Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For the short term that argument wins - until another local club has an ECNL program to make an apples to apples club comparison. Like comparing a thoroughbred to a
    Miniature horse. Everyone knows recruiters will go to ECNL showcases, etc rather than AC/DC tournament.

But since you’re talking about Competitive ‘05 teams, really only apples to apples comparison would be the ‘05 TBU FSPL team.

They sit 4th place CDL league - Won 4 Lost 2, Tied 1 - lost 2-0 to FL Premier Elite 1 (but won 3-2 FSPL), scoreless against Dunedin Chargers, lost to Plant City by forfeit, and barely beat FL Premier Elite 2 1-0. Not rather earth shattering stuff for the “best” club in Tampa Bay.

Unless your kid is skilled enough to play ECNL (most aren’t) - or TBU gets better coaches at competitive level outside ECNL in these more true apple to apple comparisons- lots of other clubs outside of TBU where you can find success, CDL, FSPL, NPL - results on the field don’t lie.
    What? Just because something makes sense in your own head doesn't mean it will make sense in the real world. '05 FSPL Team?? Where did that even come from?

Anyways back here on planet Earth we'll continue to judge a clubs success by the most unbiased judge: the college coach.

PS. Thanks for that CDL play by play. Fascinating stuff!

Comment

The #1 way to determine the best club is by college commitments. The reason is simple. College coaches do not care about stupid local politics, boards of directors, rivalries, or preferential treatment. College coaches only care about winning, because their jobs are on the line.

For this reason college coaches will be the most unbiased judges anywhere. They will find the best and most developed players that will help them win games. Period.

The above comment is for competitive play of course. For rec play the best will be determined by a whole different set of criteria such as the niceness of the coaches, how close it is to home etc. But that's a different conversation.
      Unless every player from the club is getting an offer, this is not a good measuring standard. Some players will do well, some well not. The point is, the clubs training your kids has a less than 10% success rate. Do you think the success rate is because of the kids or the clubs? Everyone is excited about ex tbu coaches. If they could train and develop they would not need a club. How many parents would not pay 50 to 100 dollars an hour, if coaches and trainer could deliver real results. I have heard all the fancy soccer lingo. I have read about your accomplishment and coaching licenses. Show me what you can do with the players you pick.

Comment

Unless every player from the club is getting an offer, this is not a good measuring standard. Some players will do well, some well not. The point is, the clubs training your kids has a less than 10% success rate. Do you think the success rate is because of the kids or the clubs? Everyone is excited about ex tbu coaches. If they could train and develop they would not need a club. How many parents would not pay 50 to 100 dollars an hour, if coaches and trainer could deliver real results. I have heard all the fancy soccer lingo. I have read about your accomplishment and coaching licenses. Show me what you can do with the players you pick.
        "Some will do well, some will not". Isn't this real life? That's why you have a top team and teams below. The best players will be at the top. You can't have and ECNL roster of 75 players. You have to make tough choices and the top players will make it to the top teams and eventually, hopefully get recruited. TBU ECNL 02 has 22 girls currently committed. TBU also has several non-ECNL committed as well.

Sorry. Although it would be nice, not every player can or wants to play in college. Like I said, this is reality.

Comment

This logic makes sense only if you have an ECNL program.

If TBU’s ECNL program was given to Oldsmar, with your logic, all the sudden Oldsmar would be the best club because the top competitive players would be flocking to be on the only ECNL team in the area.

Just because you have an ECNL team doesn’t mean it’s truly one club. Since when do parents (or coaches) from Waters go to Ed Radice, Palm Harbor or Monroe MS? Cut out ECNL and TBU is just another club. Kinda like cutting Bama or LSU out of SEC football. You kinda lose the argument for SEC dominance when you lack the program(s) you need to make the argument work. It isn’t the club, it’s the opportunities that ECNL can provide that entices the talent. Parents get that - whether their kid is in ECNL or not.

So back to logic - if the premise is TBU is the best club because they have ECNL - test it when there is another local club that has an ECNL program to compare , or, compare clubs and their teams without ECNL being in the equation. To do otherwise is simply disingenuous.

Comment

If TBU’s ECNL program was given to Oldsmar, with your logic, all the sudden Oldsmar would be the best club because the top competitive players would be flocking to be on the only ECNL team in the area.

Just because you have an ECNL team doesn’t mean it’s truly one club. Since when do parents (or coaches) from Waters go to Ed Radice, Palm Harbor or Monroe MS? Cut out ECNL and TBU is just another club. Kinda like cutting Bama or LSU out of SEC football. You kinda lose the argument for SEC dominance when you lack the program(s) you need to make the argument work. It isn’t the club, it’s the opportunities that ECNL can provide that entices the talent. Parents get that - whether their kid is in ECNL or not.

So back to logic - if the premise is TBU is the best club because they have ECNL - test it when there is another local club that has an ECNL program to compare , or, compare clubs and their teams without ECNL being in the equation. To do otherwise is simply disingenuous.
            WFF was the best club when they had ECNL, TBU was second. Then WFF got the GDA and Pre DA making them the first and second club, TBU the 3rd Club. Now WFF has gone to the DPL making them only the first with TBU now becoming the 2nd again.

Comment

Lets go haters, lets hear you now, DB and her husband CB quit TBU to join Florida Premier FC.
              Florida Premier is a train wreck. They will eventually realize that once the smoke clears.

Comment

The #1 way to determine the best club is by college commitments. The reason is simple. College coaches do not care about stupid local politics, boards of directors, rivalries, or preferential treatment. College coaches only care about winning, because their jobs are on the line.

