ECNL College Impact ACC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a sample of a very good ECNL team that if you were to believe the hype you would think every single player was headed to a top Division I program. But in reality, its just another U17 team trying to get their players offers like the rest of us.

FC Virginia ECNL U17

out of a roster of 20 only 8 are committed

FSU 2, UF 2, Indiana, UVA, UConn, Georgetown

12 remain uncommitted!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Here is a sample of a very good ECNL team that if you were to believe the hype you would think every single player was headed to a top Division I program. But in reality, its just another U17 team trying to get their players offers like the rest of us.

FC Virginia ECNL U17

out of a roster of 20 only 8 are committed

FSU 2, UF 2, Indiana, UVA, UConn, Georgetown

12 remain uncommitted!

No kidding they are uncommitted. Many are juniors who are weighing their options. Terry doesn't want them to commit before they are ready. Come back signing day of their senior year.

Comment

No kidding they are uncommitted. Many are juniors who are weighing their options. Terry doesn't want them to commit before they are ready. Come back signing day of their senior year.
        Colleges are getting lazy and the ecnl clubs know and exploit this. so do other clubs but it is difficult to get noticed unless you are also sporting a 30 ACT, and 1600 SAT. I don't know Terry but no one tells us when our kid is going to commit.

Comment

Why is it that every parent in S Florida thinks somebody owes them something? "The lower third of the state is cast aside"...are you f-ing kidding me? If there is a reason college coaches bypass any S Florida player it would be because of their whiny ***** parents! The stereotype is that the parent thinks their child is a gifted soccer player due to their heritage, and that the parent knows more than the college coach...because of their heritage. Sorry, but skill, speed, heart, and being a good teammate is what make up a good college soccer recruit. The "being a good teammate" part is what hurts many S Florida players because they play as individuals instead of as a team. And do you know why? Because their parents preach this "we are better than them" attitude which just does not fly north of Broward County. Get over yourself and wake up! Colleges want ALL-around good players and right now you're just not in that league due to your whining and everyone knows that apple does not fall far from the tree.
          "Colleges got lazy"...now how ignorant can a person really be to say that? ECNL got smart and colleges recognize this platform. It does make their job easier for the most part. But a coach will go after any good player if they are an all-around good player. To make these ECNL teams you need to fit this all-around player mold or they will wash you out. ECNL players are also ready for the level of competition and the travel when they get to college. Nobody said the life of an ECNL player was a bed of roses. It is tough and demanding. You just do not see that in the non-ECNL clubs playing any of the USYS leagues. College coaches know this!
          what you know is your club. you believe you know other top clubs but you don't. small minds only produce small minds.

Comment

Everyone is o quick to bash FL teams and the ECNL yet there are 12-15 clubs consistently applying for the ECNL. How about you support and recognize that the ECNL has the value for the top level players and national team players, period! If the current 2 are paving the way then it's obvious you agree it is the right path.
            When will you wake up and support soccer players in the state period! Why don't you tell us how many 2014 ACC commits from FL were on ECNL teams vs R3 teams. Come back on 2015 signing day and do the same. ECNL in other states exceed the ECNL team's in FL. Now that will likely change in future years and FL team's will catch up...but they are not there yet.

Comment

Colleges are getting lazy and the ecnl clubs know and exploit this. so do other clubs but it is difficult to get noticed unless you are also sporting a 30 ACT, and 1600 SAT. I don't know Terry but no one tells us when our kid is going to commit.
              I said he doesn't want them to commit until they are ready. So you are saying you would be ok with your kid committing before they are ready. A good coach is ok with kids waiting because he wants the fit to be right for them. Other coaches push kids into committing just so they can post it.

I DO know Terry and wish that he was coaching my kids. He has far greater college connections than any coach I have come across since being in FL. If we still lived in DC I know who my girls would be playing for. Here, we haven't come across quality coaching yet.

And why oh why must you bring scores into this. We all know that academics are the key to getting into college. But this is a soccer forum and that is the topic of discussion.

Comment

When will you wake up and support soccer players in the state period! Why don't you tell us how many 2014 ACC commits from FL were on ECNL teams vs R3 teams. Come back on 2015 signing day and do the same. ECNL in other states exceed the ECNL team's in FL. Now that will likely change in future years and FL team's will catch up...but they are not there yet.
                Here you go, have fun.

https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/

Comment

Which heritage are you referring to specifically and how ignorant can a person really be to say that?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q61o4q3yw0...ment%20Map.pdf

You do realize that there are 50 states and that ECNL is not in all of them. That means all players of every age and gender are second tier because their kids aren't in ECNL?
                  My daughter has played against "Latino's" down there for 6 years. Nothing ignorant about a fact that most of the larger clubs including the likes of Weston, West Pines and now Sunrise are largely made up of Latinos. You are bringing up all 50 states and I am only talking about a very small part of Florida. Never said the players are second tier. I said the parents whine to much, and for the most part, the players are selfish on the field due to their whiney ***** parents. Not racist, not whining, but stating facts! I did knock the poster that said S Florida gets casted aside in recruiting due to its location. Football teams recruit down there in like it is Christmas and the players are the toys! The only problem with recruiting soccer players in S Florida are the parents.

