Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let's find the percentage of Florida ECNL girls playing in ACC? What is that number? I'll tell you that number. See the facts below, be sure to sit down.
    FSU - 7 Florida kids on roster. Crowley played for Creeks, Scarpa played for Lakeland FC, M Hahn played for Space Coast, Pickett played for Creeks, Lopez played for Renegades, Grubka played for Space Coast, D Hahn played for VSI Flames. So in total 1 kid out of 7 Florida kids were ECNL.
    Duke - 2 Florida kids on the roster. Doria played for Team Boca, McDaniel played for FSA. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
    Virginia Tech - 1 Florida kid on roster. Sweitzer played for Tampa Bay United. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
    Louisville - 1 Florida kid on roster. Fisher played for Tampa Bay United. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
    Pittsburgh - No kids from Florida on roster. Which would mean 0 ECNL kids from FL.
    Virginia - 1 Florida kid on roster. Torres played for Ponte Vedra. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
    NC State - 1 Florida kid on the roster. Stengel played for Space Coast. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
    Clemson - 2 Florida kids on roster. Shakes played for Renegades, Campbell played for FL Rush. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL. Yeah sure Rush may have joined in that group to be O City but it was not ECNL that got her a verbal commitment, it was FL Rush. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
    Notre Dame - 1 Florida kid on roster. Veight played at Ponte Vedra. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
    Boston College - 0 FL kids on Roster.
    Wake Forest - 3 Florida kids on roster. Preston, Brown and Medina all played for FKK with Hue. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
    Miami - 4 Florida kids on roster. Perez played for Team Boca, Patterson played for Renegades, Holmes played for Braden River, Villaverde has no listing of club. So of the 4 kids, 3 of which have clubs listed none are FL ECNL kids.
    UNC - 2 Florida kids on roster. Heaberlin played for Clearwater Chargers, Scarpa played for VSI Flames. We will count Scarpa in the VSI group as ECNL but we all know her path did not need ECNL to get her to the ACC. She played at Lakeland as a youth before 17.

So in total that is 2 kids out of 25 Florida kids now playing in the ACC came from ECNL clubs. That is 8%.

Just to bust this stupid theory that ECNL in Florida is where it is to get somewhere in college soccer. 23 of 25 kids in the ACC are NON ECNL club kids, that is 92% of the Florida kids currently playing in the ACC did NOT come from the ECNL. How about those apples
    Your going to hate your self when you see the commits to ACC in the futere.

Comment

Awesome work well done. I think you may have wasted your time, did not want Fl ECNL players specifically just wanted ECNL players as whole. Thank you for using 2 of the 84 ECNL clubs.
      You can say you wanted ECNL as a whole but the fact is you wanted to promote ECNL because your kid plays for a Florida club in the league. So you can strut around in your ECNL polo and think that the kool-aid you are being told is so good is NOT the kool-aid you are really drinking. I will agree that ECNL may help kids in this country to get exposure but the facts laid out to you are living proof that it is not the only avenue. And not the avenue in Florida. In fact if you are in Florida you have a better chance in the ACC/SEC if you do not play in the league the way it is now in Florida. Poor leadership and decisions by boards who are only there to protect their kid. Most of your true players and families know that. And in the end they end of getting to the right fit for their kid. Just because you play in a league doesn't get you exposure, a big part is the coaches who coach your kid doing the leg work to promote your daughter to college coaches. Obviously that promotion is not coming from ECNL in Florida today, not in the ACC pal.

Comment

I dare you to post facts!
        Stack up VSI & Orlando City ECNL 18's with FKK U18, Sunrise U18 or Magic Jacks U18? Will there be a difference? You better believe it so go ahead and post where the kids are going to school.

Stack up VSI & Orlando City ECNL 17's with TBU, Ponte Vedra or JYS U16 girls. Let's see what ECNL did for those kids and see what it did for non -ECNL.

Go ahead let's see your future!

