Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just for clarification, will there be NEP soccer this spring or not?
    Maybe, If schools are aloud to get back May 4th then maybe you could get some games in starting May 10th. I know some towns will not let you use their fields till schools are opened again. So it’s not even up to NEP anymore I think it will come down to towns opening the fields up to play. NEP could say play tomorrow but if the towns don’t ope there’s not much you can do. Even if a field is not on town property they could enforce a group max. If it’s 50 people that’s not that much if you are a place that has 2 fields.

Comment

Maybe, If schools are aloud to get back May 4th then maybe you could get some games in starting May 10th. I know some towns will not let you use their fields till schools are opened again. So it’s not even up to NEP anymore I think it will come down to towns opening the fields up to play. NEP could say play tomorrow but if the towns don’t ope there’s not much you can do. Even if a field is not on town property they could enforce a group max. If it’s 50 people that’s not that much if you are a place that has 2 fields.
      It's out of their hands and up to local or state officials to make calls. Leagues that have multi state travel may not be able to resume due to variations in local/state conditions

Comment

If there is any "spring" soccer it will be happening I feel like it would be towards the end of the school year and maybe into summer. I have seen a few people say june and july and that makes some sense to me. It depends on so much though its hard to say either way.

Comment

Just for clarification, will there be NEP soccer this spring or not?
          They haven't said, but there is zero chance of any soccer getting played this spring for an endless number of reasons.

Comment

Email from the US Club Soccer president was clear that they are following Federal and State guidelines right now, but that if a spring season wasn't feasible, playing a summer June-July season would be the next option.

Comment

Email from the US Club Soccer president was clear that they are following Federal and State guidelines right now, but that if a spring season wasn't feasible, playing a summer June-July season would be the next option.
              I wonder how many will be available. They are traditionally the vacation months. People may need them now more than ever.

Comment

Summer season will not work.

Comment

Summer season will not work. Clubs have already received revenue for the season & they need the summer camp revenue to survive. You can’t have a summer season while running day and overnight camps. Player Availability is going to be very, very low. Tons of families travel, tons of family are going to be scared getting their kids involved in group activities this close to getting out a world pandemic. There’s summer high school leagues and jamborees already planned. I’m just scratching the surface of the many hurdles that come along with this.

Comment

Seriously, is there going to be spring soccer or not?
                    Yes, but it won’t involve organized coaching and schedules.
                    It’s called pickup and most of the world plays it.
                    And they’re alot better at this game than we are.
                    Food for thought

Comment

If there’s no school, there’s no soccer.
                      This is why we’re no good...

Comment

This is why we’re no good...
                        Safety is first priority.

Comment

Girls Jeff Cup July 18-19

Comment

Yes, but it won’t involve organized coaching and schedules.
                            It’s called pickup and most of the world plays it.
                            And they’re alot better at this game than we are.
                            Food for thought
                            Social distancing killed pickup games. They are zip tying the gates to your favorite soccer park and locking the goals together. Seasons over. Stay inside and survive to see another.

Comment

Social distancing killed pickup games. They are zip tying the gates to your favorite soccer park and locking the goals together. Seasons over. Stay inside and survive to see another.
                              No reason why we can’t start the spring season June 1. Still technically spring, good weather, safer, lots will be better by then. Jeff cup on July.

Comment

No reason why we can’t start the spring season June 1. Still technically spring, good weather, safer, lots will be better by then. Jeff cup on July.
                                Who said there was girls jeff cup in July? where r u getting this info from?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X