Comment

Wow. The loser has the link to the incomplete spreadsheet.

Comment

I said he doesn't want them to commit until they are ready. So you are saying you would be ok with your kid committing before they are ready. A good coach is ok with kids waiting because he wants the fit to be right for them. Other coaches push kids into committing just so they can post it.

I DO know Terry and wish that he was coaching my kids. He has far greater college connections than any coach I have come across since being in FL. If we still lived in DC I know who my girls would be playing for. Here, we haven't come across quality coaching yet.

And why oh why must you bring scores into this. We all know that academics are the key to getting into college. But this is a soccer forum and that is the topic of discussion.
                      If you wait too long the spot on the college team may be taken by another recruit. Those test scores that you want to push aside are as important in recruiting as anything else so it is relevant to this conversation. My advice to you would be to take yourself and the fam back to DC so TERRY can find a team for your kid, because if you are waiting for a coach in Florida to make all of your college contacts then you had better not hold your breath!

Comment

Yes lets do that. The 4 R3PL teams vs the 2 ECNL teams. You should have 4 X as many R3PL kids right? Bet ya don't.

Comment

Yes lets do that. The 4 R3PL teams vs the 2 ECNL teams. You should have 4 X as many R3PL kids right? Bet ya don't.
                          Twice as many, but we get the point.

Comment

Twice as many, but we get the point.
                            good thing the math doesn't get much harder on this site. and this is why the kids need those skills!

Comment

THE ECNL COLLEGE IMPACT

The Atlantic Coast Conference

RICHMOND, Va. (October 22, 2014) - The Elite Clubs National League College Impact series catalogs the huge impact the ECNL has had on college women’s soccer in only 5 years of existence. The College Impact in the Big 12, the Pac-12 and the Big Ten have already been released, and today the ECNL’s impact in the ACC is announced.

In only 5 years, there are 207 ECNL alums currently playing in the ACC – nearly 57% of all ACC women soccer players. The ACC 2014 freshman class alone had 71 ECNL alums - 62% of the class.

Across college soccer, the “ECNL player” has become the epitome of the next generation collegiate soccer player and collegiate soccer star.

The ACC is one of the top women’s soccer conferences in the country, home to 3 NCAA Final Four teams in 2013. The ACC stretches nearly the entire length of the eastern seaboard, including Boston College, Clemson University, Duke University, Florida State University, University of Louisville, Miami University, University of North Carolina, North Carolina State University, University of Notre Dame, University of Pittsburgh, Syracuse University, University of Virginia, Virginia Tech University, and Wake Forest University. The ECNL College Impact for the ACC includes the past 5 freshman classes – the freshmen who began their college careers in the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 collegiate athletic seasons. In only 5 years of ECNL soccer:
                              •207 ECNL alumni are currently playing in the ACC - nearly 57% of the ACC.
                              •There were 71 ECNL alums in the 2014 ACC freshman class, 62% of the class.
                              •9 of the 11 players in the 2013 ACC All-Freshman team are ECNL alums, including the Freshman of the Year.
                              •34 ECNL alums are on the 2014 rosters of the three ACC teams that played in the 2013 NCAA Final Four (Florida State, Virginia, and Virginia Tech).

