Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maple vs nep

Looking at schedules in nep. Not unhappy my kid plays in maple. All the divisions in nep have like 4 teams from the same club. How horrible to play your own club teams in league play. We may be small but at least we never have to cheer against our own club.

Boys u12 league 1 has 8 teams. 6 GPS teams. 2 NEFC teams. You're paying for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Looking at schedules in nep. Not unhappy my kid plays in maple. All the divisions in nep have like 4 teams from the same club. How horrible to play your own club teams in league play. We may be small but at least we never have to cheer against our own club.
      The teams within a large club are from different regions of the state, so you don't know anyone on the other team and its like playing a different club anyway. You cheer for your kid's team. After 5 minutes, you forget the other team is in the same club. And you don't have to worry as much about cheap shots and unsportsmanlike play.

Comment

The teams within a large club are from different regions of the state, so you don't know anyone on the other team and its like playing a different club anyway. You cheer for your kid's team. After 5 minutes, you forget the other team is in the same club. And you don't have to worry as much about cheap shots and unsportsmanlike play.
        Both leagues are mediocre. OK leagues for average players but if you want top level play you're looking at NPL, ECNL or National League.

Comment

Both leagues are mediocre. OK leagues for average players but if you want top level play you're looking at NPL, ECNL or National League.
          NEP is very very very sad soccer so horrible and boring playing your sister every week

Comment

NEP is very very very sad soccer so horrible and boring playing your sister every week
            Well, you had no problem dating yours.

Comment

Did you know that in Europe the big youth leagues favor inter play over travel?

They seem to be doing ok.

Less travel means more time to actually practice/play soccer.

Unless you play at the highest level (which most kids aren't) find a club where your kid is developing and having fun. Regardless of who they play.

At the end of the day, most of us are creating memories. Not professional soccer players. Stop ruining their youth. Just let them play.

Comment

The people who think that NEP/NPL is better than MAPLE have not spent the time actually watching a suffcient number of games in both leagues. I've watched ECNL games that some MAPLE 1 teams would not be outmatched in.

Comment

Did you know that in Europe the big youth leagues favor inter play over travel?

They seem to be doing ok.

Less travel means more time to actually practice/play soccer.

Unless you play at the highest level (which most kids aren't) find a club where your kid is developing and having fun. Regardless of who they play.

At the end of the day, most of us are creating memories. Not professional soccer players. Stop ruining their youth. Just let them play.
                  Well said!

Comment

Do you really care about the club or your kid. I could really give two poops about the club. Just provide my player the service I'm playing for and I'm happy. In fact, it's not even the team I care about very much so getting upset of cheering against another team within the club is funny. Grow up!!

Comment

Do you really care about the club or your kid. I could really give two poops about the club. Just provide my player the service I'm playing for and I'm happy. In fact, it's not even the team I care about very much so getting upset of cheering against another team within the club is funny. Grow up!!
                      it is clear - maple is about soccer, NEP is about money for the big clubs

Comment

it is clear - maple is about soccer, NEP is about money for the big clubs
                        So if I want to play soccer (town teams, smaller clubs) it's Maple. What's do they play in NEP?
                        What do they play over at the DA? Parents choose the club not the league the kids play. You need to stop having a complex about your league

Comment

Of course I care about the club. How sad that you are paying thousands of dollars to join something you don't give a **** about. We know nearly everyone and i guess that's another difference between a small club and the big ones. We're truly a family atmosphere and you play somewhere that people don't even care about their teammates.

Comment

Of course I care about the club. How sad that you are paying thousands of dollars to join something you don't give a **** about. We know nearly everyone and i guess that's another difference between a small club and the big ones. We're truly a family atmosphere and you play somewhere that people don't even care about their teammates.
                            My kids play in NEP and I hang out with my town club. So what your point.

Comment

Oh yes, so HORRIBLE! I'm sure my kids and I will have to go to see a psychologist someday because sometimes they play against another team in a different region that happens to play for the same big club. It really does break my heart when this happens. I tear up everytime I have to say "go Blue" instead of "go GPS." I'm happy for you that you get to play in MAPLE where this tragedy does not occur.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X