Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wish you were from the STFU youth soccer league.
    SFUYSA's response was total BS and laziness on their part. They need to get their act going on this and worry less about fines.

Comment

Considering the amount of teams supporting South Florida league is pushing 1000, it is inexcusable to not give gotsoccer points like other leagues in the country. It's bad enough FL has only 1 or 2 tournaments that give significant points. They make far too much money not to work out the details with gotsoccer.

Comment

I disagree. In the ideal world, ratings would be real-time to include results. A team can change dramatically from September to May. It doesn't make sense to wait until May to award points for league games the prior August/September.
        I don't disagree that points could be awarded for what they've actually done, but to award the maximum points that could be won over the course of the year to any one team just one game into the season (and you know this was done for many teams), and then to adjust them at some "future" point, if at all, is ludicrous. I am sure you don't mind taking the points if your team is the one at the top collecting them, even if only temporarily.

Comment

SFUYSA can keep the "complexities of the league" and still get results and points. It's a lot more work on the league but if they wanted they can also use the gotsoccer software.
          jefs companie mindshaft would lose money.

Comment

IMO the awarding of points for games should be immediate and the awarding of points for league position should be done monthly and adjusted monthly. This would keep points in relative balance.

Comment

The rankings are definitely skewed because of this. In FSPL, teams have their points from last year's season, and points for THIS year. Seems to completely go against gotsoccer software, as ranked events are supposed to drop off after 12 months. Can any one explain that?

Comment

The rankings are definitely skewed because of this. In FSPL, teams have their points from last year's season, and points for THIS year. Seems to completely go against gotsoccer software, as ranked events are supposed to drop off after 12 months. Can any one explain that?
                Tournament points last 12 months. League results points 24 months, I believe. Don't bet the ranch on this as I am not an expert and the current point system this season makes no sense.
                One thing I saw as odd. Tournament Champion awarded points but runner up awarded nothing. I am not saying that the points calculated for the runner up were zero but nothing calculated to award. That is different from past point pool calculations. Just let the kids play and progress.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X