Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club fees and Injuries

My son has a a concussion and is missing 50-75% of the season. What is your club's policy or contract say as far as payment of club fees under these circumstances? Our club has no stated policy on this and just wondering what is the usual approach?? Thank you.

No hablo.

Comment

I would think it's lost costs. Bummer.

Comment

What I've seen is most give you your money back if the player will miss an entire season but not a partial. Best bet is to ask your club

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          What I've seen is most give you your money back if the player will miss an entire season but not a partial. Best bet is to ask your club
          In other words, later the season ending injury, less likely a refund

Comment

Talk to someone at the club who can speak for the club about this situation. Most will not refund money at this point in the season since it is unlikely they can add a player to replace your injured player. However, most will give you a credit for next year if they want your player to stay with them. Do not waste your time talking with your coach. You need to talk with the DoC or higher on this. Ultimately, it is the person that handles the accounting that give the final word after a discussion with the DoC.

Good luck!

Comment

My son has a a concussion and is missing 50-75% of the season. What is your club's policy or contract say as far as payment of club fees under these circumstances? Our club has no stated policy on this and just wondering what is the usual approach?? Thank you.
              Our club has a fairly strict rule. Since most of the club costs are fixed as of 9/1 every year, they don't offer much of a refund, if any, due to injury or player quitting. However, they will review request due to injury on a case by case basis. As someone else pointed out, the likelihood of an injury refund is higher if its before the season starts and the club can find a replacement player. However, some of the decision might be related to greed by the club as well.

Comment

Our club has a fairly strict rule. Since most of the club costs are fixed as of 9/1 every year, they don't offer much of a refund, if any, due to injury or player quitting. However, they will review request due to injury on a case by case basis. As someone else pointed out, the likelihood of an injury refund is higher if its before the season starts and the club can find a replacement player. However, some of the decision might be related to greed by the club as well.
                We are with FC Boston and they are a "No Refund" club. They do review on a case by case basis.

Comment

Talk to someone at the club who can speak for the club about this situation. Most will not refund money at this point in the season since it is unlikely they can add a player to replace your injured player. However, most will give you a credit for next year if they want your player to stay with them. Do not waste your time talking with your coach. You need to talk with the DoC or higher on this. Ultimately, it is the person that handles the accounting that give the final word after a discussion with the DoC.

Good luck!
                  Yes costs are fixed yet at the same time giving one player a partial refund isn't going to make or break a club. Depending on timing (this late in the season isn't very likely) the right thing to do is maybe offer a few dollars off next year's tuition. But many clubs don't care about doing the right thing

Comment

Send an email to the Director and CC your son's coach as well. If he is out for the rest of the season they have given refunds in my daughters club for partial year. Refunds are usually held until after the season to verify the player will not be able to play and it's not a ploy to jump to another club.

Comment

Hope you son's recovery goes well. Well done for making sure he sits out an appropriate amount of time.

Comment

We are with FC Boston and they are a "No Refund" club. They do review on a case by case basis.
                        So then they are not a 'no refund' club if they review.

Comment

To the OP, did you hear back from your club?

Comment

Club fees and injuries

My son was injured yesterday (sprained MCL) by an Aztec player's cheap shot and will miss most, if not all, of remainder of the season. He was kicked in the knee by a player who made not attempt to play the ball late in a lopsided Aztec loss. Should I seek a refund from the Aztecs?

Comment

Club fees and injuries

BTW, kidding above. I know there's nothing to chase there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X