Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. vs. Peru

One of these U.S. players were in the T&T game. Young team and lacking in possession, but the defense is holding Peru.

Sargent scores for the U.S. to take the lead.

Comment

You need to put 'Trump' in the thread title if you want responses to a Florida soccer thread. Discussion simply about national team soccer is so yesterday.

Comment

Peru doesn't have the money, the infrastructure nor the resources as we do and can develop world class players... our system sucks! The scouting system sucks! Stop chasing the big ,tall ,fast race track runner and start finding technical players that can give this country an identity, a play style.

Comment

Better Touch

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Peru doesn't have the money, the infrastructure nor the resources as we do and can develop world class players... our system sucks! The scouting system sucks! Stop chasing the big ,tall ,fast race track runner and start finding technical players that can give this country an identity, a play style.
          I so agree with this post. It is clear they are are favoring athletic talent but my gosh the touch on way too many of these chosen players is just so bad. I'm not talking about the Men's national team. But if you watch MLS and then compare it to other foreign leagues the problem is clear.

The reason the athletic kids stand out I think in the US soccer system is that other than the fast break or counter attacking soccer there are very few teams that really play complete or total soccer. So in the muck that is US soccer the ones that succeed are the extremely fit and speedy.

But I agree we need smarter players, with more skill, more touch, and more accuracy if we want to ever compete nationally.

Comment

Peru has no worldclass players. They had 40 year ago when they were even poorer

Comment

Peru has no worldclass players. They had 40 year ago when they were even poorer
              They did say Peru brought on its experienced players for the game (most having played in WC in Russia) knowing the U.S. would have their young guns in. Peru worked better possessing as a team and scored in the last 5 minutes as we had subbed in Yedlin and Bradley.

Comment

They did say Peru brought on its experienced players for the game (most having played in WC in Russia) knowing the U.S. would have their young guns in. Peru worked better possessing as a team and scored in the last 5 minutes as we had subbed in Yedlin and Bradley.
                They brought them in but didn’t play. Peru played with mostly subs. We can’t discuss who the better team is because that’s irrelevant and both teams were missing players, what’s surprising it’s the lack of technique from US.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X