X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age Cutoff Change and NEP

A question for somone who may know.

As we know next year US Youth Soccer is changing the age cutoff from the school year calendar (August) to a Calandar year (January).

This means many of the currect U-16 players who have fall birthdays will have to jump from U-16 to U-18 next year.

From what I can see NEP does not have a U-18 age group. I know MAPLE has a U-18/U-19 group.

Is there plans to add a U-18 age group next year in NEP?

do some research

have you bothered to look at the NEP website? look at the U18 standings

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

As we know next year US Youth Soccer is changing the age cutoff from the school year calendar (August) to a Calandar year (January).

This means many of the currect U-16 players who have fall birthdays will have to jump from U-16 to U-18 next year.

From what I can see NEP does not have a U-18 age group. I know MAPLE has a U-18/U-19 group.

NEP does have U18 league. Your club might not have a team though. All depends on turnout and you might have to search around. My daughter currently plays in U18 NEP league.

Comment

U18s are usually classified as Men's and Women's groups, and are usually listed at the top of the schedules. My son is playing in the NEP on a U18 team this spring. They always have U18 groups. As someone else said, your club may not have a U18 team, but the NEP will have groups.

Comment

U18s are usually classified as Men's and Women's groups, and are usually listed at the top of the schedules. My son is playing in the NEP on a U18 team this spring. They always have U18 groups. As someone else said, your club may not have a U18 team, but the NEP will have groups.
          nice - another year to waste 3k on GPS

Comment

No idea what GPS has to do with this. In any case U18 is usually treated differently than the younger ages. The vast majority of the players are seniors in HS or even college freshmen. They have already committed to a college.

The players are much more relaxed, the coaches are enjoying coaching their last season together. Most parents with the looming college tuition bills to pay are unwilling to pay large sums for club soccer.

The clubs recognize this and many charge little (or in the case of one much maligned club nothing) for their U18 teams. These teams generally don't travel to distant tournaments.

Clubs that don't discount their U18's generally lose whole teams to town soccer. Again parents are unwilling to pay for the luxury item that is U18 soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by OB1 View Post
              No idea what GPS has to do with this. In any case U18 is usually treated differently than the younger ages. The vast majority of the players are seniors in HS or even college freshmen. They have already committed to a college.

The players are much more relaxed, the coaches are enjoying coaching their last season together. Most parents with the looming college tuition bills to pay are unwilling to pay large sums for club soccer.

The clubs recognize this and many charge little (or in the case of one much maligned club nothing) for their U18 teams. These teams generally don't travel to distant tournaments.

Clubs that don't discount their U18's generally lose whole teams to town soccer. Again parents are unwilling to pay for the luxury item that is U18 soccer.
              Wondering if this will change a little bit with the birth year changes. Now 1/2 of the U18's will be Juniors now. I'm hearing that they'll make teams U18/U19 teams, and juniors who may still be looking for their college committment will make these teams a little more serious moving forward.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X