Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS NH Announcement

GPS NH wish to inform members that we the decision has been made with immediate effect to suspend all training, games and related travel for GPS NH through Sunday March 22nd, due to the latest developments of the COVID-19 virus rapidly changing information. This follows the same situation with all NH and MA soccer clubs protocol at the moment.

We will continue to monitor the situation in and will provide a further update on or before Monday March 23rd.

We strongly recommend that you review the New Hampshire Center for Disease Control’s website for the most up to date information: COVID-19 Information. For additional information, please click here to refer to the CDC website.

We apologize for the short notice for those of you training this evening. I know we all agree that the safety of our employees, coaches, players and families is our highest priority, wish you all well and appreciate your help during this difficult period.

Keith Caldwell
    CEO

Got an email from GPS NH. They are letting coaches go. Why? I think I know the answer...$ No practices, no games no coaches = $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Got an email from GPS NH. They are letting coaches go. Why? I think I know the answer...$ No practices, no games no coaches = $$$
      They let go all of their coaches. Crazy!

Comment

They let go all of their coaches. Crazy!
        Those that are FT, which there are quite a few, can now collect unemployment. Same as any other industry feeling the effects right now.

Hopefully they can be hired back. If not, I know of a couple who will be hot commodities.

Comment

Those that are FT, which there are quite a few, can now collect unemployment. Same as any other industry feeling the effects right now.

Hopefully they can be hired back. If not, I know of a couple who will be hot commodities.
          Why would they let all coaches go when all the families have already paid for the 19/20 season? They’ve already banked that season money?

Comment

Why would they let all coaches go when all the families have already paid for the 19/20 season? They’ve already banked that season money?
            I'm sure the GPS Memorial Tournament is in jeopardy. Camp registrations are likely down. Field rental income has dried up.

Their revenue stream comes from various sources, most/all of which are non-existent right now. Player tuition is still paid, yes, but unless leagues start to give money back, their expenses haven't dropped.

Comment

All coaches have NOT been let go. JP & LW are still working, but others are furloughed, not sure if some can get unemployment on visa's

Comment

All coaches have NOT been let go. JP & LW are still working, but others are furloughed, not sure if some can get unemployment on visa's
                Yes but they’ve taken a dramatic paycut

Comment

Good news on JP & LW. Both quality coaches and people. Wise to keep them on the payroll as those are two names I mentioned earlier wouldn't be out of work for long should they choose to look around. And, no, we are not with GPS-NH any longer but hold them no ill will.

Comment

If they are letting coaches go and my kid will not receive the same consistent quality coaching they are used to, I am demanding a refund. I suggest all other GPS parents request the same to show support for the coaches that are being let go.

Comment

If they are letting coaches go and my kid will not receive the same consistent quality coaching they are used to, I am demanding a refund. I suggest all other GPS parents request the same to show support for the coaches that are being let go.
                      This is likely temporary, like everyone being impacted right now. When the leagues come back, and the clubs come back, the teams will come back and I image the coaches, too. Where else where many of them go?

Comment

Well visa workers can't collect unemployment and if they aren't working they will probably be forced to leave the country within a short time frame. I'm not an immigration lawyer though.

Comment

Good news on JP & LW. Both quality coaches and people. Wise to keep them on the payroll as those are two names I mentioned earlier wouldn't be out of work for long should they choose to look around. And, no, we are not with GPS-NH any longer but hold them no ill will.
                          GPS NH moved away from the Visa coach model and have been adding quality local coaches for some time now. From the sounds of it the way it was handled was poor. As many noted it was an evening conference call. The NH teams have been paid up so putting coaches on furlough so quickly was unnecessary, could've waited a month, that wouldn't have bankrupted the club. Nor is there a need to reduce by 50% the last few FT coaches.

Comment

GPS NH moved away from the Visa coach model and have been adding quality local coaches for some time now. From the sounds of it the way it was handled was poor. As many noted it was an evening conference call. The NH teams have been paid up so putting coaches on furlough so quickly was unnecessary, could've waited a month, that wouldn't have bankrupted the club. Nor is there a need to reduce by 50% the last few FT coaches.
                            Actually, getting them in a situation where they can get some money as soon as possible with them having no income coming in may have been the best solution. Field rentals for GPS-NH is huge revenue for them.

Now, I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't make payroll without the field rental income.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X