Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The List feels that it has lost some of it's luster. Feeling is that there is a gap between the Spock-like logic used for defensible positions, and common sense. While it remains that "Results move The List", judgement seems to have fallen away.

Here is an alternative based purely on my OPINION.

NEFC - This stays the same
    Stars - Body of work outperforming FCB
    FCB - Strong result at Jeff Cup + early win over Stars but falling behind in ECNL
    SSS - some inconsistency, yes, but NEFC victory in March still stands out
    GPS - skin of their teeth wins against mid-level teams
    Aztec - Gritty, but still looking for breakthrough win to offset disappointing losses

Opinions drove this list
    Actually, FCB had a more successful weekend than Stars. As I've heard, results move the list. You need a better explanation of why FCB is lower.

Comment

Actually, FCB had a more successful weekend than Stars. As I've heard, results move the list. You need a better explanation of why FCB is lower.
      You must be Glancing Guy who insists he doesn't have reading comprehension issues. Please read the post again paying careful attention to the words in ALL CAPS, and the closing phrase.

For extra credit, you can go back and read The List published last night that continues to follow the model of consistent and defensible logic. It has the explanations you seek.

Added fun fact: Stars GD in ECNL games this weekend = (-1); FCB = (-2).

Comment

You must be Glancing Guy who insists he doesn't have reading comprehension issues. Please read the post again paying careful attention to the words in ALL CAPS, and the closing phrase.

For extra credit, you can go back and read The List published last night that continues to follow the model of consistent and defensible logic. It has the explanations you seek.

Added fun fact: Stars GD in ECNL games this weekend = (-1); FCB = (-2).
        Fun fact: Stars ECNL points this weekend: 1; FCB ECNL points this weekend: 3

Comment

Nice job list man....looks like you nailed it. NEFC definitely earned the top bill....Aztecs looked confused and outplayed....probably the turmoil in the club and the ??? for the fall. Stars is solid and posed for the "02s to be good next year. FCB, time will tell....fallout after spring??

Comment

Nice job list man....looks like you nailed it. NEFC definitely earned the top bill....Aztecs looked confused and outplayed....probably the turmoil in the club and the ??? for the fall. Stars is solid and posed for the "02s to be good next year. FCB, time will tell....fallout after spring??
            I predict a lot of movement from FCB to Breakers/NEFC due to a number of factors. One is simple geography and their addition to ECNL.
            Stars have a U14 team of 75% 02's and a U13 team of 90 % 02's. I think its fair to say the battle will be between NEFC and Stars for the 02 birth year.
            How many 02's are on the NEFC U13 team?
            Its already been stated on this thread that FCB U13's best player has been seen at other team's practices. Its likely when a top player leaves others will follow.

Comment

I predict a lot of movement from FCB to Breakers/NEFC due to a number of factors. One is simple geography and their addition to ECNL.
              Stars have a U14 team of 75% 02's and a U13 team of 90 % 02's. I think its fair to say the battle will be between NEFC and Stars for the 02 birth year.
              How many 02's are on the NEFC U13 team?
              Its already been stated on this thread that FCB U13's best player has been seen at other team's practices. Its likely when a top player leaves others will follow.
              Agreed - but FCB players have been at the Stars practices too....both '02s and '03s I guess we'll know if a few weeks.

Comment

Agreed - but FCB players have been at the Stars practices too....both '02s and '03s I guess we'll know if a few weeks.
                If you are leaving FCB for whatever reason what is the most attractive alternative NEFC or Stars? Legitimate question so logic please.

Comment

If you are leaving FCB for whatever reason what is the most attractive alternative NEFC or Stars? Legitimate question so logic please.
                  Depends - but here are a few things to consider:

1) location, which is easier for you Lancaster (ECNL, NPL) or Mendon? it's Marlborough for now but who knows.

2) If you '03 it's a toss up....if your '02 then Stars, NEFC '02 are national champs, so good luck getting on that team since the majority are '02s.

3) The ECNL license is Breakers, not NEFCs - so it's good till the deal isn't - some will say nothing to worry about, others say it's a leg concern -up to you...bottom line is Breakers holds the ECNL license, not NEFC.

4) Experience in ECNL - goes to Stars.

5) WDAP - NEFC...but who knows if Stars ends up with one too, for now, nod to NEFC.

Comment

I know this sounds crazy, but if 03 consider Aztec. Team will be very good, but also hard to make.

Comment

Depends which one is easiest to get to.

Comment

Depends - but here are a few things to consider:

1) location, which is easier for you Lancaster (ECNL, NPL) or Mendon? it's Marlborough for now but who knows.

2) If you '03 it's a toss up....if your '02 then Stars, NEFC '02 are national champs, so good luck getting on that team since the majority are '02s.

3) The ECNL license is Breakers, not NEFCs - so it's good till the deal isn't - some will say nothing to worry about, others say it's a leg concern -up to you...bottom line is Breakers holds the ECNL license, not NEFC.

4) Experience in ECNL - goes to Stars.

5) WDAP - NEFC...but who knows if Stars ends up with one too, for now, nod to NEFC.
                        This is the first post ever in TS history that actually addressed the OP's original question. Great response.

Comment

I know this sounds crazy, but if 03 consider Aztec. Team will be very good, but also hard to make.
                          What's going on with 03 birth year with Mass clubs? I'm hearing a lot of things maybe they don't conflict but confusing nonetheless. Some true or false questions:
                          1) 03 has less numbers of players overall T/F?
                          2) 03 teams are all on even par depending on recruiting T/F?
                          3) Easier to switch clubs if you are an 03 than 02 T/F?
                          4) Some teams have a lot of current 03's on their U13 teams but other teams have mostly 02's T/F?
                          5) NEFC and Aztecs are the top 03 teams T/F?
                          6) A current U12 03 has very small chance to make an 03 team at one of the clubs on the list T/F?

Comment

What's going on with 03 birth year with Mass clubs? I'm hearing a lot of things maybe they don't conflict but confusing nonetheless. Some true or false questions:
                            4) Some teams have a lot of current 03's on their U13 teams but other teams have mostly 02's T/F?
                            6) A current U12 03 has very small chance to make an 03 team at one of the clubs on the list T/F?
                            This sounds like it should be a whole new thread. I don't know the answers but have the same questions. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I can address #5 as far as Aztec. They have 9 03s playing on the U13 level this year. Most are very good and will make next year's 03 team. They also have a few U12s that are very strong and that team is very accomplished. The thinking is the combination of the two will make for a very successful team next year. At least on paper. The other side of that is that team will be hard to make.

I would love to know what the NEFC 03 team will consist of next year. I can tell you Aztec parents are not happy with the club as a whole, but the 03 players will stay because of the potential of that team next year. NEFC should try to pull from the Aztec 03s playing U13 NPL and maybe they have, not sure.

Comment

I can address #5 as far as Aztec. They have 9 03s playing on the U13 level this year. Most are very good and will make next year's 03 team. They also have a few U12s that are very strong and that team is very accomplished. The thinking is the combination of the two will make for a very successful team next year. At least on paper. The other side of that is that team will be hard to make.

I would love to know what the NEFC 03 team will consist of next year. I can tell you Aztec parents are not happy with the club as a whole, but the 03 players will stay because of the potential of that team next year. NEFC should try to pull from the Aztec 03s playing U13 NPL and maybe they have, not sure.
                                Assuming all the '03 Aztec players stay - go to the Aztec in trouble thread - doesn't sound that way!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X