• Show
Clear All

Academy vs High School divide

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...-with-coppell/

Interesting views.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Interesting views.
      This is my favorite quote: “Why do we allow clubs with no affiliation to a domestic professional team to have restrictions on not letting players play in high school?”

Comment

This is my favorite quote: “Why do we allow clubs with no affiliation to a domestic professional team to have restrictions on not letting players play in high school?”
        The short answer is because the club can't belong to the Development Academy program unless its Development Academy players are prohibited from playing high school soccer.

This is my favorite quote from the article: "If you don't play academy it is very hard to be seen by even average DI schools."

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
          the short answer is because the club can't belong to the development academy program unless its development academy players are prohibited from playing high school soccer.

This is my favorite quote from the article: "if you don't play academy it is very hard to be seen by even average di schools."
          my son never played academy and now is in his 2nd year at indiana..

Comment

The short answer is because the club can't belong to the Development Academy program unless its Development Academy players are prohibited from playing high school soccer.

This is my favorite quote from the article: "If you don't play academy it is very hard to be seen by even average DI schools."
            Academy is not about getting players to play college soccer.

Comment

There are exceptions to every general rule, Indiana is a top-tier program and your son must be an extremely talented player. Kudos and best wishes.

Comment

Academy is not about getting players to play college soccer.
                What is it for?

Comment

For soccer? Or cow tipping sciences? Name please.

Comment

What is it for?
                    It is develop players to play on US National team go to there web site it is there. They do not mention anything about college

From the DA site

The Development Academy is a partnership between U.S. Soccer and the top youth clubs around the country to provide the best youth players in the U.S. with an every day environment designed to produce the next generation of National Team players.

Remember it is a partnership not part of U.S. Soccer

http://www.ussoccer.com/development-academy

Comment

It is develop players to play on US National team go to there web site it is there. They do not mention anything about college

From the DA site

The Development Academy is a partnership between U.S. Soccer and the top youth clubs around the country to provide the best youth players in the U.S. with an every day environment designed to produce the next generation of National Team players.

Remember it is a partnership not part of U.S. Soccer

http://www.ussoccer.com/development-academy
                      40-45 games in 5-7 months sounds crazy.

Comment

40-45 games in 5-7 months sounds crazy.
                        40-45 games in 5-7 months sounds crazy, but the website says there are only 30 games during the Development Academy 10 month season.

Comment

US Soccer needs to revisit who should be in charge of developing their future athletes. Low level coaches do not know where to start.

Comment

I have no idea when I played HS was it that is all we had. Yes I am as old as dirt but that is what we had and the coach had an acent back then we thought he must know everything.
                            At the end of the day we learned one touch and to play hard on defence stay in your position. To me its about the same with the exception of overlaps,tricks or skills,and more parents who think they know everything in my day the parents did not understand soccer and they still don't so what the F is going on !

Comment

If the goal is to develop players for the US National team, why are there Canadian teams in the league? I know the answer to this question, but it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X