of medication available. His wife got it too - not their kids - and she was bed ridden for a week. Said it was awful but hers was considered "mild" for Covid. Thankfully their kids were old enough to kind of fend for themselves with the help of friends and family dropping off necessities. Imagine if they had been little and both parents were very ill?

In other words there are general stats on who gets hit the worst, but there are many outliers. There are millions of Americans with diabetes alone.

Comment

Buddy of mine just got out of the hospital in NJ after 13 days. He was lucky and didn't have to be on a vent. He lost 25 pounds and is still incredibly weak. He's 48 years old, ate right (looks sickly thin now), exercised regularly, only "underlying" issue was slight elevated blood pressure which was controlled with the lowest dose of medication available. His wife got it too - not their kids - and she was bed ridden for a week. Said it was awful but hers was considered "mild" for Covid. Thankfully their kids were old enough to kind of fend for themselves with the help of friends and family dropping off necessities. Imagine if they had been little and both parents were very ill?

In other words there are general stats on who gets hit the worst, but there are many outliers. There are millions of Americans with diabetes alone.
                      What's your point?
                      Shall I pull out my anecdotal sob stories and close calls among my friends. Just last week a friend of mine died of Heart Attack while exercising. Is he less noteworthy, because it wasn't COVID and align with your zeitgeist hysteria?

Comment

What's your point?
                        Shall I pull out my anecdotal sob stories and close calls among my friends. Just last week a friend of mine died of Heart Attack while exercising. Is he less noteworthy, because it wasn't COVID and align with your zeitgeist hysteria?
                        Go volunteer at a hospital if you think it's nothing to worry about

Comment

Go volunteer at a hospital if you think it's nothing to worry about
                          I don't go near sick people period. Why would I start now?

You some Sissy La La prancing around in his hysteria bonnet

Comment

I don't go near sick people period. Why would I start now?

You some Sissy La La prancing around in his hysteria bonnet
                            ^ calls it hysteria but won't it on the line 🤣 cons

Comment

^ calls it hysteria but won't it on the line 🤣 cons
                              Mad Libs, what a great idea!

_______ calls it hysteria, but won't _________ it on the line 🤣 ______[
                              name ——————————////////////verb or phrase...................pejorative

Comment

You people are all gonna be exposed with your insesnsitivity. I have a friend that is about to crack all your IP Adresses and is gonna find out who you’re.Expose you! Expose Club affiliation. Can’t wait. 2 more days and the frauds will be exposed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X