Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love our club and really appreciate HS soccer!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love our club and really appreciate HS soccer!

No doubt, we lover our club (parents, players, etc.), but HS is just about a quick intense season, and the goal is to win! We appreciate the differences and feel fortunate that we have the best of both!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No doubt, we lover our club (parents, players, etc.), but HS is just about a quick intense season, and the goal is to win! We appreciate the differences and feel fortunate that we have the best of both!
    HS is irrelevant in the big picture. No player is going to get committed through Yes, the coach's in HS want to win, but for the most part they lose sight of the fact that they are supposed to build character and basically be a good teacher first. Bullying, demeaning, playing favorites, is not what HS is about unless you have a bad coach.

Comment

HS is irrelevant in the big picture. No player is going to get committed through Yes, the coach's in HS want to win, but for the most part they lose sight of the fact that they are supposed to build character and basically be a good teacher first. Bullying, demeaning, playing favorites, is not what HS is about unless you have a bad coach.
      Please don't drink and post

Comment

Please go have a drink and lighten up!

Comment

As my 8th grade son who plays DA soccer said about playing HS soccer next year.

" I don't want to play HS soccer because if I do, it means my soccer career is over because I didn't make the DA team again."

It appears to me that HS soccer is just for having fun for those having given up on playing in College or trying to play p

Comment

" I don't want to play HS soccer because if I do, it means my soccer career is over because I didn't make the DA team again."

It appears to me that HS soccer is just for having fun for those having given up on playing in College or trying to play p
            Life is all about being Messi in 8th grade but he will grow up!

Comment

Soccer career? He's on a 00/01 DA team, so now he's gonna have a career? Do you slip the DA Kool-aid in his sippy cup when he's not looking? Uh-oh, here's a thought...what happens if he doesn't make the DA teqm next year, or even never again? He might as well hang up his boots...

Comment

Sorry, but that's just wrong. HS soccer is better than DA in so many ways. Would you rather play in front of your fat parents in lawn chairs or the girl you are crushing on in chemistry? Would you rather play for your local school or some sterile soccer club? Would you rather play to win or play for some grand idea of development, that means nothing in the big picture of life?

None of these kids will be going pro or playing any where meaningfull after HS, so let them play HS, make memories and forget about the over-hyped DA koolaid drinkers.

Comment

Awesome that you love both! I hope if lasts!

Comment

Would love for my kid to play DA, and given continued improvement and work on his game, he has a great chance to make the team as he gets older. In the meantime, he is loving HS and will continue to enjoy the time playing HS soccer with his classmates, in front of his classmates, and for his classmates.

Comment

Soccer career? He's on a 00/01 DA team, so now he's gonna have a career? Do you slip the DA Kool-aid in his sippy cup when he's not looking? Uh-oh, here's a thought...what happens if he doesn't make the DA teqm next year, or even never again? He might as well hang up his boots...
                      If he doesn't make the DA team for U16 he is going back to Rec soccer and then will probably play HS. Won't care much about practicing outside of formal practice, will goof around a lot more and won't take it very seriously. Will be just for fun and not trying to play for a D1 college or make it to Europe.

Comment

DA is waste of time you will never go Pro, they sell you a dream and crazy parents buy it!
                        none of the academies in FL have any realgreat training less than 1% of the kids come from those academies and go pro, why they still exist?
                        get a very good SAT and you have a better chance of getting a scholarship

Comment

DA is waste of time you will never go Pro, they sell you a dream and crazy parents buy it!
                          none of the academies in FL have any realgreat training less than 1% of the kids come from those academies and go pro, why they still exist?
                          get a very good SAT and you have a better chance of getting a scholarship
                          DA, Pro, high SAT, and scholarships are not for the average kids of this world. Love soccer and life.

Comment

DA, Pro, high SAT, and scholarships are not for the average kids of this world. Love soccer and life.
                            Very true. 99.9% of the parents reading this will be paying for their kids to go to college or figuring out a way to get grants or loan money.

Soccer will have nothing to do with any of it.

Comment

Love HS soccer more than club. Son plays for Wiregrass Ranch. They are lilttered w/ R3PL, NPL and former (by choice) DA players from 10-12 different clubs. They play great possession soccer and the boys love playing for their school. Coach lets them play and stays out of the way!! Good balance. Should be an exciting season for the boys. They are loaded (and young, too) Who cares about scholarships, etc? As stated earlier, it's about the memories and friendships they develop along the way that counts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X