Refund Thread 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the fact that some clubs are “for profit” and others are “non-profit” factor in to giving refunds?

My point being why are not for profit clubs keeping $?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Scattered reports are that some event organizers aren't refunding $ or only giving partials. Big events typically have cancellation insurance but i've no idea if this would be covered.
      Jefferson Cup are not refunded anyone, anything.

Comment

Should the fact that some clubs are “for profit” and others are “non-profit” factor in to giving refunds?

My point being why are not for profit clubs keeping $?
        Because in reality it's just a tax hack. Put a few friends and family in your "board " that don't do anything other than give the owner(s)* a nice big salary. The downside is to the tax savings is toy have to file publicly available 990s but even those are still limited in information.

* yes I know technically a non profit club doesn't have an "owner." but really they do. The founders just make themselves the DOC or president or whatever and their "board" rubber rubber stamps everything. Exceptions are more community based rec and travel programs that actually elect boards from the community

Comment

Can you provide a link to the Bolts financials? It seems like a bit of trolling that you randomly pick out one club. I would think that the Bolts payroll is much higher than $200k as well. With DA/ECNL/NEP I would guess they have around 50 teams. That would mean each coach is only being paid $4k, let alone what the Directors receive for pay.
          BA makes approx $200 k

Comment

Jefferson Cup are not refunded anyone, anything.
            Where are you seeing that?

Comment

Because in reality it's just a tax hack. Put a few friends and family in your "board " that don't do anything other than give the owner(s)* a nice big salary. The downside is to the tax savings is toy have to file publicly available 990s but even those are still limited in information.

* yes I know technically a non profit club doesn't have an "owner." but really they do. The founders just make themselves the DOC or president or whatever and their "board" rubber rubber stamps everyhing. Exceptions are more community based rec and travel programs that actually elect boards from the community
              I fully understand how it works, but it doesn’t answer the question posed.

Comment

BA makes approx $200 k
                And add in his NU coaching salary that makes him the Gypsy King of Canton $

Comment

I fully understand how it works, but it doesn’t answer the question posed.
                  It kind of does - an owner, be it non or for profit, makes the decisions on any possible refunds. How much he decides to give back will depend on each clubs costs of course, but will also depend on what an owner values - taking care of their employees and customers vs themselves. There have been stories coming out about CEOs forgoing their packages to give their workers. Those are the kinds of companies you want to solicit or work for. Same with the airlines - some were great about full refunds, others begrudgingly are giving out credits that you have to use fairly quickly. We had to cancel several flights on different airline, but I know who will be getting my business next time.

Comment

It kind of does - an owner, be it non or for profit, makes the decisions on any possible refunds. How much he decides to give back will depend on each clubs costs of course, but will also depend on what an owner values - taking care of their employees and customers vs themselves. There have been stories coming out about CEOs forgoing their packages to give their workers. Those are the kinds of companies you want to solicit or work for. Same with the airlines - some were great about full refunds, others begrudgingly are giving out credits that you have to use fairly quickly. We had to cancel several flights on different airline, but I know who will be getting my business next time.
                    Many clubs will give a rebate or voucher for a discount next season. They can than increase the yearly fees, add ons etc and come out fine. Actually this is a good money grab opportunity. The clubs do not have to pay staff, field time, tournaments, league fees.
                    You the parent will eat this cost and say thank you may i have another....because thats what you crazy soccer parents do.

Comment

And add in his NU coaching salary that makes him the Gypsy King of Canton $
                      Welcome to 2020. He left NU three years ago. Don't let the facts get in the way DB

Comment

I for one will not be asking for a refund. Local youth soccer is basically a small business. If they get squeezed too much, like any other business, people will start to loose their jobs and eventually move on to something else. In the end our kids and the local economy will suffer.
                        Sure the owners of these clubs probably make too much money, but like any business they will have to weigh the cost to themselves versus the cost to all of their employees and to the greater community. I trust it will balance out in the end. And for now I will continue to support them like I do with our local restaurants and shops.

Comment

Welcome to 2020. He left NU three years ago. Don't let the facts get in the way DB
                          Oh sorry!i didn’t know! He left? How come ? Please inform me.

Comment

The other thread is full of moron's.

Simple question...Has any club offered refunds, if so, who? Do not need your useless opinions, just facts!
                            I would say most clubs are waiting until every season is officially canceled and they will make their decision at that point

Comment

“Who will be getting my business next time”
                              This is actually a perfect analogy. Despite your keyboard flexing you will choose the airline and soccer club that can actually get you where you hope to go. If you want the direct route, your choices are limited. If you are willing to go the extra mile or work a connection, by all means exercise your loyalty

Comment

Oh sorry!i didn’t know! He left? How come ? Please inform me.
                                Such ancient news. Literally years ago. Brought his son in to play after he bombed at Stanford, possibly violating NCAA rules but definitely giving him tons of PT. Needless to say it didn't go over well

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X