Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revs have become the joke of MLS!!

The New England Revolution have become an absolute embarrassment for the city of Boston and the New England area. The attendance last night was just over 6000 in that absolute crap ,cavernous NFL stadium played on that crap turf that made it look like ping pong soccer. Gillette's second tier tarped over and the constant hum of the ventilation system droning in your ears. Robert and Jonathan Kraft are pathetic owners and Garber should mandate they start pulling their weight or else. They're single handedly killing the soccer market in this area. I despise this ownership group. They are the worst I have ever seen.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The New England Revolution have become an absolute embarrassment for the city of Boston and the New England area. The attendance last night was just over 6000 in that absolute crap ,cavernous NFL stadium played on that crap turf that made it look like ping pong soccer. Gillette's second tier tarped over and the constant hum of the ventilation system droning in your ears. Robert and Jonathan Kraft are pathetic owners and Garber should mandate they start pulling their weight or else. They're single handedly killing the soccer market in this area. I despise this ownership group. They are the worst I have ever seen.
    http://www.si.com/article-list/mls-a...and-revolution

I love the "do not disclose" answers. Much of the other answers from the Revs are all lies. dead last in SI's MLS Ambition rankings. If it wasn't for Myra Kraft, Robert would be selling knock off Rolex's.

Comment

Timbers fans online making fun of us all night. Don't quite get why Garber keeps kissing Robert Kraft's ass by giving him cash grab International matches. Kraft is killing a massive market here. #kraftout

Comment

The problem is that they're wasting all that money with the ventilation. Someone should tell them that it's not necessary in an outdoor stadium.

Comment

Soccer doesn't matter beyond high school. Same as it ever was.

Comment

Soccer doesn't matter beyond high school. Same as it ever was.
            soccer is taking over - are you so old you still watch baseball - old man

Comment

Garber and the Gulati should all be removed. The have ruined soccer in the US. Now Detroit will be getting a team... If there was promotion/relegation like every other league in the world this would be fixed. The only way to improve the situation is for all fans interested in watching or support soccer in the US at a professional level is to support promotion/relegation.

Comment

soccer is taking over - are you so old you still watch baseball - old man
                No way. Too slow. Real football is king and the Krafts are the Alpha Dogs of the NFL. If they dump the Revs you won't have a team to watch. You better hope they continue to need a tax loss to offset their oceans of Patriots cash.

Comment

Garber and the Gulati should all be removed. The have ruined soccer in the US. Now Detroit will be getting a team... If there was promotion/relegation like every other league in the world this would be fixed. The only way to improve the situation is for all fans interested in watching or support soccer in the US at a professional level is to support promotion/relegation.
                  As a soccer fan, I agree.

However, I don't know if the US will buy into it. Promotion/relegation leagues have grown over decades-to over a century in some cases. I don't know if it's possible to start a "new" league, or to add it to a younger league. Owners don't want to buy into a league where there are no guarantees at top-light games.

The possible solution is how MLS pools so much of their resources. If an owner in a relegated team can still make as much as a promoted team (through licensing, split TV revenue, etc.), then it's possible.

I understand our population and even our geographic footprint could make it seem like we should have the highest # of teams of any league, but the reality is the talent isn't there. So, to have a top flight league with 30 teams is too much. That's why I am favor of promotion/relegation, but I am skeptical it would work.

Comment

No way. Too slow.
                    Not if you know what you are watching. I'd prefer to allocate 90 minutes of time with no commercials vs. 3+ hours of time littered with ED ads.

Real football is king and the Krafts are the Alpha Dogs of the NFL.
                    I like football, too. Doesn't mean you can't have both though. Krafts are highly respected in NFL circles. So are the Maras, Rooneys, Hunts, Jones, etc. They all have a much, much, MUCH longer history in the game.

If they dump the Revs you won't have a team to watch. You better hope they continue to need a tax loss to offset their oceans of Patriots cash.
                    Meh, who cares? At this point, the product is terrible. The experience is terrible. Let it go elsewhere, or let someone else take it.

Comment

Not if you know what you are watching. I'd prefer to allocate 90 minutes of time with no commercials vs. 3+ hours of time littered with ED ads.
                      My no way too slow was about baseball so you're debating a point we agree on.

