X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    why are these guys such a joke
    The joke is the amount of ignorance and spite on the site. Revs had a couple of brain farts and got caught ball watching on a 2 goals but they were the dominant team for most of the game. They are enjoyable to watch and getting better as new players get accustomed to each other and Agudelo gets back into National team form after his return from injury.

Comment

The joke is the amount of ignorance and spite on the site. Revs had a couple of brain farts and got caught ball watching on a 2 goals but they were the dominant team for most of the game. They are enjoyable to watch and getting better as new players get accustomed to each other and Agudelo gets back into National team form after his return from injury.
      Whether that is true or not (and I give them a ton of credit for getting back into the game after being down 3-0), this is a fact that you cannot dispute: 1 win in 11 games this season. That is bad. It doesn't matter how many draws they have - they have won ONE game. It isn't good enough.

Comment

Whether that is true or not (and I give them a ton of credit for getting back into the game after being down 3-0), this is a fact that you cannot dispute: 1 win in 11 games this season. That is bad. It doesn't matter how many draws they have - they have won ONE game. It isn't good enough.
        Definitely not good enough. So far. But draws are a heck of a lot better than losses AND better that they are taking place at the beginning of the season rather than the end. Maybe the same play will continue but I really don't think. I see potential and I have not been a giant fan of the team over the years.

You have to give Heaps credit for tinkering in the second half and I think he hit on something with Bunbury, Agudelo, and Femi up front. Put Fagundez and Nyugen in the middle behind them and it could be special. I'm at least hopeful. Especially because Agudelo is probably still not in top form after his injury (to me he is a beast when in top form) AND Fagundez.

Diego Fagundez is a great story. Undersized and into the league at 17, he could have washed out on no time. BUT, the kid just seems to be getting better. he can hold the ball up against much bigger, stronger opponents, rarely makes bad passes, and is capable of doing something special anytime he gets the ball.

Comment

Not sure what game you watched yesterday. LA took their foot off the gas in the second half and Heaps gambled by going to 3 in the back. The combination did work for a period of time but LA was clearly the better team by far. The difference in talent and skill level of the top LA players is far beyond anything the Revs can offer. The Revs do not want to invest in this team and they pay their players peanuts. When you pay peanuts you get monkeys. The outside backs for the Revs are terrible and Watson was "watching" all four goals that got scored. Getting Chris Tierney back will help a bit but the right side is terrible and Jogo also is having a very poor year. Also, if you have watched the games, Fagundez loses the ball to the opposing team more than he gets it to his teamates. I know that everyone wants to believe that he is the next great thing but take off the rose colored glasses and watch his play. No other MLS team would start him and even his National team does not want him. As for the other homegrown (Caldwell) he was getting exposed all day yesterday with his size and athleticism. He cannot keep up with faster players and was mostly invisible. It is going to be a long year for the Revs but at least they will get to build through the draft. At this point, you have to be honest and admit that the record does not lie. The only thing in their favor is that they play in the weaker Eastern division.

Comment

Not sure what game you watched yesterday. LA took their foot off the gas in the second half and Heaps gambled by going to 3 in the back. The combination did work for a period of time but LA was clearly the better team by far. The difference in talent and skill level of the top LA players is far beyond anything the Revs can offer. The Revs do not want to invest in this team and they pay their players peanuts. When you pay peanuts you get monkeys. The outside backs for the Revs are terrible and Watson was "watching" all four goals that got scored. Getting Chris Tierney back will help a bit but the right side is terrible and Jogo also is having a very poor year. Also, if you have watched the games, Fagundez loses the ball to the opposing team more than he gets it to his teamates. I know that everyone wants to believe that he is the next great thing but take off the rose colored glasses and watch his play. No other MLS team would start him and even his National team does not want him. As for the other homegrown (Caldwell) he was getting exposed all day yesterday with his size and athleticism. He cannot keep up with faster players and was mostly invisible. It is going to be a long year for the Revs but at least they will get to build through the draft. At this point, you have to be honest and admit that the record does not lie. The only thing in their favor is that they play in the weaker Eastern division.
            The Revs have their flaws but you have some other agenda at work to have the delusional views that you
            have.

Comment

Should have re signed Jones

Comment

The Revs have their flaws but you have some other agenda at work to have the delusional views that you
                have.
                #kraftout

Comment

Should have re signed Jones
                  Jones best days are behind him and he basically was a yellow or red card waiting to happen with his reckless tackles. Good athlete, average soccer skills.
                  Plus I don't think he wanted to be here.

