Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Truth be told, all women's college soccer is a wannabe sport. NO ONE cares about women's college soccer besides parents on the sidelines!!! Please go disparage other D1 kids on the D1 thread. These D3 student athletes are stellar.
    Maybe so but in the end the BU kids are going to graduate with a heck of a lot less school debt than the Williams kids will. Besides the only fun to be had out in Williams is cow tipping. Same can’t be said for Comm Ave.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Maybe so but in the end the BU kids are going to graduate with a heck of a lot less school debt than the Williams kids will. Besides the only fun to be had out in Williams is cow tipping. Same can’t be said for Comm Ave.
      What is your problem? This is a D3 thread. No one cares about BU here. Why are you even here? No one would listen to you on one of the many D1 threads? Sheesh.

Comment

bingo!

Comment

Its a troll. Dont bite.

Comment

I bet they don't and starting salaries for Williams kids (let alone mid-career numbers) will easily make up for any small discrepancies. MIT .... forget about it.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/...ersities-debt/

Look at the average annual costs for BU vs MIT as well ..... keep arguing.

Comment

I bet they don't and starting salaries for Williams kids (let alone mid-career numbers) will easily make up for any small discrepancies. MIT .... forget about it.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/...ersities-debt/

Look at the average annual costs for BU vs MIT as well ..... keep arguing.
              Why are you doing this? Of course MIT beats most degrees from many schools. And I went to bu. My daughter went to tufts. All are great schools.
              Friendly warning, dont engage with a troll.

Comment

Why are you doing this? Of course MIT beats most degrees from many schools. And I went to bu. My daughter went to tufts. All are great schools.
                Friendly warning, dont engage with a troll.
                I can't help myself ..... i watch so many D1 games (and my kid plays D3 and I love to keep up on her former club mates ... they play at all levels) ..... i have to say that I am not impressed with most of their D1 teams and they are not markedly better than top D1 (I would say some are definitely worse ... none of them went to a top 100 D1 school). As you get higher up the chain in D1 the kids are certainly faster and more athletic than D3 after top 25 or so teams (and their is certainly more depth), but the bottom 200 or so teams in D1 just dont seem to be much different than the top 25 or so D3 from what I am seeing. Many of those lower tier D1 just kick the heck out of the ball and try to run it down. It's not fun to watch. Most definitely seem to recruit athletes over players. My kid was a starter on an ECNL team and could have played bottom half of D1 but did not want any anything to do with the issues athletic money brings. She made a great choice and will end up in a great place after college (at a medical or graduate school or in a nice career).

Comment

I can't help myself ..... i watch so many D1 games (and my kid plays D3 and I love to keep up on her former club mates ... they play at all levels) ..... i have to say that I am not impressed with most of their D1 teams and they are not markedly better than top D1 (I would say some are definitely worse ... none of them went to a top 100 D1 school). As you get higher up the chain in D1 the kids are certainly faster and more athletic than D3 after top 25 or so teams (and their is certainly more depth), but the bottom 200 or so teams in D1 just dont seem to be much different than the top 25 or so D3 from what I am seeing. Many of those lower tier D1 just kick the heck out of the ball and try to run it down. It's not fun to watch. Most definitely seem to recruit athletes over players. My kid was a starter on an ECNL team and could have played bottom half of D1 but did not want any anything to do with the issues athletic money brings. She made a great choice and will end up in a great place after college (at a medical or graduate school or in a nice career).
                  So you don’t like the soccer. So what? It has always been about getting paid to play college soccer. When you total up the debits againts your bank accounts after making your tuition payments to the debits of a typical D1 scholarship parent’s accounts that is the primary benefit.

Comment

So if you and more importantly she are good with all of it, don't engage the lunacy. Let 'em eat cake.
                    On the other hand, you have to ask yourself why strangers on an anonymous soccer blog get you to engage. I appreciate your (both of you) plight. I dont understand the division bullying. It is the same game. Differences, yes. But the same game.

Comment

So if you and more importantly she are good with all of it, don't engage the lunacy. Let 'em eat cake.
                      On the other hand, you have to ask yourself why strangers on an anonymous soccer blog get you to engage. I appreciate your (both of you) plight. I dont understand the division bullying. It is the same game. Differences, yes. But the same game.
                      You sure are right, but it is still hard not to argue with a fool! :)

Comment

So you don’t like the soccer. So what? It has always been about getting paid to play college soccer. When you total up the debits againts your bank accounts after making your tuition payments to the debits of a typical D1 scholarship parent’s accounts that is the primary benefit.
                        You know that my kid got tons of merit money and institutional grants for her top-quality education right? Do you believe that we all pay the sticker price?

Comment

You know that my kid got tons of merit money and institutional grants for her top-quality education right? Do you believe that we all pay the sticker price?
                          ✅. And guaranteed

Comment

✅. And guaranteed
                            Except ain’t no one getting no merit aid from a nescac

Comment

Academic perhaps.

Comment

There absolutely are merit-based scholarships.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X