Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No Dummy-Rex may give the club a discount at PSF as a charitable contrib. No one other than BM is in favor of more lights at BRSC when there's plenty of lighted fields in that area.
    Really? You believe that SMR can offer a discounted PSC field use deal to BRSC.

BM drafted an FYSA rule in an attempt to remove the Chargers SC from the PSC. Even though that rule was adopted, FYSA could not enforce it retroactively. Now that same rule prevents BRSC teams and players from training or playing games at the PSC without the permission of the Chargers SC.

Do you believe the Chargers SC will allow BRSC to train and play at the PSC without receiving the same charitable contribution field discount from SMR?

Comment

Really? You believe that SMR can offer a discounted PSC field use deal to BRSC.

BM drafted an FYSA rule in an attempt to remove the Chargers SC from the PSC. Even though that rule was adopted, FYSA could not enforce it retroactively. Now that same rule prevents BRSC teams and players from training or playing games at the PSC without the permission of the Chargers SC.

Do you believe the Chargers SC will allow BRSC to train and play at the PSC without receiving the same charitable contribution field discount from SMR?
      My understanding of it is that Chargers own nothing of the PSC and have no "rights" or any say in whom ever may want to rent fields there, and I'm pretty sure any current agreements Chargers may have would have no affect on what any other entity may or may not do at the PSC.

Comment

My understanding of it is that Chargers own nothing of the PSC and have no "rights" or any say in whom ever may want to rent fields there, and I'm pretty sure any current agreements Chargers may have would have no affect on what any other entity may or may not do at the PSC.
        As far as I know, you may be correct to believe that the Chargers SC has no contractual agreement with SMR which in and of itself can prevent any other entity from renting field space at the PSC. However, because it has been designated as home field space for the Chargers SC, FYSA can indeed enforce its rules and prevent any FYSA affiliated youth soccer club from training or playing games at the PSC without the permission of the Chargers SC.

Comment

As far as I know, you may be correct to believe that the Chargers SC has no contractual agreement with SMR which in and of itself can prevent any other entity from renting field space at the PSC. However, because it has been designated as home field space for the Chargers SC, FYSA can indeed enforce its rules and prevent any FYSA affiliated youth soccer club from training or playing games at the PSC without the permission of the Chargers SC.
          I can't even imagine the PSC would sit still for basically a "tenant" to direct them on who they can and can't rent space to. I understand the FYSA rule and I don't disagree that if Chargers wanted to throw a fit and complain to FYSA about another club coming in to practice there - and that FYSA could attempt to thwart the other club from doing so, perhaps penalizing them in some way, and could it cause bad blood and hurt business, community relations, etc., for the PSC, possibly, but could they stop the PSC, legally, no.

Comment

I can't even imagine the PSC would sit still for basically a "tenant" to direct them on who they can and can't rent space to. I understand the FYSA rule and I don't disagree that if Chargers wanted to throw a fit and complain to FYSA about another club coming in to practice there - and that FYSA could attempt to thwart the other club from doing so, perhaps penalizing them in some way, and could it cause bad blood and hurt business, community relations, etc., for the PSC, possibly, but could they stop the PSC, legally, no.
            While it probably can't stop SMR from leasing it, FYSA can stop BRSC from using the PSC.

Because of the rate it pays and the other tenants and events it brings to the PSC, I wouldn't think SMR would want to lose the Chargers SC as a tenant, particularly when no local youth soccer club is willing to pay the same rate to become a tenant.

When all is said and done, I can't imagine: that SMR will offer BRSC any PSC rental rate that is less than the current rate of the Chargers SC; that any reduced rate will be offered without the approval of the Chargers SC; or that any reduced rate will be approved without some concession being made to the Chargers SC.

Comment

that was over three years ago! thinking LWR Chargers has just about folded... FCS probably has fewer teams as well. BR may be growing, IMG is probably the same and I believe Magic is trying to resurrect itself, Manasota is still around with a few teams, though mostly rec I think. well done Manatee County!
              Dont Forget the new AYSO club North Manatee Soccer Club, just over 200 players in their first season....

Comment

Are not the Chargers down to just a couple teams at the psa fields? I thought they were almost done? They never grew that concept of paying a lot of money for a crap travel team experience managed by douches from Pinellas county.

