X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796685]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Great addition by Director Dan Colwell getting Andy Dorman on board with FCGB as the u12 DAP coach!!!!!
    What coaching experince does Andy have?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796622]
      New England Revolution Expand Academy Programs for Fall 2016-17

The Revolution’s U12 academy alliance is a collaboration with new U.S. Soccer Development Academy teams Bayside SC, NEFC, and Valeo FC to provide a high-level age-appropriate development platform for the region’s top young players. The alliance will work together on player development methods, best practices and other integrated MLS Youth Development initiatives throughout the year. Players from any of the three U12 alliance teams will have a clear pathway into the New England Revolution Academy, starting at the U13 age group.

I have to admit that this is a very shrewd and unexpected move by the Revs. They just partnered with everyone other than the Bolts and GPS to better control the pool of available players. It's a big FU to the Bolts and a simple nod to GPS to reinforce that they don't matter past U12 in DAP but that they'll take all their best players anyway. Cold, cuthroat and cunning new direction for the MLS Academy. I didn't think they had it in them.
      Ha! Why did these clubs fall for this? Revs just want to poach their best players and then let them shrivel up into nothing. Revs are not good at developing young players. They poach, that's about it. These clubs are going to get so burned. I can't wait to watch the train wreck.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796810]

Ha! Why did these clubs fall for this? Revs just want to poach their best players and then let them shrivel up into nothing. Revs are not good at developing young players. They poach, that's about it. These clubs are going to get so burned. I can't wait to watch the train wreck.
        You are such a fool. It is every top players dream to play for the top team. If you can help them along the way do it. I see too many talented players going no where because parents, coaches, and clubs like you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796694]
          What coaching experince does Andy have?
          more than you..... look him up

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796829]

You are such a fool. It is every top players dream to play for the top team. If you can help them along the way do it. I see too many talented players going no where because parents, coaches, and clubs like you.
            No. I want my kids want to be the best they can and play at the highest level reasonable. Being a professional soccer player, especially women's, is a waste of time and money for most. It's not a career path.

Who can best position them for college play, if that's the path they want and can make, is sufficient. Use that as a social aspect and their personal growth. Leverage any money they COULD get for tuition, then enter the real world, after.

Playing for the New England Revolution is the furthest thing from our minds....

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796843]

No. I want my kids want to be the best they can and play at the highest level reasonable. Being a professional soccer player, especially women's, is a waste of time and money for most. It's not a career path.

Who can best position them for college play, if that's the path they want and can make, is sufficient. Use that as a social aspect and their personal growth. Leverage any money they COULD get for tuition, then enter the real world, after.

Playing for the New England Revolution is the furthest thing from our minds....
              If that is you and your kid wanted good for you. Many kids that pursuit DAP want a shot at pro and college scholarships as backup. As for your daughter I agreed you can leverage any money towards a good education. I hope you understand everyone is entitled to pursue their goals.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1796852]

If that is you and your kid wanted good for you. Many kids that pursuit DAP want a shot at pro and college scholarships as backup. As for your daughter I agreed you can leverage any money towards a good education. I hope you understand everyone is entitled to pursue their goals.
                Agreed, I was responding to this:

I believe the comment about "everyone is entitled to pursue their goals" should be directed there.

Comment

I hate to bring reality into the picture, but what the hey...

This past weekend Revs U14 beat Seacoast U14 6-0.

YET (are you paying careful attention?), the Revs U18's lost 1-0 to Seacoast U18's.
                  AND, though the game was somewhat evenly played, the score easily could have been 2 or 3 to 0 because Seacoast had some great chances they missed AND I seriously am not sure if the Revs had ONE ,SINGLE shot that was any kind of a true threat.

The point here is not to sing the praises of Seacoast, but to point out that there just might not be too much 'development' going on with the Revs. At 14 they get the best talent around. But the evidence clearly shows that they don't do much with it. And that point is further borne out if one watches the MLS Revs.