Comment

If ECNL is not a great source of exposure then why do 5 girls from the JFC-U16 National Championship team play as discovery players for mulipile different clubs? I get the fact that you have a huge dislike for ECNL. But the fact of the matter is you get much more exposure playing ECNL than any other league in the country. Like it or not, it is a fact. It is not the end all be all as far as recruiting goes as proven above, but it surely doesn't hurt to play on an ECNL team.

I don't recall anyone saying OCYS or WFF are the best teams in the state or they have the absolute best players. What they do have is better exposure to colleges.

Comment

I dare you to post facts!
            Stack up VSI & Orlando City ECNL 18's with FKK U18, Sunrise U18 or Magic Jacks U18? Will there be a difference? You better believe it so go ahead and post where the kids are going to school.

Stack up VSI & Orlando City ECNL 17's with TBU, Ponte Vedra or JYS U16 girls. Let's see what ECNL did for those kids and see what it did for non -ECNL.

Go ahead let's see your future!
            Folks in Cali said that 4 years ago. Check the facts.

I know these new fangle automobiles are going nowhere, horses are what makes the grass grow around here!!!

Comment

If ECNL is not a great source of exposure then why do 5 girls from the JFC-U16 National Championship team play as discovery players for mulipile different clubs? I get the fact that you have a huge dislike for ECNL. But the fact of the matter is you get much more exposure playing ECNL than any other league in the country. Like it or not, it is a fact. It is not the end all be all as far as recruiting goes as proven above, but it surely doesn't hurt to play on an ECNL team.

I don't recall anyone saying OCYS or WFF are the best teams in the state or they have the absolute best players. What they do have is better exposure to colleges.
              actually the florida ecnl clubs have said nothing but that being part of their club was the best route to getting recruited to the top schools - but not too worry as there are plenty of lower level schools for the rest, the non-ecnl... lol. the problem with this is that the top girls in the state actually play for non-ecnl clubs, which is obvious if you look at any rankings. the entire state of florida knows this. AND here is where you refuse to pull down your blinders: the ecnl clubs do not have the best exposure to colleges. perhaps to some colleges, we'll give you that, to others, not so much. I'm guessing you believe this because it is all you know. our club has colleges at our fields every week and I'm sure our club is not exclusive. after all it is who you know in this business and being able to field top players - not just a starting line, but an entire team - without needing 30 girls to do it. that says volumes to schools.

Comment

ECNL Value Overstated

Let me begin by saying I think there is value in the ECNL system in the long-term, but its not perfect. The article on ENCL's impact is not completely accurate though. A true measure of impact would be to take the number of players at ECNL clubs (say from FL) that were going to ACC or SEC programs, pre-ECNL then take the number of players at ECNL clubs post ECNL subtract the two and that is a true measure of impact. If OC was sending 10 players a year to DI pre-ECNL and now they are sending 12, the measure of impact is not 12....

Comment

Awesome work well done. I think you may have wasted your time, did not want Fl ECNL players specifically just wanted ECNL players as whole. Thank you for using 2 of the 84 ECNL clubs.
                  Well since he apparently responded to MY post that WAS specific to FL ECNL you might ask your own question. Who cares if YOU think it was a waste of time. A larger part of the discussions around ECNL are whether the FL teams are competitive. It is useful information for families in FL who are trying to figure out what league is best tor them.

