Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was painful...and now I REALLY appreciate my club!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your son at DA will be flipping burgers unless he gets an education because there is no future in soccer in the US. At least boys who play club and high school have fun and make friends and memories that will last a long time. Most DA players never amount to anything but you will spend 10k per year dreaming. Take that money and invested in an SAT course.
    Hey! DA players have soccer IQ and are very smart.

Comment

Your son at DA will be flipping burgers unless he gets an education because there is no future in soccer in the US. At least boys who play club and high school have fun and make friends and memories that will last a long time. Most DA players never amount to anything but you will spend 10k per year dreaming. Take that money and invested in an SAT course.
      You act like the DA don't go to school, and that you can only make friends playing highschool/club soccer... Where my son plays it is free so that disregards what you have to say. Please go back to your kickball highschool soccer and just come to the fact that your son is not good enough for a DA team.

Comment

You act like the DA don't go to school, and that you can only make friends playing highschool/club soccer... Where my son plays it is free so that disregards what you have to say. Please go back to your kickball highschool soccer and just come to the fact that your son is not good enough for a DA team.
        Actually my son is good enough to play DA and already plays for a top club. He prefers to play HS and his team won state last year which was cool.

My son may chose not to play soccer in college but not because he can't but because he wants to attend college and become a professional. Good luck to your son but remember me when he doesn't make it past one year in college and can't handle the work load and then quits to become a handy man. LOL!!!

Comment

Actually my son is good enough to play DA and already plays for a top club. He prefers to play HS and his team won state last year which was cool.

My son may chose not to play soccer in college but not because he can't but because he wants to attend college and become a professional. Good luck to your son but remember me when he doesn't make it past one year in college and can't handle the work load and then quits to become a handy man. LOL!!!
          DA players do excel in school like regular players. There is also a demand and money for handy men!

Comment

Going to school early, eating cafeteria dinner before riding bus an hour, cheering on JV, getting a varsity victory, riding back on bus, getting home after 10pm, homework till 1am, and doing it all over the next day. Fun!

Comment

100 year old high school has one cold shower!

Comment

The reason HS soccer sucks is because anyone that is any good is not playing. The Development Academy players are not allowed to play HS soccer so you are left with kids that could not get on a DA team. They may play club, but it is second tier club soccer if they don't play DA.

Not surprising the play stinks since there are no good players there.

Go watch some DA soccer if you want to see some true talent.
                Ok, this is an absolutely ridiculous post and it seems like it is another DA parent trying to brag about how great they are and that their way is the only way. I have some sobering news for you, the best players in the state do not play DA. They have some very good players, but not the best. In FL, you have 5 DA's and that amounts to about 100 players per age division. So what you are trying to tell all of us that 100 players missing from the thousands of high schools in FL, makes that big of a difference. The DA's may be the best players in a given area around the DA's, but you are missing a heck of alot of players.

Comment

This is so true. I saw the documentary regarding Clint Dempsey. They also show the one success story but not the 9999 other kids that failed.

My son is a great soccer player ( relatively speaking) and I convinced him to go to school get his degree then at 22 go to Europe and give it a shot

why not got the other way and try soccer in Europe and if it does not work go to college at 22. in my opinion at 22 you get more out of college as you have matured and will appreciate the education.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X