Hence the comment " you don't even know". Do you even realize that the Revs U18 team is mostly comprised of 16 year old players playing up in age group? It's called development, every MLS academy system plays their players up in age. Do you understand that the won/lost column is absolutely meaningless at that level? It's the least significant aspect of player development. Maybe it's significant for Seacoast but not for serious teams who's aim is to develop collegiate and professional players.
                  Wrong.
                  All the 99 kids are well past 17 already.
                  Revs have a horrible reputation for failing to develop the majority of kids. Question is what do they do with them if they aren't developing?

Comment

The model of Academy starting at U13 is a good one. Clubs should feed their best players to the highest level. At least now there's a bit of credit being given for this and ups the annie for these clubs to have high levels at U12.

Kudus to US soccer that recognized the U12 academy status for these clubs as well as a separate age group for the U13s.

Comment

why is it a train wreck? Top kids from their U12 programs directly fed to MLS and a known entity. Rest continue with other good options. Seems like a win-win

Comment

The Revolution’s U12 academy alliance is a collaboration with new U.S. Soccer Development Academy teams Bayside SC, NEFC, and Valeo FC to provide a high-level age-appropriate development platform for the region’s top young players. The alliance will work together on player development methods, best practices and other integrated MLS Youth Development initiatives throughout the year. Players from any of the three U12 alliance teams will have a clear pathway into the New England Revolution Academy, starting at the U13 age group.
                        What birth year will the U12 Academies be 2016-17?
                        (Conflicting information due to mandate not in effect until 2017-18 season)

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          what birth year will the u12 academies be 2016-17?
                          (conflicting information due to mandate not in effect until 2017-18 season)

Comment

what birth year will the u12 academies be 2016-17?
                            (conflicting information due to mandate not in effect until 2017-18 season)
                            So my 2004 can be on the U12 Academy team next season, 2016-17 but will then be a U14 for '17-18 and potentially feed into the revs. My 2005 will miss U12 totally? Is this why the clubs are stacking their U12 academies with 2005s?

Comment

Wrong.
                              All the 99 kids are well past 17 already.
                              Revs have a horrible reputation for failing to develop the majority of kids. Question is what do they do with them if they aren't developing?
                              You are just proving all you care about is the win if you ask me. They lost 1-0 to a team they beat 2-0. Who cares??? If they were getting blown out then developing argument could stand. They tied the Red Bulls the week before.

Revs across the three teams play kids up to get them the most competition. You will look at the majority of non MLS DAP teams and they play older kids than MLS DAP teams. Obviously not all. The players are playing against the best competition available in the country at that age group. Not all kids can handle the pressure of lots of travel, school and social life. Saying they have a horrible reputation for developing kids is beyond ludicrous. They've developed three home grown players so far. Certainly more are coming up. Some players are going to some quality college soccer programs. That in it's self is a accomplishment. Those players will continue to develop in college and if they make the MLS draft jump the Revs have done well. You can't expect all these players to make it to professional level when only about 1% make it. You are setting the expectations so high to the point it is unachievable. Revs would become a powerhouse if the followed Real Salt Lake or Philadelphia Union model and made it residential. That's where the level is much more noticeable in developing.

Bottom line Revs is a great program and the vast majority of the kids given the chance to be on the team, would jump to do so.

Comment

Have to agree with first poster regarding development of players by the Revs academy. Anyone watching the U18 game last weekend would have been hard pressed to pick any stand out players on the Revs side. The MLS academies are supposed to be developing future professional players yet these future pros were dominated by a non MLS academy from NH. Not to belittle the Seacoast team but 4 weeks earlier they could not get a sniff at goal and the previous poster was correct in stating that they should have had 3-4 goals. I take back my statement on the Revs players since the Revs goalie did stand out and was fantastic and made several great saves to keep it at 1-0. As for future homegrown players on the Revs it is not clear they have any players that really deserve to be signed. This will not stop the Revs from signing one or two players since they must continue the fantasy that they are developing players that are good enough to play on the first team. They will also continue signing these players far too early. If you observe the other MLS clubs, they are also signing homegrowns either before they go to college or after one year. One could almost imagine that the MLS is dictating this initiative to their academies. Not sure this is going to serve any of these kids in the long run to play 5-8 years as a pro and then have no education to get a real job.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X