X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oc da u14

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I and my son watched this game and we loved watching this team get handles like they did. They deserve it after the way they treated us and after watching this game I bet they lose every game this season. Rush scored at will and OC goalie couldn't stop anything, he is not better than my son. He obviously doesn't punt far as I don't recall one punt, he had to always throw it to his team or pass it to a defender. WEAK!!!
    Don't get me wrong, Rush sucks too but OC wishes they had a goalie now I bet.
    While I did not see this game, I doubt the reason the GK played out of the back was that his coaches feel he cannot punt a ball. I am sure it is the way they teach and play.
    It sounds as if you have a personal issue with this entire club and I doubt your observations are accurate or fair. You really need to take a step back and be aware that the behavior that you are demonstrating in front of your son is not good for him. It is always tough when your child does not get selected or put on a team they try out for but there are better ways to deal with this than taking him to a game to watch and mock the team they did not make.

Comment

I and my son watched this game and we loved watching this team get handles like they did. They deserve it after the way they treated us and after watching this game I bet they lose every game this season. Rush scored at will and OC goalie couldn't stop anything, he is not better than my son. He obviously doesn't punt far as I don't recall one punt, he had to always throw it to his team or pass it to a defender. WEAK!!!
      OCDA/MV is having goalie issues all the way thru U 16/17. Also why in the world do some of the teams have only one goalie?

Comment

and your comment shows how little you know about being a goalkeeper and why your son will not go far. as the parent of a goalkeeper (different club, different age), anyone who knows anything about being a keeper knows the following: a strong keeper is one where the players on the field feel comfortable passing the ball back to. a strong keeper has "foot skills". a strong keeper knows that statistically it is better to throw or pass ball to field player as the odds when they punt is at best 50/50.
        3 goals I would not see as "scoring at will". scoring looks like it happened fairly far apart for 2 of 3 goals. As the parent of a keeper we also all know that majority of goals scored are not on the keeper but on the defense.

so please learn the position and what it takes to be good at it or better yet be quiet and let your kid do what they want, play or walk away

Comment

Oc da u14

My son's team played this OC team this past weekend and while we are very happy to get the win against the MLS club in the area I wanted to jump in on this as I think this poster is exactly what is wrong in youth sports and it starts with the parents. This dad sat in our section and was constantly talking loud enough the entire game putting down not just the GK but the other kids playing. We all wanted to make it very clear to the OC parents that he was not part of our club. MV security was even watching him most of the second half of the game after one of our parents complained.
          We do not know the GK on the OC team but he was not awful like this poster claims. He made several saves that we all thought were going in. I agree with another poster that this parent sounds like he does not understand the position. Our GK is instructed to play from the back and only punt as the last option or if you feel you can get the ball off fast enough and place it to our man up top behind the defense.
          You might not agree with the way the club treated your child but it does not give you the right to show up at games and talk aloud about the kids who are out there playing.
          You are what is wrong with youth sports here in America.

Comment

My son's team played this OC team this past weekend and while we are very happy to get the win against the MLS club in the area I wanted to jump in on this as I think this poster is exactly what is wrong in youth sports and it starts with the parents. This dad sat in our section and was constantly talking loud enough the entire game putting down not just the GK but the other kids playing. We all wanted to make it very clear to the OC parents that he was not part of our club. MV security was even watching him most of the second half of the game after one of our parents complained.
            We do not know the GK on the OC team but he was not awful like this poster claims. He made several saves that we all thought were going in. I agree with another poster that this parent sounds like he does not understand the position. Our GK is instructed to play from the back and only punt as the last option or if you feel you can get the ball off fast enough and place it to our man up top behind the defense.
            You might not agree with the way the club treated your child but it does not give you the right to show up at games and talk aloud about the kids who are out there playing.
            You are what is wrong with youth sports here in America.
            I thought it was someone posting as the gk dad but, if he was really there that is frightening. So frightening I want to go to the next game just to watch this guy.

From everything that has been posted it seems like the club decided to change directions and bring in new people that probably have different views on style/talent/parent interaction etc.

Seems like they are trying to implement a strict system that is causing a lot of agitation now. Seems like they are holding players/parents accountable and there are consequences if you don't comply.

Comment

I thought it was someone posting as the gk dad but, if he was really there that is frightening. So frightening I want to go to the next game just to watch this guy.

From everything that has been posted it seems like the club decided to change directions and bring in new people that probably have different views on style/talent/parent interaction etc.

Seems like they are trying to implement a strict system that is causing a lot of agitation now. Seems like they are holding players/parents accountable and there are consequences if you don't comply.
              If you play DA you know not to do anything outside of the season games without approval. Just seems like why would you care because you can go down the street and play for a better club.

Comment

If you play DA you know not to do anything outside of the season games without approval. Just seems like why would you care because you can go down the street and play for a better club.
                Better club? Are you referring to Rush? They only have a DA through u14 so how could they be a better club?

Comment

Better club? Are you referring to Rush? They only have a DA through u14 so how could they be a better club?
                  Why not play where you get training and can play high school, it doesn’t have to be rush

Comment

Why not play where you get training and can play high school, it doesn’t have to be rush
                    Where is this mythical land where players are developed with training and HS soccer? It must be guarded heavily by a dragon and a ts troll.

Comment

Where is this mythical land where players are developed with training and HS soccer? It must be guarded heavily by a dragon and a ts troll.
                      Sorry to get you all riled up

Comment

Sorry to get you all riled up
                        Where should my u14 all star goalie play next?
                        DA is prejudiced against him
                        R9 did not appreciate him
                        Orlando City pro team says he is too young
                        Any real clubs that accept kids based on talent and not who you know?

Comment

Please stop posting this nonsense here. Our current situation provides enough crazy as it is.

Comment

Oc da u14

You are a D**K! Leave us alone, once again you would not fight for your son if he his dreams were crushed and never giving a fair chance all because coaches who discriminate in favor of other players, in our situation goalies, who are not better than my son. OC goalies are clueless and can't make a save or kick the ball deep at all.
                            Continue to make fun but we will laugh in the end because other people who are fair have already noticed our ability. We were invited to play for a local national team who is going to France this summer and train over there and play in the Paris world games. SUCK ON THAT D**KHEAD!!

Comment

best boy on this team is kL

Comment

best boy on this team is kL
                                Sorry, nobody here by that name.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X