Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thought ref was consistent and didnt factor in game. Thought game was well played by Central but in the end Bedfords defense was stellar. They deserve all the credit for turning back the Central attack. It was the key to the game. That and Bedford making the most out of their chances.
    Again, for me the Bedford D won that game.
    The Central player clearly took the Bedford goalie out of the play, without touching the ball, and led to Central's tie goal. The goalie had just played the ball and the Central player ran right into him without coming near the ball. Ref was right there and swallowed the whistle.

Also, imho, Bedford's overall speed was the biggest factor in their victory.

Comment

Disagree she fell around the 13...she was clearly in the box. FYI I am a Londonderry supporter as noted probably by the rest of my dialogue.

If she landed two yards in the box her feet and body would have been pretty close to the line. They weren't. Not one single coach or player argued to boot. Sorry.
      Did argue. Good for them.

LOL the 13. You mistook the same line from the football field some others did. The rest if us (5 in total all thought it was really close

She did not land on the PK spot. Thats absurd. And I’m a Bedford supporter.
      I hope you also aren’t posting in the ref thread cuzz you need your eyes checked.

Comment

Did argue. Good for them.

LOL the 13. You mistook the same line from the football field some others did. The rest if us (5 in total all thought it was really close

She did not land on the PK spot. Thats absurd. And I’m a Bedford supporter.
        I hope you also aren’t posting in the ref thread cuzz you need your eyes checked.
        No. Sorry you do. I think I know the difference between the 18 and football lines. You clearly can't figure out that a person that is taken out close to the box would definitely fall past where you are saying. It's ok. It was called and clearly a foul in the box.

Comment

No. Sorry you do. I think I know the difference between the 18 and football lines. You clearly can't figure out that a person that is taken out close to the box would definitely fall past where you are saying. It's ok. It was called and clearly a foul in the box.
          Yep, it's perfectly understandable for a 15 year-old girl to be hacked from the side to land 5 yards further along.

I see it all the time.

Most of the time, they are wearing a cape or some other mechanical flying apparatus, but sure, it happens.

LOL...the 13.....

Comment

Talking soccer

Yep, it's perfectly understandable for a 15 year-old girl to be hacked from the side to land 5 yards further along.

I see it all the time.

Most of the time, they are wearing a cape or some other mechanical flying apparatus, but sure, it happens.

LOL...the 13.....
            Do the math genius. I said she was 2 yards in the box. Which means 3 yards. And yes when players are running full speed and fall on a wet turf field makes perfedt sense.

Now for your scenario where it was close. Let's examine. You said close to the 18. You said it appeared to be she landed 2 yards in and no part of her body on the 18. Player is at least 5 ft tall so almost 2 yards. So unless she just fell down on a dime after running full speed and got fouled...I guess physics and wet field we just throw out bc it doesn't fit your argument.

Yeah I pity anyone you have a discussion with if that us your view. Impossible based on what you said. Sorry smart guy

Comment

Do the math genius. I said she was 2 yards in the box. Which means 3 yards. And yes when players are running full speed and fall on a wet turf field makes perfedt sense.

Now for your scenario where it was close. Let's examine. You said close to the 18. You said it appeared to be she landed 2 yards in and no part of her body on the 18. Player is at least 5 ft tall so almost 2 yards. So unless she just fell down on a dime after running full speed and got fouled...I guess physics and wet field we just throw out bc it doesn't fit your argument.

Yeah I pity anyone you have a discussion with if that us your view. Impossible based on what you said. Sorry smart guy
              How does the water content of the turf matter for linear feet travelling in the air? Are you somehow now saying that the slide should be incorporated into the air time from spot of the foul? Now you are trying to interpret it like if she made the first down? ***??

I assume you made the same mistake a few others did: the patch of new turf just outside the area LOOKED like it was the top of the box. In fact, it was a few feet beyond. To me, it happened within that colored path, which made it pretty darn close to being outside the box. Hard to tell for sure, since the foul came a bit from behind as they were crossing each other. As I said, I could see it going either way but clearly Bedford got the benefit on both calls.

Maybe that's why the refs let Londonderry hack the crap out of #4 in OT, to try to even it out.

No matter, Central put a good beating on the Lancers this afternoon just by reading the score.

Anyone at the game?

Comment

Central 5-0. Largest margin of victory ever in girls final for large school division. It was 2-0 Central 2:39 into the game. 2 breakaways, one a goal and one a takedown in the box leading to PK goal. Central striker play was too much for Londonderry. Arguably this Central team was as complete a team as there has been in girls soccer in this state.

Comment

How does the water content of the turf matter for linear feet travelling in the air? Are you somehow now saying that the slide should be incorporated into the air time from spot of the foul? Now you are trying to interpret it like if she made the first down? ***??

