Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who’s Pete?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My dd is depressed. Was hoping Spring would help her in the recruiting process. Not a D1 level player. Now SATs are unknown. Her video is not good so was hoping to get footage this spring and summer. I feel for all the other families in this position.
      The upside is there is no recruiting going on right now with the entire country shut down. Your D should be emailing and calling coaches, working on her fitness and ball skills on her own every day. She might not have game footage, but she can certainly put together a training video to show coaches she is motivated and pushing through this. Her club should be facilitating this as well. I know my D’s club had them do team juggling videos with each individual player recording their own footage.

This is a teaching moment and she needs to know there is hope, but only if she doesn’t give up.

Comment

The upside is there is no recruiting going on right now with the entire country shut down. Your D should be emailing and calling coaches, working on her fitness and ball skills on her own every day. She might not have game footage, but she can certainly put together a training video to show coaches she is motivated and pushing through this. Her club should be facilitating this as well. I know my D’s club had them do team juggling videos with each individual player recording their own footage.

This is a teaching moment and she needs to know there is hope, but only if she doesn’t give up.
        Yes to everything but please don't send training video's to a coach. That means nothing.

Comment

Yes to everything but please don't send training video's to a coach. That means nothing.
          Unless you are a goalkeeper.

Comment

What will happen to all the 21s who haven’t committed yet.

Comment

Seems like Id events scheduled for earlier in the summer are being pushed into August. Hopefully those still happen. Most times athletes apply ED or EA but that might have to change if they don't even have a spot yet. Or maybe they still go ahead and apply easrly and hope they get one later. I wouldn't be surprised if some programs that already had a few recruits locked up will not actively look for more and hope a few drop in their laps later with walk ons. I mean if you're bringing in 6-8 players and have 4-5 of your first picks, will the last few make a big difference to your program? will they be contributors or practice cones?

Comment

They should be concerned about deferrals from the ‘20s.

Comment

Has anyone’s 2021 offer changed during Covid19? Or have coaches implied the terms of the offer could change??

Comment

Has anyone’s 2021 offer changed during Covid19? Or have coaches implied the terms of the offer could change??
                    If you have an offer, make sure it is in writing. Verbals aren’t enforceable.

Comment

Only NLIs are enforceable.

Comment

You can't have anything enforceable until signing day

Comment

Spoke to my buddy yesterday who is a baseball asst. college coach at a mid-tier program. I'm going to share what he said since it probably applies to soccer too. His college (and I believe others) are actively figuring out ways to cut the budget. Everything is on the table including reducing scholarships. The class of 2021 is in a rough place because several programs are being told to put a freeze on offers until the budgets are worked out. Not only this, for the class of 2022, it's better to have conversations with the players they want from this class and to stall the remaining spots for 2021 because this class can wait until next spring to fill any remaining spots. If you thought most of the money was gone for 2021, you can be sure it won't be there if they have to roll it over to 2022 because scholarship money is being reduced in several programs. This is especially true for programs where there is no football. Just the messenger.

Comment

^ makes sense. I think at most schools everythung is on the the table until it's taken off again. Plus schools have to honor the scholarships with their current athletes, leaving them little flexibility with recruits. I think at most schools soccer teams will be ok but the #scholarships drop. Other sports that probably get fewer spectators may be cut altogether. How many students go watch swimming, gymnastics, rowing? If the argument to keep athletics altogether or certain teams is they build community, then sports like that would go first

Comment

The NCAA recruiting dead period has been extended to June 30th.

Comment

The NCAA recruiting dead period has been extended to June 30th.
                                I thought the new deadline prohibited in-person recruiting. My understanding is that you could email, phone, and zoom. Is this not the case??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X