The ECNL is providing a highway to ACC college soccer – and the ECNL College Impact in the ACC is growing. The ECNL is more than four letters. It is a representation of the best platform and program for female soccer in the United States. Beyond that, the ECNL is representative of the vision and goals of the best clubs, teams, and players in the country. The ECNL is the aspirational focus for elite female athletes. Join the ECNL, and start your journey to the school of your dreams.
                              Let's find the percentage of Florida ECNL girls playing in ACC? What is that number? I'll tell you that number. See the facts below, be sure to sit down.
                              FSU - 7 Florida kids on roster. Crowley played for Creeks, Scarpa played for Lakeland FC, M Hahn played for Space Coast, Pickett played for Creeks, Lopez played for Renegades, Grubka played for Space Coast, D Hahn played for VSI Flames. So in total 1 kid out of 7 Florida kids were ECNL.
                              Duke - 2 Florida kids on the roster. Doria played for Team Boca, McDaniel played for FSA. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                              Virginia Tech - 1 Florida kid on roster. Sweitzer played for Tampa Bay United. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                              Louisville - 1 Florida kid on roster. Fisher played for Tampa Bay United. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                              Pittsburgh - No kids from Florida on roster. Which would mean 0 ECNL kids from FL.
                              Virginia - 1 Florida kid on roster. Torres played for Ponte Vedra. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                              NC State - 1 Florida kid on the roster. Stengel played for Space Coast. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                              Clemson - 2 Florida kids on roster. Shakes played for Renegades, Campbell played for FL Rush. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL. Yeah sure Rush may have joined in that group to be O City but it was not ECNL that got her a verbal commitment, it was FL Rush. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                              Notre Dame - 1 Florida kid on roster. Veight played at Ponte Vedra. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                              Boston College - 0 FL kids on Roster.
                              Wake Forest - 3 Florida kids on roster. Preston, Brown and Medina all played for FKK with Hue. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                              Miami - 4 Florida kids on roster. Perez played for Team Boca, Patterson played for Renegades, Holmes played for Braden River, Villaverde has no listing of club. So of the 4 kids, 3 of which have clubs listed none are FL ECNL kids.
                              UNC - 2 Florida kids on roster. Heaberlin played for Clearwater Chargers, Scarpa played for VSI Flames. We will count Scarpa in the VSI group as ECNL but we all know her path did not need ECNL to get her to the ACC. She played at Lakeland as a youth before 17.

So in total that is 2 kids out of 25 Florida kids now playing in the ACC came from ECNL clubs. That is 8%.

Just to bust this stupid theory that ECNL in Florida is where it is to get somewhere in college soccer. 23 of 25 kids in the ACC are NON ECNL club kids, that is 92% of the Florida kids currently playing in the ACC did NOT come from the ECNL. How about those apples

Comment

Let's find the percentage of Florida ECNL girls playing in ACC? What is that number? I'll tell you that number. See the facts below, be sure to sit down.
                                FSU - 7 Florida kids on roster. Crowley played for Creeks, Scarpa played for Lakeland FC, M Hahn played for Space Coast, Pickett played for Creeks, Lopez played for Renegades, Grubka played for Space Coast, D Hahn played for VSI Flames. So in total 1 kid out of 7 Florida kids were ECNL.
                                Duke - 2 Florida kids on the roster. Doria played for Team Boca, McDaniel played for FSA. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                                Virginia Tech - 1 Florida kid on roster. Sweitzer played for Tampa Bay United. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                                Louisville - 1 Florida kid on roster. Fisher played for Tampa Bay United. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                                Pittsburgh - No kids from Florida on roster. Which would mean 0 ECNL kids from FL.
                                Virginia - 1 Florida kid on roster. Torres played for Ponte Vedra. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                                NC State - 1 Florida kid on the roster. Stengel played for Space Coast. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                                Clemson - 2 Florida kids on roster. Shakes played for Renegades, Campbell played for FL Rush. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL. Yeah sure Rush may have joined in that group to be O City but it was not ECNL that got her a verbal commitment, it was FL Rush. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                                Notre Dame - 1 Florida kid on roster. Veight played at Ponte Vedra. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                                Boston College - 0 FL kids on Roster.
                                Wake Forest - 3 Florida kids on roster. Preston, Brown and Medina all played for FKK with Hue. So in total 0 FL kids are ECNL.
                                Miami - 4 Florida kids on roster. Perez played for Team Boca, Patterson played for Renegades, Holmes played for Braden River, Villaverde has no listing of club. So of the 4 kids, 3 of which have clubs listed none are FL ECNL kids.
                                UNC - 2 Florida kids on roster. Heaberlin played for Clearwater Chargers, Scarpa played for VSI Flames. We will count Scarpa in the VSI group as ECNL but we all know her path did not need ECNL to get her to the ACC. She played at Lakeland as a youth before 17.

So in total that is 2 kids out of 25 Florida kids now playing in the ACC came from ECNL clubs. That is 8%.

Just to bust this stupid theory that ECNL in Florida is where it is to get somewhere in college soccer. 23 of 25 kids in the ACC are NON ECNL club kids, that is 92% of the Florida kids currently playing in the ACC did NOT come from the ECNL. How about those apples
                                Awesome work well done. I think you may have wasted your time, did not want Fl ECNL players specifically just wanted ECNL players as whole. Thank you for using 2 of the 84 ECNL clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X