Comment

Are not the Chargers down to just a couple teams at the psa fields? I thought they were almost done? They never grew that concept of paying a lot of money for a crap travel team experience managed by douches from Pinellas county.
                  There are several of us at Chargers that are happy. I believe we have 7 boys teams and no girls teams at PSC. It is nice to have strong, non-parent coaches and have options for leagues.

Sure, some of our players get plucked for Academy; however, the teams that are left are a good lot.

Comment

There are several of us at Chargers that are happy. I believe we have 7 boys teams and no girls teams at PSC. It is nice to have strong, non-parent coaches and have options for leagues.

Sure, some of our players get plucked for Academy; however, the teams that are left are a good lot.
                    Wow, 7 teams and several people are happy? Yeah, sounds about right.

Maybe Tim could make a guest appearance and make sure no one is happy.

BR doesn't want anything to do with PSC. They have a great facility, but needed lit field space for their expanding program. They tried to implement a temporary measure and somebody complained. It'll blow over and next season it will be straightened out.

Comment

Wow, 7 teams and several people are happy? Yeah, sounds about right.

Maybe Tim could make a guest appearance and make sure no one is happy.

BR doesn't want anything to do with PSC. They have a great facility, but needed lit field space for their expanding program. They tried to implement a temporary measure and somebody complained. It'll blow over and next season it will be straightened out.
                      you lost me when you said BR has great fields. They are ok. a lot of rain and they are like walking on sponges.

Comment

They tried to implement a temporary measure and somebody complained. It'll blow over and next season it will be straightened out.
                        Don't hold your breath. Talk to any of the BRSC executives from 8-10 years ago and you will find the back fields will never receive lights due to the bleed over into Rosedale -- the county was very clear on this. That is why BRSC put a plan in place to practice on the non-lit fields more during Summer/Fall season so the lit fields would be in better condition when the clocks changed.

Comment

you lost me when you said BR has great fields. They are ok. a lot of rain and they are like walking on sponges.
                          As is everything in Florida...

Comment

We live in the area and our kids have played for all the clubs and at all the facilities. They have now moved on to college but we still enjoy soccer. The soccer years are a great family time so try to enjoy that part of it. All the clubs have negative aspects and some negative people. Once you learn that there's little to no money for soccer scholarships it should change your perspective and maybe you'll enjoy the ride more. Even kids who decide to pursue soccer in college may quit once you are out of their hair. Especially if they are riding the bench. Soccer gave them many great learning points as a kid but their college years should be based on what their career will be. Get a good SLR camera and take lots of great action shots of your kid. These are priceless. Don't get sucked into making travel soccer your life. Don't criticize the coach and other players even if they deserve it. Let your kid play High School Soccer. This latest thing where the DAs don't let them play for their High Schools is mean spirited and self serving and stupid if you agree to it. Being on a HS team is still a really big deal in the grand scheme of things. No one cares that you played on a club sport team when you were little. They don't. Getting on a HS team cant be bought like in club. Don't go on the club board unless you want to hurt your marriage, friendships and general reputation. If you can avoid fundraising by making a cash donation do it. Don't share a hotel room. Make a tournaments a mini vacation. After the game go see Blue man group etc. Our area doesn't produce great i.e. pro players so chances are your kid needs to concentrate on his/ her school work (AP classes, and other extra activities like Key Club , student counsel, and other civic groups. ) Build a great resume that includes soccer but not centered on soccer. The good schools want well rounded students. Soccer makes --0-- money for a school. At the end you may have enjoyed the ride. Hopefully Jr will be a successful engineer, Dr, Lawyer, software designer, etc.

Comment

Brsc/fcs/cc

YES!! You are so right. My kids are in college now. And everything you said is "right on". But it is hard getting this through to young parents. I wonder who you are and if I know you. Your words are my words!

Comment

Funny, my kid is at the other end of the spectrum. Playing ball and going to school for almost nothing. Granted, the money we spent travelling, tournaments, etc., probably would have done almost the same.

But I wouldn't trade it for anything. Keeping kids active, engaged, in addition to the fitness, adaptability, and learning to set goals. All of these and more benefits were realized through soccer. By the time they get to u18, most of the kids left are those committed to playing at the next level, or trying to.

Do some folks go crazy? Sure, but that is true of any sport. As long as the kid is having a great time and experiences, why not pursue it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X