HS Boys 2018 Fall Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelmsford 1 SJP 0, 11 minutes left in the half. Kid got bodied lmao take a seat #14

Comment

Originally posted by TommySalami69 View Post
      Chelmsford 1 SJP 0, 11 minutes left in the half. Kid got bodied lmao take a seat #14
      Was #11 my bad

Comment

Brookline 3 Newton North 2 PKs
        Lexington 2 Everett 1
        Newburyport 2 Weston 1
        Wayland 1 Melrose 0
        St. John's Prep 3 Chelmsford 2 PKs
        Northeast 3 Saugus 0
        Lincoln-Sudbury 3 Lowell 1
        Somerville 1 Revere 0 OT
        Malden Cath 3 Brighton 1
        Pentucket 3 Swampscott 2
        Acton Boxboro defeats Chelsea in OT

*Final scores will be in bold text.

Comment

No score from the East Boston vs Malden game, guess maybe the Eastie coach fell victim to a heart attack due to actually winning a first round game, if that's the case and was unable to report the score. No score from Peabody vs Medford either.

Everett had Lexington on the ropes, 1-0 with about 10 minutes to play and Lexington apparently woke up and score 2 goals in the last 10 minutes to pull out a victory, 2-1.

St. John's Prep squeaked out a win against Chelmsford, 3-2 in PKs. Chelmsford had a couple of strong chances in OT, but wasn't able to capitalize. SJP keeper also had made a very good save, where the Chelmsford forward had a point blank shot on goal from about 15 yards out. SJP keeper made about 3 fantastic saves in OT.

Newton North hit a couple of posts in the OT period, but ended up falling to Brookline 3-2 in PKs
          Last edited by AlexFilides; 11-02-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Malden vs East Boston and Medford vs Peabody are tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Malden vs East Boston and Medford vs Peabody are tomorrow
              Good catch! I had assumed everyone in D1 N played today. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                Good catch! I had assumed everyone in D1 N played today. My mistake.
                No problem. At least you got to make a joke about a coach having a heart attack. Very funny. Not.

Comment

No problem. At least you got to make a joke about a coach having a heart attack. Very funny. Not.
                  I got jokes....said no one ever. More of a joke about East Boston not making it out of the first round. I wouldn't have joked about it if he actually did have a heart attack.
                  Last edited by AlexFilides; 11-02-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

St. John's Prep vs Chelmsfords in on youtube live for those that want to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HvLY5h2B94
                    The level of play is shockingly bad! Is this typical of High School soccer in America. Are these two teams bottom level teams? I watched ten minutes and couldn’t keep watching.

Comment

The level of play is shockingly bad! Is this typical of High School soccer in America. Are these two teams bottom level teams? I watched ten minutes and couldn’t keep watching.
                      The level of play isn't nearly as good as some other higher levels obviously, but in some ways, it's entertaining to watch, the predictability is thrown out the window, anything can happen on any given play. At least I find it entertaining.

Comment

The level of play isn't nearly as good as some other higher levels obviously, but in some ways, it's entertaining to watch, the predictability is thrown out the window, anything can happen on any given play. At least I find it entertaining.
                        Interesting philosophy. So, it’s entertaining because the level is so low? It does appear that the players work hard, and some of them look like they are athletic. I will give them that. However, the technical quality and decision making is below 10 year olds where I come from.

Comment

Lexington scored the game winner while an Everett player was injured on the ground. Ugly way to win. Player was down for awhile and play kept on. After the goal, player was sent to hospital via ambulance. Not how anyone wants to win.

Everett is much more disciplined than I expected.

Comment

Pretty cool feature on the MIAA website that I just noticed. You can actually access rosters. Think the MIAA made them post their rosters online. Now you can tell who's returning for next year and make some half accurate predictions for 2019.

Braintree, interestingly has 19 juniors that should be coming back next year, just based on that info, have a hunch Braintree will be back next year. Newton North should be strong with 13 returning juniors. Brockton has 15 seniors on the roster, but hasn't had that great season. Lincoln-Sudbury and Lexington should be strong as well. Somerville and Concord Carlisle will look to graduate a good percentage of seniors.
                            Last edited by AlexFilides; 11-02-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Games for 12/3/18

Wellesley @ Weymouth 2pm
                              Barnstable @ Hingham 3pm
                              BC High @ Franklin 5pm
                              Malden @ East Boston 5pm
                              Brockton @ New Bedford 6pm
                              Peabody @ Medford 6pm
                              Marshfield @ Needham 6pm
                              Natick @ Durfee 6pm
                              Bp Feehan @ Milford 6pm
                              Plymouth North @ Mansfield 7pm
                              Last edited by AlexFilides; 11-03-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

That’s why I like watching MLS over premier league!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X