Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    5 kids from the state of Washington, the hotbed of youth soccer. You are telling me that Florida with 20 million people can't produce 1 04 national teamer?
    This has nothing to do with talent, it’s the good old boy system... that’s why we suck at the international level

Comment

This has nothing to do with talent, it’s the good old boy system... that’s why we suck at the international level
      I wouldn't say it's a good ole boy system, it just seems strange that most of the kids that have been selected are from the west coast and none at all from Florida and only 1 in the southeast. I have seen some outstanding 04's in Florida, but I will wait to pass total judgement until I see that team play. However, after having watched recently the 02 team and 03 team, there are players on those national rosters that are not nearly as good as some players that I have seen in the DA's in FL and the southeast, in their respective positions. It is just hard to understand what the national team scouts see and don't see.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's a good ole boy system, it just seems strange that most of the kids that have been selected are from the west coast and none at all from Florida and only 1 in the southeast. I have seen some outstanding 04's in Florida, but I will wait to pass total judgement until I see that team play. However, after having watched recently the 02 team and 03 team, there are players on those national rosters that are not nearly as good as some players that I have seen in the DA's in FL and the southeast, in their respective positions. It is just hard to understand what the national team scouts see and don't see.
        Unfortunately it is what it is , coach A is buddies with one of the scouts, tells him about x player , who gets an extra look ...

At this level, if you have been identified and invited to any of these camps , most likely you can play pretty well... the skill level is pretty much the same with this group .. all defenders and holding mids play same style with little exception, so to get picked means someone pushed for you , like previous poster mentioned , good ole boy system

Different story with attacking mids and forwards , we lack here due to lots of reasons , including no individualism allowed during practices , same one touch passing etc etc don’t try anything outside the box etc

Comment

Unfortunately it is what it is , coach A is buddies with one of the scouts, tells him about x player , who gets an extra look ...

At this level, if you have been identified and invited to any of these camps , most likely you can play pretty well... the skill level is pretty much the same with this group .. all defenders and holding mids play same style with little exception, so to get picked means someone pushed for you , like previous poster mentioned , good ole boy system

Different story with attacking mids and forwards , we lack here due to lots of reasons , including no individualism allowed during practices , same one touch passing etc etc don’t try anything outside the box etc
          That's why we should not keep score until U15. It would be nice to grade players on their technical ability and that's it. The rest can be taught later. But winning is more important to the parents.....and they pay!!

Comment

All the 04's down here suck so bad... specially the weston ones. Kendall has a few good ones and boca has one Brazilian that just moved up to the 03 but has no left foot.

Comment

Things will change when Beckham comes to town.... Marcelo is still retarded
              Nothing changed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X