X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GPS Timeline of Events
    Week of April 13th: Players will be made aware of their status for the 2020/21 Season.
    Players will be provided one of the following below:
    Congratulations based on your performance I would like to offer you a full roster spot on the (XXX Team/Program) for the 2020/21 Season.
    Congratulations, I would like to offer you a full roster spot on the (XXX Team) for the 2020/2021 Season. Once you lock in your roster spot I would also like you to register and attend the tryout for the higher team within your region/program.
    At this point in time I would like to see more from you in these specific area's (A. B. C.) before deciding on your roster spot for the 2020/2021 Season. You will be made aware of your status by June 1st 2020.
    Once players have received their status or offer for the 2020/2021 season they will be provided a deadline to complete registration. Any player that wants to tryout for a higher tier would need to complete the registration for the team spot offered prior to heading to the tryout. For all current players a tryout for a higher tier would be based on a nomination by the current head coach, players will be unable to attend a tryout if not agreed with current head coach.
    Players that have been offered full roster spots for the 2020/21 season will receive their offer via email with a 48 hour window to complete registration. If registration is not completed within agreed deadline then the team spot would be available to be taken at the club tryouts.
    Given the sh*t show that has transpired with GPS in the recent months, this comes at no surprise.

It also goes to show that the club clearly only cares about the $.

Why do you need to pre offer a NEP lower level player a month in advance of tryouts?

Comment

For all current players a tryout for a higher tier would be based on a nomination by the current head coach, players will be unable to attend a tryout if not agreed with current head coach.
      Kind of a sidebar, but I don't like the smell of this particular requirement. What if the higher tier coach evaluates differently than the current coach and sees something different in a player? What if the current coach has some kind of bias against a player and doesn't want to nominate? This is suggesting a kid coming from a lower tier NEFC team, for example, would have more of an opportunity to make the higher tier GPS team than lower tier GPS players.

Comment

The pre-offers would be more credible if they did it for their NPL players, but heck, NEWSFLASH no League 1, League 2 level players need to sign this early. This is a scam and complete money grab.

Not even Da or ECNL teams send out pre-offers this early, but league 1, league 2 GPS players have to? Give me a break.

Comment

The pre-offers would be more credible if they did it for their NPL players, but heck, NEWSFLASH no League 1, League 2 level players need to sign this early. This is a scam and complete money grab.

Not even Da or ECNL teams send out pre-offers this early, but league 1, league 2 GPS players have to? Give me a break.
          Wonder if they are doing these offers for their NPL teams to try to keep kids from looking at other options during the spring...

Comment

Wonder if they are doing these offers for their NPL teams to try to keep kids from looking at other options during the spring...
            I take this as a given.

Comment

GPS Timeline of Events
              Week of April 13th: Players will be made aware of their status for the 2020/21 Season.
              Players will be provided one of the following below:
              Congratulations based on your performance I would like to offer you a full roster spot on the (XXX Team/Program) for the 2020/21 Season.
              Congratulations, I would like to offer you a full roster spot on the (XXX Team) for the 2020/2021 Season. Once you lock in your roster spot I would also like you to register and attend the tryout for the higher team within your region/program.
              At this point in time I would like to see more from you in these specific area's (A. B. C.) before deciding on your roster spot for the 2020/2021 Season. You will be made aware of your status by June 1st 2020.
              Once players have received their status or offer for the 2020/2021 season they will be provided a deadline to complete registration. Any player that wants to tryout for a higher tier would need to complete the registration for the team spot offered prior to heading to the tryout. For all current players a tryout for a higher tier would be based on a nomination by the current head coach, players will be unable to attend a tryout if not agreed with current head coach.
              Players that have been offered full roster spots for the 2020/21 season will receive their offer via email with a 48 hour window to complete registration. If registration is not completed within agreed deadline then the team spot would be available to be taken at the club tryouts.
              We were with GPS 3 years ago and process was exactly the same.
              Nothing new here, the sky hasn't fallen yet.

Comment

We were with GPS 3 years ago and process was exactly the same.
                Nothing new here, the sky hasn't fallen yet.
                Yes but you miss the point. This thread was started because GPS haters are unhappy that the bashing threads have dropped way down the list. People stopped responding because the whole GPS topic is old and boring.

Comment

Yes but you miss the point. This thread was started because GPS haters are unhappy that the bashing threads have dropped way down the list. People stopped responding because the whole GPS topic is old and boring.
                  But the girls 2007 thread will never die!

Comment

Seems that they have communicated a plan giving people ample time to decide if they want to register or not and why should a club differentiate between offers based on a level? My son is a league 1 level player and if he gets a team offer early he will be excited, I’m fine with that.

How about the original poster or someone with an axe to grind posts every clubs date, bet there won’t be much time difference. Let’s not be desperate for a new Gps thread, we already have plenty

Comment

Given the sh*t show that has transpired with GPS in the recent months, this comes at no surprise.

It also goes to show that the club clearly only cares about the $.

Why do you need to pre offer a NEP lower level player a month in advance of tryouts?
                      By moving it forward all they care about is the $? Is money worth more if it arrives in different months?

Troll

Comment

I disagree, the OP never even mentioned which club it was, that only came to light by a previous poster.

Sorry gps parent.

Comment

No different than that big Lancaster club.
                          Or the Hingham club

Comment

a) this is not GPS only
                            b) this is not new

please move along. Each club has their own theories and practices for securing commitments and upgrading rosters. One way and one club are not better than other.

Comment

a) this is not GPS only
                              b) this is not new

please move along. Each club has their own theories and practices for securing commitments and upgrading rosters. One way and one club are not better than other.
                              why don't you "please move along," it's a reasonable topic to discuss and clearly there are some new things to say this year.

Comment

I disagree, the OP never even mentioned which club it was, that only came to light by a previous poster.

Sorry gps parent.
                                The OP knew the question would come up. That’s obvious. Don’t be naive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X