Comment

agree. get lemons and all you can make is lemonade.

Comment

have.
                      delusional?! really?

Comment

delusional?! really?
                        Talk to me in a month. I promise I'll return to eat crow if I'm wrong. Hope you'll do the same.

Comment

Realities

Does Kraft et al care about youth soccer?
                          YES. Although they were told by the MLS/US Soccer to have academy teams, they also run many many clinics and camps throughout the region. They put quite a bit of effort toward youth training. Their clinic/camp numbers are equal to or greater than any other MLS club.

Does Kraft put enough money into their MLS team?
                          NO. They can seek to bring in better talent that would not only make the team better, but also be a bigger draw for the home games. Clearly, his emphasis is on American football and not soccer. Instead of looking at the larger picture of boosting soccer, he is looking at the spreadsheet. The cost of a star would not translate into a major profit.

Why doesn't Kraft spend more money on the Revs?
                          BECAUSE....it won't translate to more profit. The bottom line is that soccer is still not a huge sport in the area!!!! I don't think it is a stadium location issue. When a game or event happens that people want to see, they go. Football games are sold out. Concerts are sold out. Even when the NCAA has the end of your final four, the stadium is crowded. The location or size of the stadium is not the only reason that < 15,000 fans show up. The interest is just not there the way that you folk think it should be. If people were truly excited about soccer and the MLS then they would go. The world soccer community is not wondering or asking who is going to win the MLS. Football, basketball, hockey, and even baseball are still larger draws. Heck, watching two to four people hit a yellow ball across a court or watching overweight men hit a little ball across 18 holes draws bigger crowds.

Should the home games be moved to the greater Boston area?
                          YES. YES. YES. YES. Despite what I just said above, I do believe that a 20-25,000 seat stadium in or around the greater Boston area would be better for the larger community. First, I do think that the local immigrant population are more likely to attend a game near Boston then drive to Foxboro. Without a more vigorous public transportation system going in and out of foxboro, the folk in revere and chelsea are not picking up and heading down. Second, such a stadium could also host area tournaments and championships for the high schools, and PDL league. Third, such a stadium could also be used for other sports like Football and lacrosse. It would be a win on so many levels. It might even pay for itself in time.

Why doesn't soccer extend beyond the youth??
                          MONEY MONEY MONEY. Although getting a bit better, most MLS players need to find additional income to support themselves. The money is just not there. The entire system has to grow together including TV and advertisement sales, memorabilia, and, yes, game attendance. If you look at the most profitable teams, about 35-50% of the teams total net is from sales outside of the game attendance. Sure, high school games are well attended. However, once you get to the college level, it is not as though you are seeing 10,000 fans. In college, basketball and football dominate. Hockey even attracts more fans. Lacrosse is on the rise, but soccer is a bit stagnant.

Comment

BECAUSE..1) he doesn't see the payback and 2) no threat of relegation

We need someone to buy the franchise (Henry or ?) who sees the potential (it's huge imo) and make it happen.

Comment

BECAUSE..1) he doesn't see the payback and 2) no threat of relegation

We need someone to buy the franchise (Henry or ?) who sees the potential (it's huge imo) and make it happen.
                              Still say GE should be a sponsor and the location is great

First touch lighting!

Comment

BECAUSE....it won't translate to more profit. The bottom line is that soccer is still not a huge sport in the area!!!! I don't think it is a stadium location issue. When a game or event happens that people want to see, they go. Football games are sold out. Concerts are sold out. Even when the NCAA has the end of your final four, the stadium is crowded. The location or size of the stadium is not the only reason that < 15,000 fans show up. The interest is just not there the way that you folk think it should be. If people were truly excited about soccer and the MLS then they would go. The world soccer community is not wondering or asking who is going to win the MLS. Football, basketball, hockey, and even baseball are still larger draws. Heck, watching two to four people hit a yellow ball across a court or watching overweight men hit a little ball across 18 holes draws bigger crowds.

Average NHL attendance: 17,587
                                Average NBA attendance: 17,826
                                Average MLS attendance: 21,574
                                Average MLB attendance: 30,366

I've seen professional and National (men's and women's) in numerous states and countries. The Revs experience is the worst. Getting to Foxborough is a major PITA. I've gone to see the UNMNT a few times, and caught Revs games as double-headers, and those were sold out. You aren't going to sell out a 60,000 seat stadium for a typical game. So, stop trying.

Stop making the Revs seem like the red-headed stepchild, and maybe I'll care. Or, said differently, once the ownership acts like they care...maybe I will, too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X