Comment

can take example from Red Bulls et al. Find a rich sponsor - Gatorade - or GE! - build the stadium in the Seaport with a new silver line.

Just note, this is the 5th thread reflecting on the inadequacy of
                        - turf, stadium , training condition

Seems like a common and growing complaint in the Boston Hub

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• How much money has your team spent in the past five years on youth development? How much in the past year?

Youth development is a multi-million dollar investment with the New York Red Bulls.

• How many homegrown players have you signed? How many have played in MLS league games for your first team?

16 all time-eight in the last two years (since December 2014)

Of the nine signed before this offseason, six have appeared in MLS action. Connor Lade has appeared in 55 MLS matches for the Red Bulls, the most of any Homegrown Player in club history. Homegrown Players have appeared in a total of 140 league matches for New York

• Who pays to play on your youth teams? And how much do they pay?

All of our academy teams are free for the players.

• Do you have a model for integrating your academy with the first team? How closely do your academy teams resemble the way the first team trains and plays?

Yes we have a model to integrate the way we play throughout the organization, from the first team through the academy.

We changed our style of play last year and our academy teams are working to resemble our style of play.

• What’s your philosophy on the use of technology in your training and preparation for matches?

We are huge believers in the use of technology in training and for the preparation for matches and during matches.

• How many season-ticket holders do you have? How many did you have in 2015?

Against team policy to share current numbers; set a franchise record in 2015 since Red Bull Arena opened and already up 17% in 2016.

• Where does your first team train? Did you build the training facility yourself? If so, how much did it cost?

Red Bull New York Training Facility in Whippany, NJ, which we built ourselves. Cost undisclosed.

• Who is your jersey sponsor? What’s your total income on sponsorships this season?

Red Bull, amount undisclosed.

• ​Local TV deal: How many of your games this season are shown on local television? How much is your local TV deal worth per season?

17 local telecasts scheduled for 2016, amount undisclosed.

• Local radio deal: How many of your games this season are broadcast on local radio? In English? In other languages?

All 34 regular season games with be available in both English and Spanish on New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn (Tune-In mobile APP and online at newyorkredbulls.com)

• How many front-office employees does your team have? How many have you added or subtracted in the past year?

Undisclosed.

• ​Have you hired any additional technical staff over the past year to reduce doubling-up roles? Are you planning on expanding your technical staff in the near future?

We expanded our technical staff since we added a new USL team. We will look to continue to add technical staff, especially in the field of sport science.

Comment

Promotion/relegation is going away. Look at all the recent talk about one European super league. Plus for the most part this promotion relegation only effects the smaller market teams. It does not effect quality improvement.

The one system that will improve the quality is transfer fee, solidarity payments and training reimbursement from when a player becomes a professional. MLS has decided not to make these payments. They also do not share the transfer fees they receive when they sell a player, like Yedlin, with the clubs that provided his training as a youth. This is against FIFA rules but MLS says they have some super secret court ruling saying that they dont have to.

Comment

Promotion/relegation is going away. Look at all the recent talk about one European super league. Plus for the most part this promotion relegation only effects the smaller market teams. It does not effect quality improvement.

The one system that will improve the quality is transfer fee, solidarity payments and training reimbursement from when a player becomes a professional. MLS has decided not to make these payments. They also do not share the transfer fees they receive when they sell a player, like Yedlin, with the clubs that provided his training as a youth. This is against FIFA rules but MLS says they have some super secret court ruling saying that they dont have to.

The USA pay-to-play system rewards clubs only for having numbers of players, not for quality.

This further feeds into a system where the predominant players come from well-off families targeting D1 schools at the highest level, not a pro career.

Talented players would be developed in a market rewarding creation of a superior product.

No such economy exists in the soccer arena.
                            Krafts are simply the lowest of this lackluster Pro sport in the USA. (though we all watch and relish the euro leagues)

Comment

Kaka's supposed to play this weekend. Wonder if he'll show on the turf and what attendance will be.

Imagine if the stadium was in Everett or East boston. Take the T, have a meal. Total transformation

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X