Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How do you know that about Europe? Are you European? In Europe academy players who don’t make first or second division still have a chance to go to college (basically free) and keep playing semi professionally in third or forth division whose level is similar to college or USL in US. In Europe in an area the size of South Florida there are two first division clubs, three second division and five or six third division. Just to compare the chances that US players and European players have to make some money by doing what they love.
    Im not European. But my vwife is English. I know several former Premier League but more importantly I know a bunch of championship division English League players. Not a single one of them went through an academy. Its no different in terms of players washing out. If youbsyick with an academy for years you absolutelybdo have a chance, but 3rd and 4th division soccer is not much more lucrative than a regular 9-5 and a lot less secure. So I would also suggest that you look at the background of a lot of MLS players from Europe, they are former European academy grads and they end up here. And they are NOT so superior to the American.products. So yes the MLS academies are not comparable in terms of training but the results are pretty much the same, a ton of kids who don't make it as professionals. Myvargumentbis that there is nothing wrong with not achieving that dream, its professional sports in general and thats how it is. ButvI just dont agree with commenters on this blog that actvlike Europe is any different in producing professionals. Those clubs are pulling players from all over the world. Check how many American kids are now in Germany, or how many Caribbean kids are in Belgium. Its actually a thing..

Comment

Please Write an Email and complain, if they dont hear your voice, they cant fix anything:

niki.budalic@intermiamifc.com
      jurgen.mainka@intermiamifc.com
      paul.mcdonough@intermiamifc.com
      kurt.schmid@intermiamifc.com
      jason.kreis@intermiamifc.com

Comment

There was no reason to reinvent the wheel, all they had to do was bring in some experienced coaches from Europe to train local coaches and to help startup the academy. It would also be very helpful if they finally bring in the head coach...first of all because the season starts in like 3 months and there is still no MLS team, second so that he can take over and starts evaluating the current coaches and dictating a standard for the academy.

Comment

There was no reason to reinvent the wheel, all they had to do was bring in some experienced coaches from Europe to train local coaches and to help startup the academy. It would also be very helpful if they finally bring in the head coach...first of all because the season starts in like 3 months and there is still no MLS team, second so that he can take over and starts evaluating the current coaches and dictating a standard for the academy.
          Like was stated earlier when they brought in Pastore , Michia and the other Weston Stooges — they can control the narrative for quite some time— and the last thing they would ever do is bring in a real coach (example Weston Mirco) who would rock the boat. They have a 3 year ticket but eventually their act will be exposed and life goes on.

Comment

Like was stated earlier when they brought in Pastore , Michia and the other Weston Stooges — they can control the narrative for quite some time— and the last thing they would ever do is bring in a real coach (example Weston Mirco) who would rock the boat. They have a 3 year ticket but eventually their act will be exposed and life goes on.
            Plus Michia May have the best fake smile I’ve seen in my entire soccer life! It’s world class

Comment

Sure lol!, 5 star treatment, free gear , free travel expenses, top competition at practice, top tournaments GA cup, showcases ,ICC cup , state of the art facility being built. Sure I don't want my kid to be part of it!Hahaha. I rather pay hahahhahah.wait! Hahahaahahaha.
              Again I say how is the training and coach? I don't care I they are giving away gold shoe laces..I ask how are the coaches and training ? You sounded like a pompous jerk with a paper azz with your comment..😉

Comment

Club sounds like a jerkoff too me😂

Comment

Again I say how is the training and coach? I don't care I they are giving away gold shoe laces..I ask how are the coaches and training ? You sounded like a pompous jerk with a paper azz with your comment..😉
                  Sure bud! It is the best there is to offer in the entire state and your kid isn't part of it , if he was you would know the training is the same or better than your pay to play club.

Comment

Sure bud! It is the best there is to offer in the entire state and your kid isn't part of it , if he was you would know the training is the same or better than your pay to play club.
                    Definitely not the entire state. If you can’t develop others catch up. OC has better coaching staff, it will catch up to Miami

Comment

My kid plays club soccer and is free for him because of performance...your a da hugger and totally been fooled..did 2 seasons with da ..never again..don't care I it's free..it's all the same bull**** at all the clubs..training from a book and programmed coaches who are handcuffed

Comment

My kid plays club soccer and is free for him because of performance...your a da hugger and totally been fooled..did 2 seasons with da ..never again..don't care I it's free..it's all the same bull**** at all the clubs..training from a book and programmed coaches who are handcuffed
                        You are so right. Every DA club plays the same system and it’s no wonder why US soccer is so far behind??? It’s the blind leading the blind. I’d be happy to pay for a program done the right way — any of us would be.

Comment

You are so right. Every DA club plays the same system and it’s no wonder why US soccer is so far behind??? It’s the blind leading the blind. I’d be happy to pay for a program done the right way — any of us would be.
                          I would also say this in fairness to Inter Miami- yes if your kid is content playing 4-5 hour a week and a game on weekend against your own age level— it’s perfectly fine but it’s no better than Kendall, Weston, Boca or any other DA except it’s free. If you think your kid is truly developing to an advanced level ar Inter Miami other than college— than you have no idea what it takes to get to another level of soccer and that won’t do it for any kid.

Comment

I would also say this in fairness to Inter Miami- yes if your kid is content playing 4-5 hour a week and a game on weekend against your own age level— it’s perfectly fine but it’s no better than Kendall, Weston, Boca or any other DA except it’s free. If you think your kid is truly developing to an advanced level ar Inter Miami other than college— than you have no idea what it takes to get to another level of soccer and that won’t do it for any kid.
                            I’ve often compared US soccer to US junior tennis players. DA soccer as we all know if way behind compared to the rest of the soccer world trains in a good week what 8 hours- and probably not qualify but let’s say 8 hours. US tennis who has developed top 20 players in both men’s and women’s tennis junior players train up to 4 hours a day 5 days a week from and tournaments on weekends? Does anyone think any of these Junior tennis players would have been a top 20 player in the world on the soccer schedule of 8 hours? Just saying not hard to figure it out. Inter has done 4-5 hours a week so far in the first half????

Comment

And the alternative option is?

Comment

How about some quality over quantity!!! Let’s start with that, where you going to get that. All of these clubs you mention don’t provide that

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X