Comment

Let's find the percentage of Florida ECNL girls playing in ACC? What is that number? I'll tell you that number. See the facts below, be sure to sit down.
                    FSU - 7 Florida kids on roster. Crowley played for Creeks, Scarpa played for Lakeland FC, M Hahn played for Space Coast, Pickett played for Creeks, Lopez played for Renegades, Grubka played for Space Coast, D Hahn played for VSI Flames. So in total 1 kid out of 7 Florida kids were ECNL.
                    Duke - 2 Florida kids on the roster. Doria played for Team Boca, McDaniel played for FSA. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                    Virginia Tech - 1 Florida kid on roster. Sweitzer played for Tampa Bay United. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                    Louisville - 1 Florida kid on roster. Fisher played for Tampa Bay United. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                    Pittsburgh - No kids from Florida on roster. Which would mean 0 ECNL kids from FL.
                    Virginia - 1 Florida kid on roster. Torres played for Ponte Vedra. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                    NC State - 1 Florida kid on the roster. Stengel played for Space Coast. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                    Clemson - 2 Florida kids on roster. Shakes played for Renegades, Campbell played for FL Rush. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL. Yeah sure Rush may have joined in that group to be O City but it was not ECNL that got her a verbal commitment, it was FL Rush. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                    Notre Dame - 1 Florida kid on roster. Veight played at Ponte Vedra. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                    Boston College - 0 FL kids on Roster.
                    Wake Forest - 3 Florida kids on roster. Preston, Brown and Medina all played for FKK with Hue. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                    Miami - 4 Florida kids on roster. Perez played for Team Boca, Patterson played for Renegades, Holmes played for Braden River, Villaverde has no listing of club. So of the 4 kids, 3 of which have clubs listed none are FL ECNL kids.
                    UNC - 2 Florida kids on roster. Heaberlin played for Clearwater Chargers, Scarpa played for VSI Flames. We will count Scarpa in the VSI group as ECNL but we all know her path did not need ECNL to get her to the ACC. She played at Lakeland as a youth before 17.

So in total that is 2 kids out of 25 Florida kids now playing in the ACC came from ECNL clubs. That is 8%.

Just to bust this stupid theory that ECNL in Florida is where it is to get somewhere in college soccer. 23 of 25 kids in the ACC are NON ECNL club kids, that is 92% of the Florida kids currently playing in the ACC
                    did NOT come from the ECNL. How about those apples
                    I figured as much. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Why would he hate himself? Unless you want to double check his information to see if it is factual, we can assume if may be correct because it sounds about right.

I wiill wager that the ECNL teams in FL are likely to get better; but just how much remains to be seen. In fact I just took a look at the most recent adds to the recruiting spreadsheet...which was dated yesterday and the commit noted for Florida State comes from Sunrise. But I don't put a whole lot of weight in the spreadsheet. The info coming from the schools websites are more accurate.

Comment

Why would he hate himself? Unless you want to double check his information to see if it is factual, we can assume if may be correct because it sounds about right.

I wiill wager that the ECNL teams in FL are likely to get better; but just how much remains to be seen. In fact I just took a look at the most recent adds to the recruiting spreadsheet...which was dated yesterday and the commit noted for Florida State comes from Sunrise. But I don't put a whole lot of weight in the spreadsheet. The info coming from the schools websites are more accurate.
                        Interesting, could you provide the link the the spreadsheet? thanks

Comment

The spreadsheet is already linked to on page 3 of this thread.

Comment

of course the school websites are more accurate, they represent actual players rostered, versus a website that is totally self-reporting.

Comment

Let me begin by saying I think there is value in the ECNL system in the long-term, but its not perfect. The article on ENCL's impact is not completely accurate though. A true measure of impact would be to take the number of players at ECNL clubs (say from FL) that were going to ACC or SEC programs, pre-ECNL then take the number of players at ECNL clubs post ECNL subtract the two and that is a true measure of impact. If OC was sending 10 players a year to DI pre-ECNL and now they are sending 12, the measure of impact is not 12....
                              This is exactly what I have been saying from the get go. The cream of the ECNL clubs has always been and will always be the best of the best. The top schools in the nation will always recruit from West Coast FC, Surf Academy, Colorado Rush, Dallas Texans, Eclipse, CASL, PDA etc. Nothing has changed...only the patch on their jersey.

Do you know who benefits most from ECNL? The mediocre player; the average player that needs help getting noticed, and has now been rubber stamped ECNL approved.

The elite players from the ECNL and elite club teams will always be found.

Comment

The elite player will get found regardless of ECNL. To think that a change to recruiting in just the last five years has all of a sudden allowed elite players to get recruited as though they were not getting recruited before is a bit naive. It's equally naive to believe that the best players all play in ECNL. We all know that JFC U-16 would easily beat OC or WFF. ECNL is valuable but when proponents of ECNL overstate the value of the league that reduce ECNL to nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X