I assume you made the same mistake a few others did: the patch of new turf just outside the area LOOKED like it was the top of the box. In fact, it was a few feet beyond. To me, it happened within that colored path, which made it pretty darn close to being outside the box. Hard to tell for sure, since the foul came a bit from behind as they were crossing each other. As I said, I could see it going either way but clearly Bedford got the benefit on both calls.

Maybe that's why the refs let Londonderry hack the crap out of #4 in OT, to try to even it out.

No matter, Central put a good beating on the Lancers this afternoon just by reading the score.

Anyone at the game?
                  Nope...sorry you really don't have a grasp on it. Sad for you. Ever heard of when you fall on wet turf you slide a bit...duh. She was fouled at the 16 and fell and slid...hence the top of her body at around the 13.

Your scenario is completely implausible. Laws of physics my friend. Oh well go get them next year.

Comment

Central 5-0. Largest margin of victory ever in girls final for large school division. It was 2-0 Central 2:39 into the game. 2 breakaways, one a goal and one a takedown in the box leading to PK goal. Central striker play was too much for Londonderry. Arguably this Central team was as complete a team as there has been in girls soccer in this state.
                    Might be the first post i have ever seen giving Central Girls any respect. Thank you.

Comment

Might be the first post i have ever seen giving Central Girls any respect. Thank you.
                      Other team that was comparable was Exeter team that beat Bedford and had 2 girls go on to play at Providence. This Central team had more size, speed and high end striker play but the Exeter team was excellent technically.

Comment

Nope...sorry you really don't have a grasp on it. Sad for you. Ever heard of when you fall on wet turf you slide a bit...duh. She was fouled at the 16 and fell and slid...hence the top of her body at around the 13.

Your scenario is completely implausible. Laws of physics my friend. Oh well go get them next year.
                        LOL, now we are incorporating a slide in there.

She was fouled about the top of the box. Right before the line for me, but was mentioned, it was close. She landed inside a bit, 5 feet by my estimate. I said "ooh, not sure she was in". We debated, split the opinions. Discussing it further, someone said "oh crap, that patch of replacement turf is a yard outside the area. Now I'm not so sure as I swear I saw the bright green under her feet and that's clearly above the 18."

From the fan-side, you couldn't get a perfect view as the tackle came from her back, left, so you couldn't see the exact contact, only the result. She fell forward, and to the right a bit. Clearly landing in the box.

I assume the spot you saw that looked like the PK spot was a rain drop on your glasses and that's why she went so far before landing. Landing. L-a-n-d-i-n-g.

It happens, hard to tell from where you were. I get it. No shame in that.

Like I said, I think it was 3-2 that it was inside the box, so your vote makes it 4-2.

Good enough for me.

Comment

Other team that was comparable was Exeter team that beat Bedford and had 2 girls go on to play at Providence. This Central team had more size, speed and high end striker play but the Exeter team was excellent technically.
                          On top of scoring an incredible amount of goals, their defense has given up 11 goals in the last two seasons combined. Thats a complete team.

Comment

LOL, now we are incorporating a slide in there.

She was fouled about the top of the box. Right before the line for me, but was mentioned, it was close. She landed inside a bit, 5 feet by my estimate. I said "ooh, not sure she was in". We debated, split the opinions. Discussing it further, someone said "oh crap, that patch of replacement turf is a yard outside the area. Now I'm not so sure as I swear I saw the bright green under her feet and that's clearly above the 18."

From the fan-side, you couldn't get a perfect view as the tackle came from her back, left, so you couldn't see the exact contact, only the result. She fell forward, and to the right a bit. Clearly landing in the box.

I assume the spot you saw that looked like the PK spot was a rain drop on your glasses and that's why she went so far before landing. Landing. L-a-n-d-i-n-g.

It happens, hard to tell from where you were. I get it. No shame in that.

Like I said, I think it was 3-2 that it was inside the box, so your vote makes it 4-2.

Good enough for me.
                            Laws of physics my friend. And you need a comprehension coach. You'll get it one day.

Comment

On top of scoring an incredible amount of goals, their defense has given up 11 goals in the last two seasons combined. Thats a complete team.
                              As a former defender I say thanks for pointing that out. Often overlooked is the strength of a teams D. And only 11 goals over 2 seasons is impressive

Comment

Laws of physics my friend. And you need a comprehension coach. You'll get it one day.
                                Laws of physics would not apply.

Dry glasses would be more applicable here.

Again, running consensus is she was in the box. The fallacy is that she was somehow clearly in the box, which is proven funny.

I provided the exact scenario of what happened. You said she was on a slip-n-slide.

We get it. It's OK to disagree. And, like I said, the 3 of 6 people I am aware of THINK she was in the box, 2 of the 6 are not SURE, and 1 of the 6 says CLEARLY.

We typically throw out the outliers during discussions like this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X