For this reason college coaches will be the most unbiased judges anywhere. They will find the best and most developed players that will help them win games. Period.

The above comment is for competitive play of course. For rec play the best will be determined by a whole different set of criteria such as the niceness of the coaches, how close it is to home etc. But that's a different conversation.
                Celtic G03 and G02 seem to be doing just fine. Class of 2021 already has 5 commitments with at least 2-3 more to come.

Comment

As already stated “ For rec play the best will be determined by a whole different set of criteria such as the niceness of the coaches, how close it is to home etc. But that's a different conversation.”.

The question was: “What’s the best club in Tampa area?”

The question was not “What's the best non-ECNL / non-DA club?”

The way to determine the best club is to have an outside entity judging you. The best outside judges are college coaches because they are not emotionally invested.

Once you take away that outside entity then the argument becomes nebulous and anything goes. We have the best coaches, no we have the best development, no we have the best fields, no we have the hottest moms, no we have the uniforms etc. When it comes to settling this argument, I’m out because there will never be an answer anyone can agree upon.

Comment

Whether ECNL is at TBU, Oldsmar or Tarpon Springs, you have a better chance when playing on an ECNL team to get recruited than not. That is probably a fact. So stop beating your drum about TBU. It could be any club that has that opportunity.

To say that any player who isn’t on an ECNL team is Rec is ridiculous. Many good competitive players choose not to play ECNL.

Comment

As former Celic's coach I'm glad to see club like Florida Premier is improving alot, and is becoming one of the betters clubs around the area. I really hope they get ECNL or DA, maybe better option would be ECNL, since TBU is the one club around here that has ECNL. Question is why do we need to hate any club, I love seeing clubs around our area making good moves and offering certain leagues and hiring quality coaches. Of course I think TBU is still best club in Tampa Bay, but I also believe that Florida Premier is right behind them, surpassing CC and WFF both with numbers and quality. Lets face it, their academy and junior teams are by far best in the area. And this is good for heathy competition. On other clubs around area, CC is losing lots of players to TBU, don't know why, WFF are doing same old bussiness with Yoyo, Strictly Soccer always same, no quality just kick ball stuff, and for Celtic, I strongly believe they could get into ECNL since they have quality teams....leys see if Jonny can do sme magic and bring ECNL to Pinellas county.

Comment

Whether ECNL is at TBU, Oldsmar or Tarpon Springs, you have a better chance when playing on an ECNL team to get recruited than not. That is probably a fact. So stop beating your drum about TBU. It could be any club that has that opportunity.

To say that any player who isn’t on an ECNL team is Rec is ridiculous. Many good competitive players choose not to play ECNL.
                        That’s fine. The best ECNL and DA clubs are judged by their recruitment success. That’s easy to define.

In my opinion Celtic is also doing well as their recruitment is surpassing WFF, which is a truly shocking fact considering WFF have made a complete mockery of the privilege they were given to have a DA program.

However, if you want to know “the best” non-Da, non-ECNL club then you have to set yourself a criteria by which you can be judged. If they are not necessarily focused on college recruitment, then state some other concrete ways by which they can be measured otherwise the argument is moot.

Comment

As former Celic's coach I'm glad to see club like Florida Premier is improving alot, and is becoming one of the betters clubs around the area. I really hope they get ECNL or DA, maybe better option would be ECNL, since TBU is the one club around here that has ECNL. Question is why do we need to hate any club, I love seeing clubs around our area making good moves and offering certain leagues and hiring quality coaches. Of course I think TBU is still best club in Tampa Bay, but I also believe that Florida Premier is right behind them, surpassing CC and WFF both with numbers and quality. Lets face it, their academy and junior teams are by far best in the area. And this is good for heathy competition. On other clubs around area, CC is losing lots of players to TBU, don't know why, WFF are doing same old bussiness with Yoyo, Strictly Soccer always same, no quality just kick ball stuff, and for Celtic, I strongly believe they could get into ECNL since they have quality teams....leys see if Jonny can do sme magic and bring ECNL to Pinellas county.
                          You don't need three ecnl clubs with in 20 miles of each other. The fact that you mentioned that, show the true motive of all clubs and coaches in the area. Basically, what you are saying is bring your money here. We have ecnl too. Show the tampa bay area you can train and develop good soccer player. Parents will be beating down the door begging to join. As a former coach of the celtic, please tell us. What did you do for the players you coach?
                          Why are you an ex celtic coach?

Comment

It’s nice to see an open minded and objective post. I’m a Celtic parent and I disagree with you about Celtic getting ECNL. The reason is simple: money and number of players. It mainly money. TBU would not welcome the “competition” as it could mean a potential lose of revenue for their club. Unfortunately soccer is a huge business and competition wouldn’t be good for TBU’s business.

Oh yeah...get ready for the trolls though.

Comment

You don't need three ecnl clubs with in 20 miles of each other. The fact that you mentioned that, show the true motive of all clubs and coaches in the area. Basically, what you are saying is bring your money here. We have ecnl too. Show the tampa bay area you can train and develop good soccer player. Parents will be beating down the door begging to join. As a former coach of the celtic, please tell us. What did you do for the players you coach?
                              Why are you an ex celtic coach?
                              Just curious ....Why are interested in why this person is an ex Celtic coach? What do you mean by, what did you do for the players you coach? Trying to understand you thought process behind these questions.

Comment

Just curious ....Why are interested in why this person is an ex Celtic coach? What do you mean by, what did you do for the players you coach? Trying to understand you thought process behind these questions.
                                I am trying to understand, why you want to understand. What is your interest in all of this? Are you the ex Celtic coach?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X